ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 29
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen, people. We need to have a talk about a Chiefs name change at some point.
Rain Man 11:59 AM 06-29-2020
I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:20 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
These people aren't stopping with names.

You know it, I know it.

Give them an inch and they'll try to take everything.

Next thing you'll know, the feminists will try to get rid of cheerleaders...then it won't be long before someone is calling them out for having no trans-players in the NFL...just watch...if this goes beyond the Redskins they're going to destroy the NFL as we know it.
You have really gone over the bend in the last year or two.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:40 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
See, it's the people he's referring to who have gone around the bend. But you don't process criticism well, so. . . .
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:42 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Have I?

Patrick Mahomes is openly supporting Marxists for woke points so the mob doesn't destroy him.

Don't tell me I've gone around the bend...I see what is really happening, you don't.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 02:05 PM 07-05-2020
KC I'm your boogie man, sunshine
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:10 PM 07-05-2020
Have I?

Patrick Mahomes is openly supporting Marxists for woke points so the mob doesn't destroy him.

Don't tell me I've gone around the bend...I see what is really happening, you don't.
Yes, it's is everyone else that is insane, not me! I see the truth!

Couldn't possibly be that Mahomes actually believes in what he says. Nope, you've got it all figured out. You know what's going on inside his head better than he does.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 07:21 PM 07-05-2020
Well...obviously all future cheerleaders must be transgendered women.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 07:26 PM 07-05-2020
I never had a chance to nominate something but I really wish I had nominated Fountains. Please sneak it in there.
[Reply]
Cleavage 07:35 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief:
I'll be pissed if we change our name.
Chief is not an offensive title.
Arrowhead is not an offensive title.
Our Arrowhead logo also not offensive.

But I must say I find the over use of "Chiefs Kingdom" offensive & cringe whenever I hear it & its used a lot.
So would that also have to change then?
:-)
If people think "Indians" is offensive then prepare for all your shit to go too.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:50 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
I never had a chance to nominate something but I really wish I had nominated Fountains. Please sneak it in there.

Fountains might offend someone.

Rocks won’t.
[Reply]
kevrunner 11:07 PM 07-05-2020
Here is a pretty good argument for those that want the Chiefs name changed. This is from a website supporting that:

[I][Chief - This is a word that is commonly given as a nickname which incorrectly labels Native American men. The term 'chief' itself is incorrect. American Indian leaders were never 'chiefs', but headmen, or clan mothers, and so on. Not 'chiefs'. Native leaders were highly disrespected by the USA. So calling someone 'Chief', is just a way to continue that disrespect. Trust us when we tell you, being called 'chief' carries with it the same insulting, belittling sting for a Native man as being called 'boy' does for African American men/I]
[Reply]
ILChief 06:12 AM 07-06-2020
I hope nothing changes, but I bet the stadium playing the chop music goes away. Afraid warpaint may be gone soon too. I hope the team name and logo don’t change. I’m hoping the worst case is the name stays and like someone said earlier, they go with a fire chief theme instead of Indian chief as the name itself doesn’t apply to just native Americans like Redskins, Indians, etc.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:55 AM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by bobhill:
They're not gonna change the name of chiefs or arrowhead

You are naive.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:09 AM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by ILChief:
I hope nothing changes, but I bet the stadium playing the chop music goes away. Afraid warpaint may be gone soon too. I hope the team name and logo don’t change. I’m hoping the worst case is the name stays and like someone said earlier, they go with a fire chief theme instead of Indian chief as the name itself doesn’t apply to just native Americans like Redskins, Indians, etc.
The Hunts don't give a shit. Never have.

They are old money from Texas and they will stick to their guns.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:16 AM 07-06-2020
The Hunts don't give a shit. Never have.

They are old money from Texas and they will stick to their guns.
Yea they don't give a shit until sponsors lose their shit or the NFL steps in. All it takes is a few people to bring this up...

A pitcher on the Cards threw a fit and the Braves promptly removed all their tomahawks.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:21 AM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea they don't give a shit until sponsors lose their shit or the NFL steps in. All it takes is a few people to bring this up...
That's not happening. The Chiefs run this town. That's why all the KC Star stuff bounces off them like a ping pong ball.

If the Chiefs were prone to caving to public pressure on bullshit, Tyreek wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be Super Bowl Champs.

So all of you can just stuff it.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 29
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up