ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 324
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 05:00 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think Houston can atleast be competent in the 43 at DE. I think Ford is more boom or bust there.
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If they aren’t confident that he can be a legitimate 3 down player in that defense, there’s no way they can afford to pay Ford the projected $16.3M tag. Just can’t do it.

That’s enough money in 2019 space to sign 2 legit starters.
Yep, I agree.
[Reply]
O.city 05:01 PM 01-28-2019
If they aren’t confident that he can be a legitimate 3 down player in that defense, there’s no way they can afford to pay Ford the projected $16.3M tag. Just can’t do it.

That’s enough money in 2019 space to sign 2 legit starters.
Well, it depends.

The cap exploding and the amount of money some of these teams have are just gonna make it really damn hard for good teams that spend to sign them. We're gonna start seeing a lot of these guys sign with these shit teams that have piles of money.

So with that, it's gonna be hard to find a pass rusher on the market that you don't have to pay a shit load too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:03 PM 01-28-2019
If you keep Houston at his cap hit of $21 million and Ford at his franchise tag cost of $16 million......that means we'd have the #1 and #4 cap hits for 4-3 DEs next year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:07 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If you keep Houston at his cap hit of $21 million and Ford at his franchise tag cost of $16 million......that means we'd have the #1 and #4 cap hits for 4-3 DEs next year.
One of them HAS to go.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:14 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, it depends.

The cap exploding and the amount of money some of these teams have are just gonna make it really damn hard for good teams that spend to sign them. We're gonna start seeing a lot of these guys sign with these shit teams that have piles of money.

So with that, it's gonna be hard to find a pass rusher on the market that you don't have to pay a shit load too.
if I’m guessing, Veach would like to see the other big pass rushers (Lawrence, Clowney) get tagged. Get them off the market, and Ford will have legitimate trade interest. A bidding war could ensue between those teams that have ample cap room that you speak of.

Chiefs are in a solid spot if they want to go that route.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:19 PM 01-28-2019
if I’m guessing, Veach would like to see the other big pass rushers (Lawrence, Clowney) get tagged. Get them off the market, and Ford will have legitimate trade interest. A bidding war could ensue between those teams that have ample cap room that you speak of.

Chiefs are in a solid spot if they want to go that route.
Yep. Someone with a bunch of cap space will roll the dice on Ford.

Graham + Jaylon Ferguson looks like a pretty good RDE situation, and will be considerably cheaper and with a future than Ford's $16 tag.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:23 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yep. Someone with a bunch of cap space will roll the dice on Ford.

Graham + Jaylon Ferguson looks like a pretty good RDE situation, and will be considerably cheaper and with a future than Ford's $16 tag.
I’d bet that Cleveland GM would like to have him across from Garrett... he loves to spend too.

There will be a ton of teams interested. Chiefs should sell high I’d say. They aren’t keeping him long term anyways.

This isn’t like 2014 Houston, Von Miller, or Mack. Those guys you extend long term. They’re a force at all times.

But with Ford, they could potentially sell high on a guy that isn’t going to be worth the long term deal to begin with.
[Reply]
Hoover 05:29 PM 01-28-2019
I’d bet that Cleveland GM would like to have him across from Garrett... he loves to spend too.

There will be a ton of teams interested. Chiefs should sell high I’d say. They aren’t keeping him long term anyways.

This isn’t like 2014 Houston, Von Miller, or Mack. Those guys you extend long term. They’re a force at all times.

But with Ford, they could potentially sell high on a guy that isn’t going to be worth the long term deal to begin with.
Not only all of that, but this is happening at a time after teams have seen what an impact Mack made with the Bears. Not Ford is not Mack, who is, but teams are going to be looking to make big moves. I think the Packers, Browns, and other teams would love to make a deal and get a guy like Ford before the start of free agency. That would be allowed correct? Or would we need to wait?
[Reply]
New World Order 05:32 PM 01-28-2019
With a solid offseason, I'll be absolutely shocked if this defense isn't better than the one we had in 2017 when we were 15th in defensive ppg.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:17 PM 01-28-2019
If Joel Corry’s estimations are correct, and I assume they probably are since he’s a cap guy, we are sitting at around $26.5M in cap room before any moves are made. If they tag Ford, that’s instantly reduced to around $10.2M before even factoring in the draft class and extra space they’d like to have headed into the season.

Barring some pay cuts/restructures, a Ford tag isn’t even feasible.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:20 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
One of them HAS to go.
Well bye, Dee
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:24 PM 01-28-2019
Instead of lining up offsides imagine he gets a sack-fumble on that play to win the game.

Rather than calling for his release, everyone on here would be clamoring to sign him long term.

What a difference one play can make.
[Reply]
ILChief 06:27 PM 01-28-2019
If Joel Corry’s estimations are correct, and I assume they probably are since he’s a cap guy, we are sitting at around $26.5M in cap room before any moves are made. If they tag Ford, that’s instantly reduced to around $10.2M before even factoring in the draft class and extra space they’d like to have headed into the season.

Barring some pay cuts/restructures, a Ford tag isn’t even feasible.

It's basically Ford or Houston. Cutting Houston would free up essentially the exact number of a Ford franchise tag
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:27 PM 01-28-2019
You either get better or worse. Keeping the same guys makes us worse in my book. Cut the fat contracts and spend the money elsewhere. Ford too expensive. Houston too expensive and Berry to expensive. Cut them as you can and save what you can for other players.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:29 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
It's basically Ford or Houston. Cutting Houston would free up essentially the exact number of a Ford franchise tag
Yep... it is.

I think you keep Houston. Better all around player, and they can get something back for Ford potentially.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 324
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Up