ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 201 of 341
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205211251301 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
wazu 09:37 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My buddy got a 9mm carbine setup and wanted to bring it out to shoot it.

Man that’s a really nice setup. I got some rounds through it and it shoots really nice. It’s a nice lightweight easily maneuverable setup.

I’d really like to get one. I’m jealous.

Not criticizing I just don't understand. If you want a 9mm why would you not just buy a pistol? Seems more practical.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:00 PM 07-05-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Not criticizing I just don't understand. If you want a 9mm why would you not just buy a pistol? Seems more practical.
I have a 9mm Beretta pistol.

This isn’t that. It’s a super light and short AR. It won’t go out there 200 yards, but that is probably a better rig for me throwing in the pickup sprayer and killing varmints.

Also for a home defense weapon it’s probably better than my pistol because it’s easier to control and more accurate.

It would be a better platform for the wife. Smaller and easier to use.

Big thing though it was fun to shoot. I’m probably not going to drop the coin on one, but it was a nice little gun, but nothing at all like a pistol.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:28 AM 07-06-2020
Looks like a Scorpion.

I bet that bitch would ring your ears.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:58 AM 07-06-2020
I am going to take CC classes.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:37 AM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Choose your instructor wisely. It's not all that hard to get a training certification, and you really don't want your instructor to be some n00b who just belches out shit you could watch yourself on a YouTube video.

Pick somebody with serious, verifiable credentials - a cop or combat veteran. Somebody who's been there and done that, not just read about it. It may cost more and you may have to travel farther than you'd like, but the time and expense will be worth it.

When I had to recertify, I went to the local gunshop for the convenience. The instructor basically went through the state's required bullet points, but that was it. She offered nothing new or terribly useful. Zero insight into the serious issues someone who carries can run into. I also easily outshot her and everybody else there. That certainly wasn't the case with the guy I got my initial training from.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:51 AM 07-06-2020
With the shit going on in Minnesota this would be the least I would be doing. I would be considering moving out of that state.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:52 PM 07-06-2020
I would, but all my guns went down when the USS Bawan sank.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:07 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:

I "sort of" had the same mindset - then I watched this:

Changed my mind....
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:10 PM 07-06-2020
CVA Accura V2 Muzzleloader. Looking at getting one of these. Anyone else have a muzzleloader preference or experience with one of these?
[Reply]
srvy 07:19 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My buddy got a 9mm carbine setup and wanted to bring it out to shoot it.

Man that’s a really nice setup. I got some rounds through it and it shoots really nice. It’s a nice lightweight easily maneuverable setup.

I’d really like to get one. I’m jealous.

That would be fun on the jack bunnies.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:49 PM 07-06-2020
No guarantee I will even buy a pistol. But I was surprised than when shit went down here, my wife said she would be ok with it.

If I did get a pistol, it would have to be in a very secure place. Even when the kids leave the house.

One thing is for sure, if I shoot as bad as I swing a club or a bat, or drive a straight line-we are all in trouble.

Right handed, left eye dominant. Really dominant.
[Reply]
frozenchief 09:08 PM 07-06-2020
If you want to learn how to shoot, don’t just go to a CC class. Go to a school that will teach how to shoot.

I would recommend Front Sight:

https://www.frontsight.com/

I would also recommend Thunder Ranch:’

https://thunderranchinc.com/

Both of them will teach you how to shoot and shoot well. I’m figuring out when I’m headed to Front Sight for their 4 day defensive handgun course.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:15 PM 07-06-2020
No guarantee I will even buy a pistol. But I was surprised than when shit went down here, my wife said she would be ok with it.

If I did get a pistol, it would have to be in a very secure place. Even when the kids leave the house.

One thing is for sure, if I shoot as bad as I swing a club or a bat, or drive a straight line-we are all in trouble.

Buy a pistol you can mount a laser on. That will cut the need to aim, down the sights. If you can’t afford to get both at the same time, leave both eyes open. Within self defense range, you point and get the front sight post on target.

Try to practice lining the front post with the tip of your nose. Imagine a broom stick from your nose to the front sight post, everywhere your nose points so does the pistol.

Look into small bedside safes, that can be biometric open or pin code.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:16 PM 07-06-2020

How can you take a CC class without owning a pistol?
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:20 AM 07-07-2020

I’m also Right Handed left eye dominant.

I don’t pretend to be any kind of marksman. But the reason I’m not Isn't the eye. My target acquisition and sight/optic usage is good enough with a little practice. That aspect is far better than my weapon stability and trigger control.

I’m sure there are more qualified people than me to talk about it but it pretty much comes down to cocking your head to get the dominant eye down the sight or shutting the dominant eye to make the non-dominant one operate the sight.

Originally Posted by mac459:
Buy a pistol you can mount a laser on. That will cut the need to aim, down the sights. If you can’t afford to get both at the same time, leave both eyes open. Within self defense range, you point and get the front sight post on target.

Try to practice lining the front post with the tip of your nose. Imagine a broom stick from your nose to the front sight post, everywhere your nose points so does the pistol.

Look into small bedside safes, that can be biometric open or pin code.
Any advice on the biometric safe?
[Reply]
Page 201 of 341
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205211251301 > Last »
Up