ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 48
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
KChiefs1 07:06 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Just started watching it. At the 07:04 mark The Gunslinger (Yul Brynner) is standing against the wall, visible past Bernard's right shoulder.

Yeah I noticed that too.

Recap:
https://youtu.be/zmuqXcQM00s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
listopencil 11:53 PM 11-06-2016
It's in the scene where Ford is looking at the notebook and sees drawings of Dolores, the maze, and the device for creating hosts.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-07-2016, 02:03 AM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee.
listopencil 03:29 AM 11-07-2016
Here's the classic stance:

[Reply]
frankotank 01:32 PM 11-08-2016
Here's really shitty pic of 07:04 with just the figure:

Yeah I kinda hollered when I saw that like YEAH!

What cracked me up in the original movie is he NEVER runs. Just walks. Both thumbs hooked in his belt all Al Bundy style. and no matter how fast that dude runs....Yule catches up.
:-)

This show is SO damn GOOD! I am nerd boy familiar with the original movie and I couldn't see how they'd take that story and be able to turn it into a sustainable series. man....well done!
[Reply]
listopencil 03:46 AM 11-07-2016
Also: I'm not sure if the 'Wyatt' events really happened or if they are just created memories for Teddy and the other hosts. It would be the same either way but Ed Harris seems to have no knowledge of those events at all-and he would if it was a story that was ever actually played out at some point.
[Reply]
Buck 01:18 PM 11-07-2016
Also: I'm not sure if the 'Wyatt' events really happened or if they are just created memories for Teddy and the other hosts. It would be the same either way but Ed Harris seems to have no knowledge of those events at all-and he would if it was a story that was ever actually played out at some point.
They never happened. Ford just created that storyline.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:01 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
They never happened. Ford just created that storyline.
That was my impression. And the story could be easily implanted in other hosts so that they had the right reaction to him. But it has me wondering if it really did play out, or if it was based on an incident that actually happened.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:47 AM 11-07-2016
I feel like I need to watch last night's episode again, like there was a metric fuckton of shit revealed but not noticed....
[Reply]
listopencil 01:01 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I feel like I need to watch last night's episode again, like there was a metric fuckton of shit revealed but not noticed....
I have been watching the review videos on YouTube through the week after the episode sinks in and I start getting antsy for the next one. There are some decent ones out there.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:04 PM 11-07-2016
After last night the thought kept sticking in my head that Arnold achieved sentient AI through transfer of consciousness but (some major plot point) caused him to inhabit the computer systems of the park rather than a host.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:03 PM 11-07-2016
After last night the thought kept sticking in my head that Arnold achieved sentient AI through transfer of consciousness but (some major plot point) caused him to inhabit the computer systems of the park rather than a host.
Are we 100% sure that Arnold is really dead? Other then the story from Anthony Hopkins saying he died at the park under mysterious circumstances nobody has mentioned Arnold.

What if he is still alive in the park?
[Reply]
listopencil 02:09 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Are we 100% sure that Arnold is really dead? Other then the story from Anthony Hopkins saying he died at the park under mysterious circumstances nobody has mentioned Arnold.

What if he is still alive in the park?
It's possible. That could have been Arnold grabbing what's her name at the end of the episode, living as a hermit in some secluded area of the park. But nobody mentions him because the event (whatever it was) was a PR nightmare.The company scrubbed his existence. I like to think it was the breakdown from the movie-this universe's version of it.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:02 PM 11-07-2016
It could just be a plot device to foreshadow exactly how badly you can mess up when playing with the hosts settings, leading in to Maeve being reprogrammed at the end of the episode.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:48 PM 11-07-2016
Maeve is going to be one bad ass conniving robot. Lowered loyalty, 100 intelligence when shew as 14 before.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 48
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up