ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 324
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 03:32 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Well god knows we need CB help in a major way
Yeah and i'm kind of tired of the shit piss slappys
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:32 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think I may rather keep Ford than Houston at this point too.
Cutting Houston basically covers Ford's franchise tag. Or are you talking about giving Ford a new deal?
[Reply]
O.city 03:34 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Cutting Houston basically covers Ford's franchise tag. Or are you talking about giving Ford a new deal?
No, just the tag.

I'd love to have both, but Houston is older and has had some injury issues. If he doesn't want to lower his number, just cut him and let him go elsewhere.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:35 PM 01-28-2019
No, just the tag.

I'd love to have both, but Houston is older and has had some injury issues. If he doesn't want to lower his number, just cut him and let him go elsewhere.
Ok....well that pretty much sets the defensive line as:

Speaks - Nnadi - Jones - Ford

I guess we could just draft a SLB and roll with him, Hitchens and DOD as our LB group.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:42 PM 01-28-2019
The Jags and the Vikings are kind of prime examples of why it's so damn hard to carry elite defenses from one year to the next. They get so ****ing expensive. Usually it's based on depth why they get so good but guys just get expensive.
Patriots always have good defenses with cheaper, newer players. Colts and Seahawks didn’t have a ton of good players but looked solid.

It’s all about coaching. Let’s hope Spags is that guy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:42 PM 01-28-2019
Ok....well that pretty much sets the defensive line as:

Speaks - Nnadi - Jones - Ford

I guess we could just draft a SLB and roll with him, Hitchens and DOD as our LB group.
guys...If Ford is our RDE playing 3 downs....we're gonna give up a 150 yds a game to the offense running left.

I don't know what you guys were watching all year, but this is a recipe for disaster.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:44 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
guys...If Ford is our RDE playing 3 downs....we're gonna give up a 150 yds a game to the offense running left.

I don't know what you guys were watching all year, but this is a recipe for disaster.
+1

Vastly prefer that line if it subs Houston for Ford.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:45 PM 01-28-2019
Honestly....I'm at the point where if Houston doesn't take a paycut....he can be gone. And Ford can get tagged and traded.

Grab a guy in FA and draft a guy. Do the same thing for SLB spot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:45 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

I hope Ford is playing somewhere else next year. We need the picks worse than we need him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:46 PM 01-28-2019
Honestly....I'm at the point where if Houston doesn't take a paycut....he can be gone. And Ford can get tagged and traded.

Grab a guy in FA and draft a guy. Do the same thing for SLB spot.
Yep.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:46 PM 01-28-2019
I think to survive in the modern NFL, you better be able to build a defense through the draft year in and year out. Maybe there are a couple of players that you try to hold on for their entire careers, but in most cases you need to avoid paying defensive players their second contracts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:48 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I think to survive in the modern NFL, you better be able to build a defense through the draft year in and year out. Maybe there are a couple of players that you try to hold on for their entire careers, but in most cases you need to avoid paying defensive players their second contracts.
You only sign guys that are still ascending to 2nd contracts - guys like Chris Jones need a contract.

That being said, I wouldn't sign anybody on defense to a 3rd contract, maybe ever.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:49 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Bingo. WWBBD?

(what would Bill Belichick do?)

He'd let them all walk, pick up some scrap heap stopgap guys and draft a bunch of guys. This is what you must do when you have a Superstar QB.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:49 PM 01-28-2019
The guys from Locked on Chiefs seem convinced that Ford is very likely a goner because in the 4-3 under he will be relied on to set the edge on the weak side every play, and he can’t be counted on to do so....

Tag and trade is the most appealing option probably.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:50 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The guys from Locked on Chiefs seem convinced that Ford is very likely a goner because in the 4-3 under he will be relied on to set the edge on the weak side every play, and he can’t be counted on to do so....

Tag and trade is the most appealing option probably.
Yep. I just think he has to go. Get the picks and move on.
[Reply]
Page 85 of 324
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Up