ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 26
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Week 3: Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:26 PM 09-15-2019
Chiefs open as 6 point favorites. Let's discuss below.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:59 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
They have played.....

the worst and probably close tied for bottom half worst team in the nfl
Weve played trash teams too.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:02 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
They lost 4 good starters in free agency and gave up about 350 through the air to Kyler. It may be a tough game but their d isn't as good, at least on paper.

The only thing I'm worried about is Cam Erving.

Oh yea, props on the AB prediction. Good call.
Yeah but Earl Thomas is playing like his old self.

I'm worried about Erving and the injuries to our RBs. Obviously I think we can beat them. Our defense cannot come out flat or play like they did for a few quarters in Jacksonville though. This is a playoff ball game it's time to show out.
[Reply]
arrwheader 11:07 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Not as trash as the dolphins and the cardinals they are suoer trash

Jags have a good D. Raiders division road game.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:21 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I thought the national narrative was Mahomes vs Mayfield was the new Brady vs Manning?
According to Collin Cowherd it's Mahomes vs Watson
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:45 AM 09-21-2019
Yeah but Earl Thomas is playing like his old self.

I'm worried about Erving and the injuries to our RBs. Obviously I think we can beat them. Our defense cannot come out flat or play like they did for a few quarters in Jacksonville though. This is a playoff ball game it's time to show out.
Statistically speaking our defense was meaningfully better at home last year than on the road. Obviously part of that has to do with crowd noise and the resultant better overall pass rush, but I'm pretty optimistic that our new D at home can hold its own.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:56 AM 09-21-2019
Imo we played a better defense in Jacksonville and IF our guys come out rolling things could get out of hand very quickly. Last year when we played them folks seem to forget that it was just the second game our offense played without Kareem. Watkins was also out, Morse and LDT were injured plus Devey left the game and then Tyreek got injured during the game. So our offense was completely banged up that day.

Jackson had 2 td's and ran 60 yards. They had Crabtree and John Brown as wideouts, the same TE's they have now and Gus Edwards and co in the backfield. Bar Ingram have they really got anything new?

Last year they pretty much faced Conley, Robinson , Kelce, Williams (who was only just getting started in this offense) and a banged up Tyreek. This year they'll be seeing Watkins, Robinson, Hardman, Kelce, Mccoy and Thompson. With Pat being much more experienced now.

Spags shut down Mike Vick twice In the past so it's gonna be interesting to see what he comes up with. I hope to see the D take another step forward this week.

I watched that Ravens/Cards game and Kyler and Fitz were having fun out there whilst the Ravens O were static for large periods. We'll see...i remain confident tbh.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:04 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Imo we played a better defense in Jacksonville and IF our guys come out rolling things could get out of hand very quickly. Last year when we played them folks seem to forget that it was just the second game our offense played without Kareem. Watkins was also out, Morse and LDT were injured plus Devey left the game and then Tyreek got injured during the game. So our offense was completely banged up that day.

Jackson had 2 td's and ran 60 yards. They had Crabtree and John Brown as wideouts, the same TE's they have now and Gus Edwards and co in the backfield. Bar Ingram have they really got anything new?

Last year they pretty much faced Conley, Robinson , Kelce, Williams (who was only just getting started in this offense) and a banged up Tyreek. This year they'll be seeing Watkins, Robinson, Hardman, Kelce, Mccoy and Thompson. With Pat being much more experienced now.

Spags shut down Mike Vick twice In the past so it's gonba be interesting to see what he comes up with. I hope to see the D take another step forward this week.

I watched that Ravens/Cards game and Kyler and Fitz were having fun out there whilst the Ravens O were static for large periods. We'll see...i remain confident tbh.
I think we win so I’m not disagreeing with you but I do think the Ravens offense is better than last year. Andrews is a much more developed player and Hollywood Brown is already the best WR they’ve had in years.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:33 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I think we win so I’m not disagreeing with you but I do think the Ravens offense is better than last year. Andrews is a much more developed player and Hollywood Brown is already the best WR they’ve had in years.
Their offense last year with Joe Flacco won the first game of the season against the Bills 43-3 and then scored 23 next game at Cinci. So we've seen this before. Imo the experience of John Brown and Crabtree is a much bigger threat than facing a rookie who has a bad foot and isn't able to practise all week. Lamar performed well last season, they controlled the clock and we were totally banged uo and we still won. People say "it went to over time" but fail to mention that Butker should have won the game at the death when he missed the field goal.

Last year when Tyreek got injured early they could double up Travis and not have to worry about deep balls. The run game was also weak with Ware getting injured and Williams not being in full flow. They will be seeing something totally different on Sunday because Watkins, Robinson and Kelce have all had big games whilst Mecole was electric at Oakland too. They have no idea what Thomoson is gonna do either.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:14 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Their offense last year with Joe Flacco won the first game of the season against the Bills 43-3 and then scored 23 next game at Cinci. So we've seen this before. Imo the experience of John Brown and Crabtree is a much bigger threat than facing a rookie who has a bad foot and isn't able to practise all week. Lamar performed well last season, they controlled the clock and we were totally banged uo and we still won. People say "it went to over time" but fail to mention that Butker should have won the game at the death when he missed the field goal.

Last year when Tyreek got injured early they could double up Travis and not have to worry about deep balls. The run game was also weak with Ware getting injured and Williams not being in full flow. They will be seeing something totally different on Sunday because Watkins, Robinson and Kelce have all had big games whilst Mecole was electric at Oakland too. They have no idea what Thomoson is gonna do either.
I am much more scared of Hollywood Brown.
[Reply]
synthesis2 07:15 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Dan Marino scored a 16 on the Wonderlic.

It's irrelevant.
one example, heck even throwing out several examples does not take away from the fact that the dude is slow to process and not a good leader.

There are certain things I wish I could keep in a vault and come back in a year to prove that this guy isn't what many think.

At the end of the day I think he is probably #1 in rushing in the NFL for QB's ( no shit) but passing probably #12-15 but decision making #25ish.

Just think he is going to be a JAG a year from now. two games have people really excited about him but I think of him more like a RGIII etc. Everyone can keep thinking the guy is great but I'll revisit a year from now and I think people will have a very different view of him.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:22 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I am much more scared of Hollywood Brown.
It's much easier facing one guy, then two experienced guys who know how to manipulate defenses and find holes imo. And as tough as Brown may be on Sunday, I'd much rather have a kid of equal talent in Hardman, PLUS Robinson and Watkins. See the difference?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:48 AM 09-21-2019
If The Ravens are going to try to throw deep, Clark's going to feast. The plan the first two weeks against The Chiefs was to get the ball out FAST, and it did neutralize the pass rush somewhat.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:07 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If The Ravens are going to try to throw deep, Clark's going to feast. The plan the first two weeks against The Chiefs was to get the ball out FAST, and it did neutralize the pass rush somewhat.
I wouldn't expect to see a ton of sacks. Clark is likely to have some containment responsibilities to keep Jackson from running wild.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:25 AM 09-21-2019
Teams that people on here predicted we would lose. :-)

Chiefs are not getting any respect this week- and they are playing their Home Opener. :-)
[Reply]
KurtCauley 09:28 AM 09-21-2019
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the weather?
[Reply]
Page 20 of 26
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up