ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 29
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen, people. We need to have a talk about a Chiefs name change at some point.
Rain Man 11:59 AM 06-29-2020
I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 12:09 AM 06-30-2020
I remember The Kansas City Kings basketball team ... and I have to admit it has a certain ring to it.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 12:15 AM 06-30-2020
Pioneers
[Reply]
srvy 12:20 AM 06-30-2020
kC Copperheads
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:30 AM 06-30-2020
Kansas City Coyotes

Kansas City Crows

Kansas City Copperheads

Kansas City Cottonmouths

Kansas City Kings

Kansas City Knights

Kansas City Scouts

Kansas City Storm

Kansas City Cataclysm

Kansas City Catastrophe

Kansas City Scourge
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 02:25 AM 06-30-2020
The Kansas City Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck ups.
[Reply]
Spott 05:26 AM 06-30-2020
Missouri Chiefs
[Reply]
Sorce 07:25 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by HayWire:
Screw it. Since someone is always offended might as well go full generic for all sports. Kansas City Missourians, Miami Floridians, San Francisco Californians, etc
That won't work, Missouri is named after a tribe and we all know that is offensive.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:27 AM 06-30-2020
If we can’t be the Chiefs, just go with Slack Jawed Yokels and move us to the arena league
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:37 AM 06-30-2020
It's not the name that's offensive, is it? A chief is someone who is in charge.

It's the chop. And the headdresses. And the chant. And all the culture we have created that we love and care about so much.

When Spaniards settled Mexico they created classes with the natives, instead of murdering them all. The natives were the lower class, white Spaniards were the upper class and the middle class was the mix of native and Spaniard people.

Would this be a non-issue is the English settlers would have done the same in America?
[Reply]
PHOG 07:45 AM 06-30-2020
Camaroheads
[Reply]
HayWire 07:49 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
That won't work, Missouri is named after a tribe and we all know that is offensive.
Fine....The Kansas City Mid-Westerners
[Reply]
penguinz 07:52 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Lol, in a previous quote, I quoted an Indian who in fact did.
The argument that it isn't a racist term because they use it among themselves is one of the most ignorant comments ever. if you cannot understand this then you are more ignorant than I thought.
[Reply]
Sorce 07:52 AM 06-30-2020
Kansas City X-Factors
[Reply]
penguinz 07:54 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Kansas City X-Factors
Is there enough meth in the area to go this route?
[Reply]
jallmon 08:57 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
The word Chief is noble and has a respectful connotation. In this case, it is attributed to the elders of the native american communities. There is nothing racist, demeaning or pejorative in its definition. To argue otherwise is irrational.
The way I heard it was Lamar Hunt named them the Chiefs in honor of a KC politician known as the "Big Chief", for his help in getting the team moved from Dallas and established in KC.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 29
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up