ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 95
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:59 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
American history courses
We literally lionize a guy who defied the Supreme Court, ruled like a king, and then ordered genocide of a marginalized population.

Weirdly he's loved by the "don't tread of me" crowd today.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:15 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
They probably held secret meetings I wasn't invited to because i'm a mutt. :-)
I figured someone would take issue with what I said so I went conservative, stopping at 1960 to be safe.

Would you really argue that from 1660-1960 what I said wasn't true?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:21 PM 06-07-2020
I want to be very clear because in today’s world you pretty much have to if you don’t want to be labeled a racist (and you still will be by morons like that idiot accusing me of saying shit I’m not).

I believe racism is an issue. I also believe police brutality is an issue. I just don’t think either are as prevalent as people would lead you to believe, especially with people 40 and under.
[Reply]
eDave 04:27 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I want to be very clear because in today’s world you pretty much have to if you don’t want to be labeled a racist (and you still will be by morons like that idiot accusing me of saying shit I’m not).

I believe racism is an issue. I also believe police brutality is an issue. I just don’t think either are as prevalent as people would lead you to believe, especially with people 40 and under.
Events unfolding on my TV indicate you are very wrong.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:30 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Why don’t you be a little bit more specific?

If you’re talking about the protest/riots, the majority of the racism I’ve seen is coming from the angry mobs (black and white mix) on whites/police.

Also, the media clearly wants you to believe this is the case, so it doesn’t surprise me that watching TV makes you feel that way.
[Reply]
eDave 04:32 PM 06-07-2020
Why don’t you be a little bit more specific?

If you’re talking about the protest/riots, the majority of the racism I’ve seen is coming from the angry mobs (black and white mix) on whites/police.

Also, the media clearly wants you to believe this is the case, so it doesn’t surprise me that watching TV makes you feel that way.
This is fucking stupid, man.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:33 PM 06-07-2020
This is fucking stupid, man.
Nah, you’re just an idiot incapable of backing up your claims.

I’ve seen white people and cops getting attacked (by whites too), not blacks. Show me evidence of the opposite.

And if you’re talking about everything that started all of this, I’ve already proven that the evidence doesn’t support the hyperbolic claims of protestors/rioters in the first place.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:37 PM 06-07-2020

If I misunderstood what the crux of your argument was, that’s largely because I didn’t think anyone would need to prove the point that not every single black person feels the same. So technically, if 8 black on the planet haven’t experienced racism, you would be right. Next you can spend time arguing that the sun rises in east and sets in the west or that the earth is round. :-)

But seriously, those sorts of “I know these people and they say different” entirely obscures the issue. We all know not EVERY black person has had the same experience.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:38 PM 06-07-2020
Who knew staylor could be such an asshole?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:39 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
If I misunderstood what the crux of your argument was, that’s largely because I didn’t think anyone would need to prove the point that not every single black person feels the same. So technically, if 8 black on the planet haven’t experienced racism, you would be right. Next you can spend time arguing that the sun rises in east and sets in the west or that the earth is round. :-)

But seriously, those sorts of “I know these people and they say different” entirely obscures the issue. We all know not EVERY black person has had the same experience.
My point is I think more do than you even realize.

They’re just scared to say it because they’re immediately called a coon, Uncle Tom, tap dancer etc.

It’s ugly stuff the way blacks treat blacks that don’t agree with them.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:44 PM 06-07-2020
My point is I think more do than you even realize.

They’re just scared to say it because they’re immediately called a coon, Uncle Tom, tap dancer etc.

It’s ugly stuff the way blacks treat blacks that don’t agree with them.
Who cares if, say, 80% haven’t directly experienced racism that they’re aware of? Are they aware that their schools are underfunded? That they didn’t get a job because they had a black-sounding name? That they didn’t get approved for a mortgage because their zip code has more blacks?

What is the acceptable amount of blacks who feel racism is a major issue?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:46 PM 06-07-2020
Who cares if, say, 80% haven’t directly experienced racism that they’re aware of? Are they aware that their schools are underfunded? That they didn’t get a job because they had a black-sounding name? That they didn’t get approved for a mortgage because their zip code has more blacks?

What is the acceptable amount of blacks who feel racism is a major issue?
Feelings aren’t proof of anything.

They also feel that they’re being hunted and killed by cops when it’s clearly not the case. They also feel that whites people are evil and racist yet they kill white people more often than the other way around.

A big part of the problem is that people like you act as if blacks aren’t often racist themselves. Racist people love to pretend to be victims as well (that’s how they justify it), and that goes for whites too.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:49 PM 06-07-2020
Feelings aren’t proof of anything.

They also feel that they’re being hunted and killed by cops when it’s clearly not the case. They also feel that whites people are evil and racist yet they kill white people more.
Totally agree that feelings don’t count. That’s why I’m still waiting for you to address those studies I posted earlier. Eagerly awaiting your thoughts! Thanks in advance, buddy.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:59 PM 06-07-2020
Totally agree that feelings don’t count. That’s why I’m still waiting for you to address those studies I posted earlier. Eagerly awaiting your thoughts! Thanks in advance, buddy.
And I’ve already told you that there are studies that suggest otherwise. That’s why I don’t put a lot of stock into either.

I won’t disagree that things are harder for black people, but that’s just the reality of being a minority. Nothing will ever change that. It doesn’t stop Asians from being successful as a group as well as many other blacks.

Also, blacks get profiled, arrested, etc. disproportionately but they also commit violent crimes disproportionately. When blacks are committing more crime, even if it’s more about class than anything, what do you expect police to do?

You know what’s a bigger problem than racism in the black community? The completely breakdown of the black family. It’s not even remotely close, but since that’s a touchy subject people would rather talk about race.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:06 PM 06-07-2020
I’ve seen pictures of both of you corny ass white dudes, so I know for damn sure you have no clue what you’re talking about because you wouldn’t even be able to relate to these people.

As a Cuban from South Florida, I’m just saying I’m pretty sure I know these people better than you guys do.

And yes a lot of them believe racism a big issue, but that’s mostly because they’ve been told that since they were children and when it comes to police a lot of them simply don’t know how to comply. It’s a confrontation the second they’re pulled over or approached because they’re taught the police are the enemy.
first of all, I'm a musician, studio engineer, live audio engineer, and producer. I've been the only white guy on stage many, many times. I played in a mixed race Afrobeat band. I've worked with most of the jazz musicians in KC (and there are a LOT, and many of them black). I've worked alongside many hip-hop artists, both in the studio, and live. And not just worked; my house which contains my studio has been a social hub for years and years. Where the party goes after the show. You know, the house that sits between TROOST AND PASEO. Off 39th Street. Do you know anything about Kansas City? How about we call this little exchange what it really is: ME talking about my personal experiences and observations and you talking about YOURS.

Oh, and my Dad was a 'Nam vet and musician too. He didn't just have a black friend, almost ALL of his friends were black. I grew up around black 'Nam vets and musicians. But I'm a 'corny ass white dude'.

Don't pretend you know me.

And second, why is it, do you think, that those black kids are taught from birth that the Police are the enemy? Do you think that's an accident? Some kind of fucking superstition? Or do you think MAYBE there's a reason for that?

I mean the mental gymnastics you're contorting through to try to force this argument is some Olympic level shit.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 95
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Up