ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 29
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen, people. We need to have a talk about a Chiefs name change at some point.
Rain Man 11:59 AM 06-29-2020
I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
[Reply]
eDave 06:52 AM 07-01-2020
Champions should be the name of every team defending their title.
[Reply]
nychief 07:33 AM 07-01-2020
If not the Chiefs it would have to be the Scouts. But that being said... call them the Chiefs.
[Reply]
redfan 09:00 AM 07-01-2020
The Kansas City Chiefthraki

Watch them change it to something weak like wolves
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:14 AM 07-01-2020
If not the Chiefs I say change it to the Kansas city glory holes
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:12 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
I see where you’re coming from; I think I would defer to native Americans as to whether or not the name Chiefs is offensive - wouldn’t you?
Stick to DC for these awful takes :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:18 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I wouldn't change anything else, but the chop sucks, for the reasons you noted. It's unoriginal and boring.
You seem like you'd watch the game, seated, arms crossed, mumbling for people to be quiet. Pathetic...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:19 AM 07-01-2020
KC Kucks
[Reply]
stevieray 10:25 AM 07-01-2020
Kansas City Flyovers
[Reply]
ping2000 04:34 PM 07-01-2020
"Kansas City non binary cis trans collective."

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 11:22 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
"Commemorate", that's a load of white washing hypocritical horse shit.
The early pioneers and settlers simply adopted the established names that were already in use.
While "Chief" implies a certain amount of respect, I don't see much "commemorating". How many people In Arrowhead would know an actual Chief's name that wasn't in a disney or John Wayne movie?
European settlers did terrible things to the Native Americans and then left the remaining survivors with nothing. NAs see right through that hollow meaningless appropriation disguised as some sort of honor???
Yeah. Kansas is racist name. Should have named it New Younkers or New Wales after the white ppl from Europe.
[Reply]
kevrunner 01:40 AM 07-02-2020
Kansas City Comets ☄️
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 05:35 AM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Are you trying to get your statue torn down or something?

While we all have our own beliefs about the Chiefs name, the truth is that there are some public relations people dogging on us. It's best to be prepared in case something happens and we have to pivot quickly. We'll just prepare an acceptable alternative name and Clark can keep it in his back pocket.
The last time we did something to please the PR people we gave away the league top rusher for free.
Then we didn't care the PR people and we keep Tyreek.
Now it's our name and God knows what's next.
In other words **CK the PR people.

Chiefs has no racist connotation anyways. If I was a native american I would be proud to see some of my traditions such as the tom and the chants blending into the sports culture.
If C. Hunt ever comes across this thread he better know the fan base won't accept no name change at all.
Those who deny the enlightenment of traditions of the past are doomed to a future of darkness.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06:38 AM 07-02-2020
KC Chiefs-Concerns
[Reply]
MGRS13 10:44 AM 07-02-2020
Clark,the Hunts, need to hire someone who’s sole purpose is to acknowledge this issue and take it on. Not a PR person. He needs to hire someone connected and respected in the Native American community who also understands business and publicity in the current corporate environment. This person would need to spend time with leaders of the Native American community and figure out what kind of out reach they can do with the media. This isn’t rocket science. There is an issue of name and imagery Used by the chiefs. Ignoring it now is the absolute worse thing you can do. If and when this issue reaches a boiling point Clark would be in a good position to roll out the head of this new department and allow him or her to speak to what the chiefs are doing. If your not two steps ahead you’ve all ready list the race. Clark can afford millions if that’s what it takes to build a bridge between him the Native American community and the media.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:04 AM 07-02-2020
I think l clark has his mind made up what he is going to do. He is going to let the cash roll in until the PR becomes damaging enough to lose money.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 29
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up