ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 27
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>They are coming for the chop too
BigRedChief 06:16 PM 07-05-2020
The Kansas City Chiefs’ racist “Arrowhead Chop” has flown under the radar. Not anymore. The Kansas City Chiefs’ chant isn’t a tribute to people like me. It’s racist.

Rest of original post
Spoiler!

https://www.vox.com/first-person/202...fs-kansas-city

KC Star:
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...244153762.html

Kansas City Magazine:
https://www.kansascitymag.com/is-the...s-who-you-ask/

Twitter has its own hashtag
https://mobile.twitter.com/chopisracist

NY Times: Stop the Chop
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/29/s...hawk-chop.html
[Reply]
carcosa 01:04 PM 11-30-2022
The chop is embarrassing imho
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:48 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I work at a bunch of Indian Reservations and I can tell you that they’re much more worried about the women vanishing and drugs ravishing their communities than they are worried about football mascots, drums, and chops.
Yup. A perfect example of leftist virtue signaling for meaningless bullshit while ignoring the real problems facing whatever minority they are attempting to pander to so Karen will vote for them.
[Reply]
threebag 02:12 PM 11-30-2022
Just increase ticket prices and game day experience cost and the riffraff will stay home :-)

jk

I don’t know if I’ve done the chop much, more into drinking beers
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 06:17 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It wouldn't be the first time people have complained about Danner's social media advocacy to his employers. They don't care.

Re: the chop, I'd rather lose the chop now and keep the team name long-term than keep the chop and have to become the Kansas City [insert dumb new name here].
Not to beat a dead horse, but that’s the thing. With people like Jeremy in the world when you give an inch they take a mile. It’s never good enough nor is compromise acceptable to them. Therefore they should just get to pout and never be given a nibble of their virtue signal goals.
[Reply]
Otter 06:23 PM 11-30-2022
Good luck stopping 77,000 riled up fans from doing the chop.

GFY!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:25 PM 11-30-2022
I would be thrilled to trade the chop for the Gary Glitter post-TD celebration.

One is lame and the other was the most fun part of the Arrowhead experience.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:38 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Personally, I'm not offended by it. I think the organization's move away from culturally appropriated imagery is smart and shows forethought, and and may save the name long-term. Dumping the chop and the war drum would be continued steps along that path.

But if there are Native Americans who say the name is offensive to them, it's also not my place to tell them their opinion is wrong, IMO.
Yea, of course I also think the Chiefs is a dumb name and would rather it be changed. I do not find it offensive I just don't think its good overall even though I have grown up with it.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:39 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We do the chop at all our chapters on game day. Never heard of an instance of anyone complaining.
That sounds cringe as fuck.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:55 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Yea, of course I also think the Chiefs is a dumb name and would rather it be changed. I do not find it offensive I just don't think its good overall even though I have grown up with it.
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
That sounds cringe as ****.
Fat Farva doesn't like the Chiefs name or chop. I'm shocked.
[Reply]
philfree 07:02 PM 11-30-2022
I think since they(what ever two people it was.)started disparaging The Chop, The Chop became louder and more powerful. Go figure!
[Reply]
stevieray 07:03 PM 11-30-2022
Can you imagine Jim Thorpe promoting the NFL in full Headdress?

The horror.

The horror of it all.

:-)
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:04 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Otter:
Good luck stopping 77,000 riled up fans from doing the chop.

GFY!
This is correct and unfortunately, it's also the reason that they'll force the Chiefs to change their name. No matter when they do it, lots of us will be very angry about it. It will take time, but eventually people will get over whether they accept the new name or the angry people die off. I think a name change is inevitable.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:04 PM 11-30-2022
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:05 PM 11-30-2022
Oh, for fuck's sake.

Fuck 'em. It's a free country (kind of, still). You don't like the name or the chop, you're free to go be a fan of another team. There's 31 of them; good luck. There's no one or anything making any of you silly tards be a fan of the Chiefs, in case that little factoid escaped your tiny over-sensitive minds. Get a life, for pete's sake. Just do it somewhere else, please.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:08 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Oh, for ****'s sake.

**** 'em. It's a free country (kind of, still). You don't like the name or the chop, you're free to go be a fan of another team. There's 31 of them; good luck. There's no one or anything making any of you silly tards be a fan of the Chiefs, in case that little factoid escaped your tiny over-sensitive minds. Get a life, for pete's sake. Just do it somewhere else, please.
You are being over dramatic.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 27
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up