ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 84
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:46 PM 02-24-2015
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
And was reading about the Black Knight Satellite. You'd think someone would have taken the satellite and seen what it's made of.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/0...ly-increasing/
Looks like an interesting website, that one has somehow escaped my attention.

Although truth be told, I dont dig into the subject as feverishly as I used to... there was a good ten year period after the internet came of age where scouring around for sites like that out became an obsession.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:58 PM 02-24-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Looks like an interesting website, that one has somehow escaped my attention.

Although truth be told, I dont dig into the subject as feverishly as I used to... there was a good ten year period after the internet came of age where scouring around for sites like that out became an obsession.
Yeah they have an app that I have on my iphone. It's updated a couple times a week. Pretty cool for CP downtime. Articles are usually well written, and have lot of dif subjects within the theme.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:08 PM 02-24-2015
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Yeah they have an app that I have on my iphone. It's updated a couple times a week. Pretty cool for CP downtime. Articles are usually well written, and have lot of dif subjects within the theme.
The only regular thing I've been looking at was a place called The Inquisitor that used to get several articles listed in the Yahoo scroll down, but they've been sidelined for the last month or so for some reason.

Only thing Yahoo shows on the subject now comes from Huff Post.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:10 PM 02-24-2015
Mysterious Universe is pretty popular. So is the Daily Grail.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:20 PM 02-24-2015
Daily Grail looks pretty serious, read an excerpt from Lachmans book on Crowley just to get started.

Gotta say though, there seems to be a slightly reverent tone for AC that throws me off about it... nonetheless, it looks like a serious place and I'll be looking at it.

But, carefully.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:38 PM 02-24-2015
I think the popularity is more about their news feed than their in-house blog stuff. It's a good place to see a collection of stories from all over the net. Micah Hanks' Gralian homepage does something similar, as well.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:50 PM 02-24-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I think the popularity is more about their news feed than their in-house blog stuff. It's a good place to see a collection of stories from all over the net. Micah Hanks' Gralian homepage does something similar, as well.

They're on the list, I now have two new places to peruse... thanks for the link.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:16 PM 02-24-2015
I am very much looking forward to the new Survivor Man Bigfoot episodes.

Originally Posted by :
so in going over our 'trail camera' footage for one of the Survivorman Bigfoot episodes we found something we didn't expect and can not explain - it will be in the show and I will leave it up to you to decide - its freaking all of us at Les Stroud Productions out....L
https://www.facebook.com/therealless...52776733031275
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:21 PM 02-24-2015
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I am very much looking forward to the new Survivor Man Bigfoot episodes.

https://www.facebook.com/therealless...52776733031275
Would love to see them, but have a bad feeling Discovery will push them off onto one of their other premium channels... doesnt matter, eventually the site I belong to will have it for free, probably right off the bat.

I'll be checking those shows out, there are too many qualified observers reporting strange things up there.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:17 AM 02-25-2015
I was wondering if anyone had read any of these books or heard of the phenomenon...

[Reply]
frankotank 11:20 AM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
So glad to know that theres another open minded explorer of life out there, and I dont doubt you one little bit... without trying to define them, I will atleast say that there most certainly are forces in our world far beyond our understanding that can have profound effects on us.

Do you think that ghost encounters are atleast partially human oriented, or are you from the other school that believe there are no human spirits left wandering this earth, that they are all the work of evil entities?

I'm honestly not sure where I land, but I admit to leanings towards non-human entities playing a game.
heres how I think of it. if there's an afterlife then.....
1- I SERIOUSLY doubt that we're gonna be stuck in our house. gimme a break.
2 - evil/bad/scary child ghosts. how in the hell is some little girl gonna die and then be an evil/bad or scary ghost. that's just the stupidest bullshit EVER! kids are so pure and innocent. no flipping way little sally goes rogue after she dies. just dumb.

IF ghosts/apparitions/whatevers are real....and I've seen some video (as we all have probably) that indicate that occasionally SOMETHING unexplainable really happens......if they are real.....I don't think they are human.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:39 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I was wondering if anyone had read any of these books or heard of the phenomenon...

Wow, wasnt aware that it was such a widespread problem that happens in clusters. I'll be looking into this much more in the future, very interesting... theres just no good reason for the park service to act that way about it.

Originally Posted by frankotank:
heres how I think of it. if there's an afterlife then.....
1- I SERIOUSLY doubt that we're gonna be stuck in our house. gimme a break.
2 - evil/bad/scary child ghosts. how in the hell is some little girl gonna die and then be an evil/bad or scary ghost. that's just the stupidest bullshit EVER! kids are so pure and innocent. no flipping way little sally goes rogue after she dies. just dumb.

IF ghosts/apparitions/whatevers are real....and I've seen some video (as we all have probably) that indicate that occasionally SOMETHING unexplainable really happens......if they are real.....I don't think they are human.
I agree 100%.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:10 PM 02-25-2015
Read David Paulides' book, Missing 411...

Cullen Finnerty's case is esp. interesting and one I'm diving into right now...
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:20 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Wow, Jeff Rense sighting. Haven't heard that guy in a decade or more.

Linked a couple of recent Paulides interviews about a month ago:
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Tim Binnall recently ended his latest season with Paulides: http://binnallofamerica.com/boaa103014.html

And Seriah Azkath had a two parter with him back in December on Where Did the Road Go?:

http://wheredidtheroadgo.com/show-ar...cember-15-2014

http://wheredidtheroadgo.com/show-ar...cember-20-2014

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:36 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Read David Paulides' book, Missing 411...

Cullen Finnerty's case is esp. interesting and one I'm diving into right now...
Read a very brief overview of the Finnerty thing in kegs post above, high strangeness... waddya got on it?
[Reply]
Page 34 of 84
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up