ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 324
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 07:22 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He’s been bitching since Ryan didn’t get hired.
I know, that's why I said it.
[Reply]
O.city 07:56 PM 01-28-2019
https://twitter.com/fo_scottkacsmar/...426433025?s=21

So this is interesting. Think it goes to show building a high priced defense just isn’t worth it anymore. You’ve gotta draft and have good young players on d
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:06 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://twitter.com/fo_scottkacsmar/...426433025?s=21

So this is interesting. Think it goes to show building a high priced defense just isn’t worth it anymore. You’ve gotta draft and have good young players on d
It's always been that way really. Get a QB, draft well around him, win.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:32 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It probably won’t happen bc we paid Hitchens a shit load of money already, but man would I be rock hard if we got Anthony Barr.

That guy is a goddamn stud. Perfect LB for a 4-3.
I hoping that Hitchens will revert to form under Spags and the 4-3. We need a good break on the LB front, and that would be a welcome one.

Originally Posted by O.city:
The Jags and the Vikings are kind of prime examples of why it's so damn hard to carry elite defenses from one year to the next. They get so fucking expensive. Usually it's based on depth why they get so good but guys just get expensive.
Especially if that is the root of your team. That's why having a Mahomes is such a luxury; you don't have to have Pro Bowlers at every position or elite depth either. All you have to do is be solid and disciplined, and mine/create your superstars where they come.

So many good options right now, so many possibilities. This was definitely the right move for the Chiefs and I'm VERY stoked about where we are headed defensively. I absolutely LOATHED the last 9 years of Chiefs defense, and the 3-4 that Scooter Peeholi foisted upon us. We're finally sweeping that shit out of the building once and for all.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:34 PM 01-28-2019
He’s been bitching since Ryan didn’t get hired.
No I’ve been bitching about switching to a 4-3 and explained multiple times why it was a bad idea.

Yes I wanted Rex Ryan, and I also preferred to stay 3-4 above all else.

So instead of a defensive rebuild we could have just had a defensive adjustment with some new pieces.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01-28-2019, 08:52 PM
This message has been deleted by Sweet Daddy Hate. Reason: Oops!
The Franchise 08:54 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
No I’ve been bitching about switching to a 4-3 and explained multiple times why it was a bad idea.

So instead of a defensive rebuild we could have just had a defensive adjustment with some new pieces.
And you’d have no money to do it with. You’d still need 2 safeties, 2 CBs, an ILB and at least a starting 3-4 end. Now go do all of that with roughly $10-$12 million in cap space.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:59 PM 01-28-2019
And you’d have no money to do it with. You’d still need 2 safeties, 2 CBs, an ILB and at least a starting 3-4 end. Now go do all of that with roughly $10-$12 million in cap space.
I’d have been ok with taking that chance. At least I’d know for sure we had a good to great pass rush.

Now to me it’s a question mark.

God berry’s contract is a ****ing disastrous
[Reply]
mcaj22 09:16 PM 01-28-2019
running it back in a 3-4 with Ford, Houston,Jones and then a bunch of scrubs around them that are complete liabilities all over the field is literally not an option. That's how everyone gets fired. Just insanity to do it again.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 09:20 PM 01-28-2019
Houston is going to have to restructure. You're not bringing him back on that cap number. No chance. He was a ghost in a lot of games and he's an injury liability to the 100th power.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:24 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

The average NFL team runs base defense about 35% of the time. Switching to a 4-3 is nearly inconsequential. You act like they suddenly have to completely rebuild the defense because of the scheme change - this defense needed that anyway. You're just flat out wrong about the change in base defense.

Sorry dude. You picked a bad argument and then compounded it by throwing a childish tantrum about things when they didn't go the way you wanted. On this board, that's a good way to get a lot of attention.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:26 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
running it back in a 3-4 with Ford, Houston,Jones and then a bunch of scrubs around them that are complete liabilities all over the field is literally not an option. That's how everyone gets fired. Just insanity to do it again.
And yet Bleeding Red can't figure out why people think he's crazy...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:30 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And yet Bleeding Red can't figure out why people think he's crazy...
I don't think he's crazy. I would dump all the big contracts and save all I could and get what I could out of FA. Then draft OL and Defense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:30 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I don't think he's crazy. I would dump all the big contracts and save all I could and get what I could out of FA. Then draft OL and Defense.
Continuing to run a 3-4 defense the way they do now is the definition of "crazy".
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:37 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Continuing to run a 3-4 defense the way they do now is the definition of "crazy".
I agree. We are going to the 4-3 and need new blood. We spent 2nds on Speak and Kpass. Get them on the field and spend money at LB and DB. Draft two OL and the rest on defense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:37 PM 01-28-2019
Red Dawg is backing you up. Not a good look.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 324
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up