ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Are you getting a flu shot this year?
Yes 90 59.60%
No 58 38.41%
Gaz says vaccinations cause penis shrinkage 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are you getting a flu shot this year?
htismaqe 03:15 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Mass suicide of retail pharmacists would ensue. :-)
:-)

Like I said, I don't know if it's feasible but with how long the season is lasting and the differences in the strains, it seems like two, staggered vaccines would be maybe even doubly effective.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:11 PM 10-16-2020
I'd like to thank you for the "unless it's 100% effective it's useless," addition.

Do you know how many people died of smallpox in the 20th century? 300 million.

Do you know when smallpox was eradicated? 1979.

Do you know how smallpox was eradicated? By mass vaccination.

Do you know how effective the vaccination was? 95% How long did it protect you for? 3-5 years.

So, somehow something that is less than 100% effective and requires a booster managed to eliminate a disease from the Earth that killed the equivalent of 90% of the current American population in the very century it was eradicated, but vaccines are useless.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:06 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I'd like to thank you for the "unless it's 100% effective it's useless," addition.

Do you know how many people died of smallpox in the 20th century? 300 million.

Do you know when smallpox was eradicated? 1979.

Do you know how smallpox was eradicated? By mass vaccination.

Do you know how effective the vaccination was? 95% How long did it protect you for? 3-5 years.

So, somehow something that is less than 100% effective and requires a booster managed to eliminate a disease from the Earth that killed the equivalent of 90% of the current American population in the very century it was eradicated, but vaccines are useless.
Measles, Polio etc. etc. I hope that Americans will again embrace science after the election. Science is the total opposite of partisan politics. It's just about proving a fact using the scientific method. Proven non-disputable facts. That has a lot of value in our lives.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:11 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Measles, Polio etc. etc. I hope that Americans will again embrace science after the election. Science is the total opposite of partisan politics. It's just about proving a fact using the scientific method. Proven non-disputable facts. That has a lot of value in our lives.
Lol science is in bed with politics.
Always has been.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 04:15 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Lol science is in bed with politics.
Always has been.
I think what you mean to say is that politics will try to corrupt anything (Religion, industry, science, etc.) to its own uses.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:17 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I think what you mean to say is that politics will try to corrupt anything (Religion, industry, science, etc.) to its own uses.
Try? They've succeeded beyond measure
[Reply]
Spott 03:27 PM 10-16-2020
I got one this year, but only because my better half talked me into it. The last time I had a flu shot before that Marty was our coach, Gannon vs GrBac was a current event and CP was a candy bar in AC’s back pocket. I’ve had the flu once since then so we’ll see how it goes.
[Reply]
backinblack 03:32 PM 10-16-2020
been meaning to, keep forgetting. They are free so why not? You end up getting sick it's not like you paid for it.
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:35 PM 10-16-2020
Got mine at the VA today. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 04:10 PM 10-16-2020
Never got a flu shot, never got the flu.

I spent my whole life interacting with 5,000,000 people in 36 countries and 42 states and in all weather climates. Shake hands, hug, high five, and all the other human interactions that were normal until the Wuhan Bat Flu.

No colds, no flus.

However, if I only took preventative medicine to stop the crabs and the clap I would a much healthier person as a 18-25 year old. :-)
[Reply]
sedated 04:14 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Never got a flu shot, never got the flu.

I spent my whole life interacting with 5,000,000 people in 36 countries and 42 states and in all weather climates. Shake hands, hug, high five, and all the other human interactions that were normal until the Wuhan Bat Flu.

No colds, no flus.

However, if I only took preventative medicine to stop the crabs and the clap I would a much healthier person as a 18-25 year old. :-)
"I usually wear a condom, but then I thought...when am I going to be in Haiti again?"
[Reply]
scho63 04:31 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
"I usually wear a condom, but then I thought...when am I going to be in Haiti again?"
I was in Haiti in 1985 evaluating a dive shop and hotel located on the ocean for the owner of a NJ dive shop. The person who got me PADI certified and where I bought all my dive gear.

Ironically I banged a super sexy tiny French Canadian girl who stood about 4' 10' in heels with great "C" cup natural tits.

She had a "10" body and a "8" face. Not bad juju passed from her to me. She was clean and was there with her girlfriend, who was dating the French owner.

Great time.

Just 3 months later, Baby Doc was deposed and Haiti plunged into turmoil that exists until today.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 04:11 PM 10-16-2020
I used to be hit and miss - until i got the flu (~20 yr ago) which laid waste to me. I couldn't hardly move for 4 days, then I felt better and tried going back to work. They propped me in a corner. The effort laid me out for another 3 days.

Then my employer provided flu shots every year and I haven't missed since.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:12 PM 10-16-2020
HELL NO:-)
[Reply]
eDave 04:20 PM 10-16-2020
Getting sick is the only time I take off work. No shot for me, ever.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up