ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 263 of 288
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:29 AM 12-27-2022
ron kopp's tweets are rather damning

mahomes kind of had a crappy day, especially by his standards

testament to his greatness that a crappy day is 3 TD and 0 turnovers :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:33 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
flat out missed wide open juju on his TD run

needs to hit that in the postseason

Another half second into that route and nobody is within 7 yards of Juju.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:34 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Yeah, looks like he just never looked that way. Maybe too much traffic going on over there? I'm sure it was brought up on film day.
Mahomes brought it up on postgame. Acknowledged he missed JJSS and didn't see him.

I personally think Mahomes wasn't seeing the field all that well and maybe the Seahawks rolled out coverages he wasn't anticipating. Reminded me of his late season performance against Atlanta a few years back (which should have absolutely been a loss). This time he mitigated the bad throws and seemed more apt to either run or do Alex check downs rather than try to force anything deep.

More damning to the WR's, imo. But clearly showed Mahomes had his B- game on against Seattle. The most concerning thing from all of it is Mahomes continuing to throw at the defenders feet. That's a bad habit that could result in disaster like his drift back habit did in 2020/early 2021.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:38 AM 12-27-2022
mahomes numbers were vastly inflated by three throws to kelce and pacheco

that was like half his yards

good to have these days though, get him sharp for the postseason
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:39 AM 12-27-2022

He missed Skyy for a walk in check-down TD.
[Reply]
Seanathon 12:42 AM 12-27-2022
just filthy

I was sitting in the corner in the direction of the Fox banner top right. Kelce had no visual on that ball until it was catch time. They must have known that if Kelce gets outside of his man that it’s coming his way. It was the craziest yet simple pass and catch I’ve ever seen. Like they see and hear each other telepathically.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:43 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He missed Skyy for a walk in check-down TD.
chiefs scored a TD anyway :-)

Would have been nice to see Mahomes give Skyy a chance to make a play here

OLB doesn't penetrate upfield to disrupt the throwing lane, nor does he have an angle to cut off Skyy towards the sideline. Once again, the space is opened up by a vertical pattern pic.twitter.com/qSvCI0YAbG

— Ron Kopp Jr. (@Ron_Kopp) December 27, 2022

[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:44 AM 12-27-2022
mahomes numbers were vastly inflated by three throws to kelce and pacheco

that was like half his yards

good to have these days though, get him sharp for the postseason
I think that's why he is so good, though. He is capable of those throws even on days where he's not seeing the field or gets flummoxed by whatever the D is doing for some reason.

When any QB of our past had an off day, a 15/29 day for 129 yards was just the sort of the ride we were in for. Those three throws just weren't happening.

Another encouraging thing, at least for me, was that in 2021 these days felt accompanied by 2 or so bad picks of him forcing it downfield. The Denver game is a recent example of this, actually. He flat out missed coverages in the second half and forced the ball into the windows anyway. Against SEA he was quick to throw the ball away, and as frustrating as it was to watch, the defense is boosted immensely when they weren't constantly besieged by short fields.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:01 AM 12-27-2022
that last throw to kelce was as good as the one he made in week one

When #Chiefs needed the dagger TD, they went to what they know best: sending Kelce on intermediate crossers

They gain 72 yards on 2 consecutive plays, both play-action set ups to get LBs out of position & uncomfortable

87 is a magnet to open, 2nd level throwing windows pic.twitter.com/rDKMdcg2Yn

— Ron Kopp Jr. (@Ron_Kopp) December 27, 2022

[Reply]
Buehler445 01:06 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Is it just me, or does he intentionally not tip off the defender that the ball is coming?
I heard somewhere I want to say it was Adams doing it. Just getting your hands up at the last minute so the defender can't respond.

I thought to myself I'm not sure I want my guys doing that (Travis would be the exception) they need to worry about CATCHING THE FUCKING BALL.

But I'm guessing it is something that is making the rounds in the receivers rooms.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:12 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think that's why he is so good, though. He is capable of those throws even on days where he's not seeing the field or gets flummoxed by whatever the D is doing for some reason.

When any QB of our past had an off day, a 15/29 day for 129 yards was just the sort of the ride we were in for. Those three throws just weren't happening.

Another encouraging thing, at least for me, was that in 2021 these days felt accompanied by 2 or so bad picks of him forcing it downfield. The Denver game is a recent example of this, actually. He flat out missed coverages in the second half and forced the ball into the windows anyway. Against SEA he was quick to throw the ball away, and as frustrating as it was to watch, the defense is boosted immensely when they weren't constantly besieged by short fields.
Definitely.

I'm all about him hammering the back in the flat until they loosen up the deeper shit because fuck you that's why.

Sidenote: It's good to see Travis beating guys with speed. Seemed like early it was all hook routes and shit smart players do. If we can eek out another year before he falls off athletically I'm here for it.

Sure winning and all that shit, but right now I'm just LOVING watching my guys be elite. I'm trying not to lose the perspective that Travis and Pat are just goddamned special and I can't get so wrapped up in Super Bowls (they're hard to get) that I don't appreciate the ride. Because this shit is FUN.

Throw in guys like Pacheco and McKinnon, Bolton, McDuffie, and Trey Smith annihilating bitches while he pulls, this shit is SO FUN.

I said it in the QB carousel thread, but it bears repeating. I thank God for Mahomes on every snap of football I watch, Chiefs or not.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:15 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I said it in the QB carousel thread, but it bears repeating. I thank God for Mahomes on every snap of football I watch, Chiefs or not.
Football used to be a distraction for a few hours on Sunday and then the occasional lulz during the week.

Now it's crack cocaine and I thank my dealer Patrick for that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:22 AM 12-27-2022
Football used to be a distraction for a few hours on Sunday and then the occasional lulz during the week.

Now it's crack cocaine and I thank my dealer Patrick for that.
:-)
Fair enough.
[Reply]
O.city 08:21 AM 12-27-2022
I didn’t really think he played that well Sunday watching it live.

Just didn’t seem comfortable in the pocket at any point
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:42 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I didn’t really think he played that well Sunday watching it live.

Just didn’t seem comfortable in the pocket at any point
I was there as well, and nobody in the whole freaking stadium was comfortable. It was absolute misery.
[Reply]
Page 263 of 288
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273 > Last »
Up