ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Nzoner's Game Room>Getting old sucks
O.city 09:56 AM 06-27-2020
Age has really been hitting me a bit lately. I know I know I’m not that old, I’ll be 33 next week, that’s not that old.

But I’ve been having some age issues lately. My hair is getting gray, I have to work harder to get loosened up to workout and most recently, I’d been having some weird headaches and issues with my eyes. Primary care physician thought maybe it was sinus pressure so we treated that or maybe it’s an inner ear thing.

She also recommended I have my eyes checked as I hadn’t in a while And I noticed playing golf the other day I had some issues. Always had good vision.

Welp, not anymore. Found out I need glasses now.

Not sure why it’s bothering me so much but it is
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:04 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Rock on DP - we had a place like that here too. Could even get bootlegged music.

My dad turns 90 on your birthday as well, along with another good friend of mine.
I had to close the store in 1989 for several reasons. Desert Storm took away my customers for a year, at that time CD's were coming and I needed to start stocking, and our business was down 50%. Plus in the beginning CD's had a ridiculous list of $17.98. Other factors went in to the decision.

In 1992 I open an mail order and later a online business called Buccaneer Records. I did sell bootlegs, it was gray area because real bootlegs are live shows that would never be released otherwise, and some were very good quality taken from a soundboard. KTS Records (Kissing the Stone) was a great label for those, they were from Italy and could skirt the laws. It was counterfeits that record labels would go after, because that's a copy of a licensed title.

Online I sold a bunch of import CD's, for example White Snake Restless Heart album came out here in 1997, it came out in Japan a year earlier with 3 bonus tracks. At the time grunge was taking over, a lot of people still liked hard rock, hair bands, and classic rock. Many bands were still making new albums but only releasing them overseas. Frontier Records in Italy released a lot of new albums and then eventually CMC or some other label would release them here.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:08 AM 07-01-2020
Pulled something in my lower back doing deadlifts. Now I can't lift or run.

FUQUE
[Reply]
stevieray 08:09 AM 07-01-2020
Old? my ass..it's all perspective, man.

You've already accomplished what some dream of, or take some most of their lives to achieve. Some never do. I presume you have a wonderful wife, healthy kids. Most likely you are buying your own home and I know you drive a damn fine truck. I know you've worked your butt off to get here. Tip o' the hat, sir.

I lost my dad when I was 23, and he was 47. I thought that was ancient. I thought he was a few yeas away from fishing and laying around enjoying retirement. Then I turned 47, and realized how young my father truly was when he passed. It still hurts.

Now I'm 58. I've had my career for 25 years, or since you were 8. Think about that..it's a long time.

I just lost an Aunt who was 88. Thirty years older. THIRTY. That's a long time, too. I'm in the best shape of my life right now. Feel better than I ever have. I just assembled a chopper from the ground up. I was overwhelmed at the thought of it. ( I lost a talented, damn good friend (cancer) who was going to help me with the build) But I learned how to do it. At 58. it's an amazing feeling. Shows me that there is still lots to learn and accomplish..

You're not old, you're in the prime of your life, brother, you've got LOTS of life left to live, there is so much more in store for you. And don't sweat getting older, you'll get to enjoy the perks that only come with time and persistence. The wisdom you will have gained has no price tag.

Don't get busy "dying", get busy living.

p.s.Your eyesight has more to do with genetics than anything else. You've used your eyes intently with your profession. If glasses bother you that much, drop the coin and buy a bad ass pair of Ray Ban transitions. Stylin'.

FWIW
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:22 AM 07-01-2020
Cool stuff DP - side note back in the early 80's my sister worked for a stereo store. They had a salesman walk in with this shiny new disk he called a CD. He said it would revolutionize music and make LP's extinct. They just laughed at him.

I know some audiophiles that are still around. Die hard vinyl people.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:24 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Age has really been hitting me a bit lately. I know I know I’m not that old, I’ll be 33 next week, that’s not that old.

But I’ve been having some age issues lately. My hair is getting gray, I have to work harder to get loosened up to workout and most recently, I’d been having some weird headaches and issues with my eyes. Primary care physician thought maybe it was sinus pressure so we treated that or maybe it’s an inner ear thing.

She also recommended I have my eyes checked as I hadn’t in a while And I noticed playing golf the other day I had some issues. Always had good vision.

Welp, not anymore. Found out I need glasses now.

Not sure why it’s bothering me so much but it is
:-):-):-) ..67 year old man laughing at 33 yr. old
[Reply]
scho63 11:50 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by seclark:
Turning 60 in December
The aches and pains I can deal with
It’s the constant sitting, laying on my nuts
Or on certain toilets, my sack might hang in the water in the bowl
No fix for that
sec
Originally Posted by Otter:
This is a tad more information than I needed to be aware of.
Cmon now, who doesn't love an old man's hanging ball sack story! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 11:52 AM 07-01-2020
Last night woke up about 3 hours after I fell asleep with super acid reflux. Felt like I drank battery acid.

Happened 4 times during the night.

That's why many of us old folks can't eat before bed time.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:47 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Don't get busy "dying", get busy living.
:-):-):-):-)

Don't use it, you lose it ! Pure and simple !!:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:22 PM 07-01-2020
I was helping my dad with some yardwork and stepped into a damned groundhog hole. I felt a little pop in my right calf. I usually bounce back pretty quickly, but it lingered for about 3 weeks. The day it felt better, I was doing some photography work in Missouri City. I was taking pictures of the river and walking some railroad tracks when I felt that pop again. I limped for two more days thinking I tore something, then woke up and it was perfectly fine.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 09:00 PM 07-01-2020
I started taking Nugenix and I can't believe the results. She also likes it, too. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:15 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
I started taking Nugenix and I can't believe the results. She also likes it, too. :-)
Is this where you get her drunk and put on a Ted Nugent record? I did that in high school.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up