ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 702 of 791
« First < 202602652692698699700701702 703704705706712752 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:07 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I don't disagree.

But he's still better than Boston.

I'm not advocating for either of them.

But at least Addae is good at SOMETHING. That something being that he's a fearless hitter.

What's Boston good at?

Packing his shit and moving?
Addae has all the shit qualities of Boston with a bonus of being a head hunting penalty piece of crap. He's worse.

I get the grandstanding, but lets not make up narratives.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:10 PM 04-03-2019
I know it’s PFF but Boston was the 24th ranked safety in 2018 while Addae was the 76th.

I agree with everything else Detoxing is saying, but Boston is clearly the better player.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:12 PM 04-03-2019
I have no problem if the Chiefs sign guys like Boston for peanuts. I just find it humurous when guys like Boston are treated as some sort of plug for a hole. No, just because they sign guys like Tre Boston doesn't mean S isn't a need still. Tre Boston shouldn't change the way the team looks at the draft.

For the past month now it's been "OMG have we signed Tre Boston yet!?!? Why haven't we signed Tre Boston???"

---uhm....because Daniel Sorenson fills the same role already?

The constant advocating of meh players is :-)

If they sign a Tre Boston, whatever. If they don't, whatever.
Boston and Sorensen aren’t similar players.

Boston is a coverage safety where Sorensen is mostly a money backer type safety.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:18 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Boston and Sorensen aren’t similar players.

Boston is a coverage safety where Sorensen is mostly a money backer type safety.
I get it, Boston is great. That's why he's onto his 4th team in as many years.

I meant that they serve the same role as veteran depth guys, not guys you want starting.

Nor am i convinced that Boston is any more of a "coverage" safety than Sorenson is.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:19 PM 04-03-2019
Tre Boston doesn't improve the Chiefs. See, that's why you're stupid.
That’s just silly.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...er-free-agency

QB rating into his coverage was 61
The longest pass he gave up all year was 22 yards
He signed last year for 2.5m

He will never be a world beater, but to say he wouldn’t improve our secondary is misinformed.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:21 PM 04-03-2019
I get it, Boston is great. That's why he's onto his 4th team in as many years.

I meant that they serve the same role as veteran depth guys, not guys you want starting.

Nor am i convinced that Boston is any more of a "coverage" safety than Sorenson is.
NOBODY is saying he’s great, that’s just hyperbole.

What some are saying is that he’s the type of cheap role player that good teams need to fill out rosters.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:39 PM 04-03-2019
Shit, I'd take Ha Ha Clinton-Dix's 1/$3M contract right now.

He would have paired well with Honey Badger and given the Chiefs maximum flexibility in the draft.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:42 PM 04-03-2019
Boston will be on like his 4th team in 4 years. There's something going on there...
[Reply]
BossChief 01:45 PM 04-03-2019
I really do wonder what the deal is with guys like Boston and Zach Brown. They are good players that nobody wants...even for cheap.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:47 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Boston will be on like his 4th team in 4 years. There's something going on there...

[Reply]
Skyy God 01:49 PM 04-03-2019
I really do wonder what the deal is with guys like Boston and Zach Brown. They are good players that nobody wants...even for cheap.
Probably hoping injuries or failed draft plans drive their prices up.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:59 PM 04-03-2019
NOBODY is saying he’s great, that’s just hyperbole.

What some are saying is that he’s the type of cheap role player that good teams need to fill out rosters.
And what I'M saying is that who gives a shit about him, no he doesn't make this team better. This team is in a bad position if he has a role here.

I don't give a damn about some obscure stats you pulled.

Shit like not giving up a pass over 22 yards...GMAFB. He's a safety. How do you even quantify something like that? He gets credit for being in a relative vicinity of good coverage by PP?

Since the start of FA certain posters have been clamoring for replacement level FA's like this guy. Celebrating the signings of non-impact players, much like Boston and then sticking their heads in the sand pretending this is an IMPROVED roster. (Insert Kelce jerk-off GIF)

Right now this defense, outside of two guys, is nothing BUT cheap role players. More will not make this team better.

Especially if it comes at the sacrifice of an actual upgrade.

Guys like Boston etc are guys you sign AFTER the draft, around TC. You know, just like last year.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:00 PM 04-03-2019
Oh i don't know, maybe he's just not as good as your obscure stats suggest?

Teams are dumping the guy like he has ebola. For the 4th year in a row.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:03 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Probably hoping injuries or failed draft plans drive their prices up.
OR...OR....i know this is crazy so hang tight...they have no market. Teams aren't interested. At any price.

At least not till they're desperate.

You know, around when TC starts up.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:05 PM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by :
Boston finished 2017 with 79 tackles and five interceptions for the Chargers and, at 25 years old, expected to get a lucrative long-term deal. Instead of a bidding war, it was radio silence.

“I didn’t have any offers,” Boston said. “Literally no offers all offseason.”

On the eve of training camp, Boston finally agreed to a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the Cardinals.
What you have here, is a pattern. Maybe just accept that NFL front offices know more than our CP GM's and stop clamoring for poor man's stop gaps?

Maybe, Juuuuust maybe, the Chiefs have their eyes set on something better? Maybe their expectations aren't as low as Inmen's?

I know it's crazy to think about, but consider that the Chiefs may have bigger plans than Tre fucking Boston. Or that they don't even see him as an upgrade over what they have now.
[Reply]
Page 702 of 791
« First < 202602652692698699700701702 703704705706712752 > Last »
Up