ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 324
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:36 PM 01-28-2019
Ford has gotta go. One trick pony. Not and all around player for what he will cost. He lost the damn game. Mental idiot.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:36 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Instead of lining up offsides imagine he gets a sack-fumble on that play to win the game.

Rather than calling for his release, everyone on here would be clamoring to sign him long term.

What a difference one play can make.
Even with the decent year he had, there were always questions surrounding his long term viability... now with the move to a 43, it's a no brained that his time here is over

He has one strong suit and that's it, we need complete football players with great instincts, and he clearly is not that guy
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:52 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Even with the decent year he had, there were always questions surrounding his long term viability... now with the move to a 43, it's a no brained that his time here is over

He has one strong suit and that's it, we need complete football players with great instincts, and he clearly is not that guy
I don't know that's necessarily the case if we end up playing more of an over front. He doesn't have to be great against the run in that alignment, I don't think.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:53 PM 01-28-2019
The only two positives this season on the defense were (1) the pass rush and (2) playing time for Ward, Smith and Lucas. That's it.

Now people want to get rid of Ford and possibly get rid of Houston if he won't restructure. Good luck generating a pass rush next year.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:57 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
The only two positives this season on the defense were (1) the pass rush and (2) playing time for Ward, Smith and Lucas. That's it.

Now people want to get rid of Ford and possibly get rid of Houston if he won't restructure. Good luck generating a pass rush next year.
We need more than just a pass rush. They were useless againt Brady. Save the money, turn loos Speaks and Kpass. Sign a damn LB and a DB. Cut Dan's worthless ass and get a better Safety. Berry to.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:58 PM 01-28-2019

Welcome to hell
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:59 PM 01-28-2019

Spagnuolo's history suggests that we're going to bring in a lot of talent in the secondary. A good secondary can often help your pass rush. I'm open to keeping them though.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:00 PM 01-28-2019

Pass rush didn't matter at all vs NE.

I'd rather have 2 legit starters at LB and secondary than Dee Ford.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:06 PM 01-28-2019

$37.5M in cap space for Houston and Ford will limit the rest of the roster severely. They can’t let that happen.

They’ll still play with enough leads and have enough talent to rush the passer well without Ford IMO.

I’ve got my eyes on Shane Ray as a potential cheap and effective replacement.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:07 PM 01-28-2019
Question,

If our secondary is so bad why did we get so many sacks? Don’t you need time to get to QB?

Please stop using NE as a example of our rush being bad, that is not what it was. It’s a example of a coach being retarded....
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:08 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don't know that's necessarily the case if we end up playing more of an over front. He doesn't have to be great against the run in that alignment, I don't think.
If Spagnuolo envisions a role for him that fits what it will cost to keep him, fine

But my money says hard choices will be made as this conversion takes place... and Ford will be a casualty, just too many questions regarding where he fits in vs his cost
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:14 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Instead of lining up offsides imagine he gets a sack-fumble on that play to win the game.

Rather than calling for his release, everyone on here would be clamoring to sign him long term.

What a difference one play can make.
My thoughts on Ford have nothing at all to do with the AFCCG. The guy is an injury waiting to happen. I have been on the record all season that they should tag him and take what they can if they can get it.

NOTHING has changed at all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:15 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Welcome to hell
:-)

Yeah, being a few inches away from going to the Super Bowl is "hell". This place never disappoints.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:21 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Welcome to hell
You really think it's going to be just as bad? We have a better coordinator at the helm.

I'd be shocked if we weren't active in FA, perhaps adding 1 or 2 impact FA. We may lose Ford, but we'll be better behind the defensive LOS.

I'd be shocked if we weren't top 16 in ppg and top 20 in ypg

That would have been enough to win the sb this year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:21 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

Yeah, being a few inches away from going to the Super Bowl is "hell". This place never disappoints.
He’s been bitching since Ryan didn’t get hired.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 324
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Up