ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2511 of 3903
« First < 1511201124112461250125072508250925102511 251225132514251525212561261130113511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:13 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's almost like there weren't enough to go around and no one made claims of 100 percent immunity. It's harm and risk reduction, not a force field.
What do you mean. Wearing a Mets poncho wasn't adequate enough to stop the coronas???
[Reply]
TLO 05:24 PM 07-05-2020
Worldomoters looking good again today. (Yes it's a weekend and a holiday weekend at that)
[Reply]
petegz28 05:37 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Worldomoters looking good again today. (Yes it's a weekend and a holiday weekend at that)
Gonna be the same or just under last Sunday.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:28 PM 07-05-2020
Unrelated to covid but something I found interesting anyway. The last few hours I've been watching the documentary series Apocalypse:WWI on AHC.

Anyway, when poison chlorine gas started being used in the war none of the armies were prepared for troop protection. One of the first attempts by the French given to their troops consisted of cotton to shove up your nose, and a cloth pad that was to be placed over the face and tied around the back of the head. Before applying the mask troops were instructed to urinate on them with the thought it would help reduce the effects of the poison gas.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:30 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Unrelated to covid but something I found interesting anyway. The last few hours I've been watching the documentary series Apocalypse:WWI on AHC.

Anyway, when poison chlorine gas started being used in the war none of the armies were prepared for troop protection. One of the first attempts by the French given to their troops consisted of cotton to shove up your nose, and a cloth pad that was to be placed over the face and tied around the back of the head. Before applying the mask troops were instructed to urinate on them with the thought it would help reduce the effects of the poison gas.
So you not only want me to wear a mask, but piss on it first?

MUH FREEDUMS
[Reply]
Bowser 09:17 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:

[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:30 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
A new study suggests the number of coronavirus cases in the U.S. in March could have been 80 times greater and doubled nearly twice as fast than originally reported, amounting to more than 8.7 million coronavirus cases that went undiagnosed.

The report, led by researchers from Penn State University (PSU), analyzed surveillance data on influenza-like illnesses (ILI) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) xthat were never diagnosed as coronavirus, influenza or any other viruses over a three-week period in March, according to the study published in the journal Science Translational Medicine.
https://thehill.com/changing-america...-may-have-gone
Run those numbers and tell us the mortality rate. This whole thing is ridiculous.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:38 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
So you not only want me to wear a mask, but piss on it first?

MUH FREEDUMS
YOU GOD DAMN RIGHT MUH FREEDOMS

I mean seriously, piss on that idea.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:41 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
What do you mean. Wearing a Mets poncho wasn't adequate enough to stop the coronas???
The trash bags actually worked better.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:09 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Run those numbers and tell us the mortality rate. This whole thing is ridiculous.
Yeah, because ICUs regularly fill up for totally ridiculous things.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:56 PM 07-05-2020
I've got a bit of an ear ache. Should I hit the ICU just to be safe?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:09 PM 07-05-2020
Nah, just rinse it out with antifreeze and rub some dirt on it.
[Reply]
tk13 12:11 AM 07-06-2020
Bucks and now the Kings. NBA just needs to shut it down until everyone can get in the bubble and quarantine. If COVID leaks its way into that bubble their season is going to be a mess.

Source tells @TheAthletic the Kings have shut down their practice facility after receiving a positive coronavirus test within the team’s traveling party on Sunday. The facility is not expected to reopen before the team departs for Orlando on Wednesday.

— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) July 6, 2020

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:51 AM 07-06-2020
4 months spring break is over! My son finally returned to school today :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:27 AM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Yeah, because ICUs regularly fill up for totally ridiculous things.
ICUs in Houston were 27% Covid last I heard. Most of the hospitals were sitting half empty for the last few months and are getting filled with the "elective" procedures backlogged from people waiting to get in for other procedures delayed.

Hospitals are also creating new Covid hospitalizations by testing every patient now coming in for Covid. Did you wait on a knee surgery? Test positive for Covid and even with no symptoms you are now a Covid hospitalization. That's a great way to create a surge.
[Reply]
Page 2511 of 3903
« First < 1511201124112461250125072508250925102511 251225132514251525212561261130113511 > Last »
Up