ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 195 of 341
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199205245295 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
hometeam 07:24 AM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Hey all. Looking for a cheap ish compact ish gun. At reasonable pricing as ill be buying 3 of them. One for myself, my wife and my dad. I've been looking at the ruger security 9 compact. Anything similar that you guys have had solid experience with?
m&p compact.. ill never buy another ruger
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:28 AM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by hometeam:
m&p compact.. ill never buy another ruger
I've had several Rugers over the last 10 years and never had an issue with one. Theyre nothing special but for entry level price on most of their products i cant knock them.
[Reply]
Cheater5 07:43 AM 06-16-2020
Hey all. Looking for a cheap ish compact ish gun. At reasonable pricing as ill be buying 3 of them. One for myself, my wife and my dad. I've been looking at the ruger security 9 compact. Anything similar that you guys have had solid experience with?

The good news is there are quite a few options available to you that come with a ton of different features. I have my preferences, and could make a recommendation based on what I carry. However, that may not be right for you or your family.

Are you looking for a particular caliber? Barrel length limitations? Weight? Single Action / Double Action? Railed? Slide milled for a red dot?

Some good compact automatic firearms in 9mm are below (assuming you don't want a revolver):

Sig Sauer P365
CZ P10C
FN 503 or FN 509 Compact
M&P Shield
Glock 43

I'd probably not stray from that group above. If you don't mind carrying a little or longer larger frame or barrel, then of course the selection opens up a bit. I may, or may not own, or have owned, quite a few firearms, so if you have any further questions feel free. The bottom line is- you, your wife, and Dad need to handle a few of them and see what fills their hand the best. Best case, they rent a couple and put some rounds downrange. If not-- there are gobs of videos for all these guns and you can better form an opinion and make a selection.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:14 AM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
The good news is there are quite a few options available to you that come with a ton of different features. I have my preferences, and could make a recommendation based on what I carry. However, that may not be right for you or your family.

Are you looking for a particular caliber? Barrel length limitations? Weight? Single Action / Double Action? Railed? Slide milled for a red dot?

Some good compact automatic firearms in 9mm are below (assuming you don't want a revolver):

Sig Sauer P365
CZ P10C
FN 503 or FN 509 Compact
M&P Shield
Glock 43

I'd probably not stray from that group above. If you don't mind carrying a little or longer larger frame or barrel, then of course the selection opens up a bit. I may, or may not own, or have owned, quite a few firearms, so if you have any further questions feel free. The bottom line is- you, your wife, and Dad need to handle a few of them and see what fills their hand the best. Best case, they rent a couple and put some rounds downrange. If not-- there are gobs of videos for all these guns and you can better form an opinion and make a selection.

For what its' worth - I carry the Sig P365 daily and am very, VERY well satisfied with it..
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:19 AM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Cheater5:

Sig Sauer P365
CZ P10C
FN 503 or FN 509 Compact
M&P Shield
Glock 43

Thanks for the list. I dont mind something a little bigger. I usually keep mine in my truck, theres literally room for a ar pistol in my center console lol. For my wife i was looking for something smaller .380/9mm range.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:01 AM 06-16-2020
Most of it has already been said. My safe is full of Rugers; good guns/great company.

My personal preference right now is S&W M&P 2.0 line, so I'd recommend something like either the M&P9Compact 2.0, M&P Shield9 2.0, or the M&P Shield EZ9.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:48 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Yeah, I don't think Trump is the impetus for much. I remember the absolute hatred for Richard Nixon and little happened then.

No, I truly, with all my heart, believe that this is something that has been brewing for 50 or so years.
I wonder what happened about 50 years ago? :-)
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:11 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I wonder what happened about 50 years ago? :-)

Way before your time I guess.....but it was the 60s.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 01:32 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Most of it has already been said. My safe is full of Rugers; good guns/great company.

My personal preference right now is S&W M&P 2.0 line, so I'd recommend something like either the M&P9Compact 2.0, M&P Shield9 2.0, or the M&P Shield EZ9.
i had the m&p 2.0 compact for about a month and after shooting it a few sessions it just felt a little short in the grip. it shot great but didn’t like the grip. sold it and bought a walther ppq m2 and am in love
[Reply]
tatorhog 01:39 PM 06-16-2020
Thanks for the list. I dont mind something a little bigger. I usually keep mine in my truck, theres literally room for a ar pistol in my center console lol. For my wife i was looking for something smaller .380/9mm range.
If you don't mind a little bigger, I really like my Springfield XDm.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:46 PM 06-16-2020
It is simply shocking to see how little inventory Palmetto has right now. Wow, just wow. And I can't imagine why...
[Reply]
Frazod 01:49 PM 06-16-2020
For what its' worth - I carry the Sig P365 daily and am very, VERY well satisfied with it..
Same here. In fact, it's replaced my beloved CZ as my daily carry gun. Can't recommend it highly enough.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:10 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Same here. In fact, it's replaced my beloved CZ as my daily carry gun. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Took it with me when we went to Wyoming - just plinking a little on our land - and the one thing that stands out for me is the FUN of shooting it. It is a joy to shoot.

Carrying however, is the best part of it. I carry in my pocket and it looks like a cell phone with the DeSantis pocket holster. Simply outstanding!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:38 PM 06-16-2020
Man that Sig is Itty bitty. Half the size of my hand. Roughly 5 inches long and 3 inches tall. Hell to the no to a micro compact for me.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Frazod 04:57 PM 06-16-2020
Took it with me when we went to Wyoming - just plinking a little on our land - and the one thing that stands out for me is the FUN of shooting it. It is a joy to shoot.

Carrying however, is the best part of it. I carry in my pocket and it looks like a cell phone with the DeSantis pocket holster. Simply outstanding!
It's funny, the first time I shot it at the store where I bought it, I wasn't that impressed. I thought the trigger was a little stiff and figured I'd take it to my gunsmith to get it worked over. But then I took it to a private range where I could really run it, and it was like night and day - drawing from the holster and rapid firing it was great. No issues at all.

It's like the Sundance Kid - it's better when it moves. :-)
[Reply]
Page 195 of 341
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199205245295 > Last »
Up