ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Media Center>It's a Done Deal: Disney purchases Fox
DaneMcCloud 11:12 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
They are only buying movie industry portions. I don't see that as an issue in any admin. The TV stuff (news / sports) is not going to Disney.
They’re purchasing all 18 of the Fox Regional Sports Networks, which will be folded into ESPN, so you’ll like see an ESPN Kansas City that carries Royals, Sporting KC amd other sports programming related to the region.

They’re also getting FX, FXX and National Geogrpahic and all of its channels.

The only divisions staying at Fox are Fox News, Fox Sports and the Fox Over-The-Air network.

So basically, Disney is purchasing 20th Century Fox movie and television studio and cable networks, plus international TV holdings and Fox’s interest in Hulu.

Murdoch retains control of Fox News Channel and the Fox broadcast network, which will be spun off into a separate company.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:51 AM 12-15-2017
Next move - AT&T buy the remaining parts of FOX.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:16 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Next move - AT&T buy the remaining parts of FOX.
Nah, there's no real value there.

Unlike AT&T purchasing Warner Brothers, the studio, soundstages and recording studios and all of its assets are going to Disney.

All that's left is Fox News, Fox Broadcasting and Fox Sports 1 & 2.

That's just not very appealing.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:18 AM 12-15-2017
Ahh, didn't realize they were getting the sport stations, and didn't realize FX was still around!
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:23 AM 12-15-2017
I bet it does not get through FTC And FCC.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:45 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I bet it does not get through FTC And FCC.
I'll take that bet.

The deal was structured to pass any legal challenges.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:00 PM 12-17-2017
I had so much optimism about this until I remembered how far Marvel comix fell and how fucking horrid Last Jedi was...
[Reply]
listopencil 02:49 PM 12-17-2017
This is kind of weird for me. I remember when FOX popped up as a TV station and I wondered at the time if they could make it work. And now it looks like FOX is only going to be a TV station. The Disney streaming service just got more interesting though.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:23 PM 12-17-2017
I want to know how Disney gets around owning 2 tv stations I thought the law says a company can't own more than one broadcasting station at once.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:25 PM 12-17-2017
Also makes you wonder if Disney will keep the fox shows going

What happens with The simpsons, Bobs burgers movie that just got green lighted,The gifted,Legion,Always sunny,Archer ?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:34 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
I want to know how Disney gets around owning 2 tv stations I thought the law says a company can't own more than one broadcasting station at once.
The OTA station is not part of it. Since it owns ABC
[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:36 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The OTA station is not part of it. Since it owns ABC
Can you care to explain in layman terms on this.

I thought Disney Owns ABC won't they own Fox broadcasting now ?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:40 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Can you care to explain in layman terms on this.

I thought Disney Owns ABC won't they own Fox broadcasting now ?
Look back through the thread. Those guys do a far better job than I could.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:16 AM 12-18-2017
Oh this thread exists.

I’m going to be trying to find a job in the next 12-18 months before they drop our department at Fox (international creative advertising).

They say they’ll take care of us, not sure if they think that gives anyone confidence.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:51 AM 12-18-2017
When Disney executives no longer have to pay taxes, can violate net neutrality by throttling the Simpsons, and can force The Orville to include minor Star Wars characters into their storyline, you know the world has gone to hell.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up