ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:17 PM 09-03-2017
I just picked up a new AreoGarden at an auction for half of list. I've been wanting one forever but was hoping the price would come don before I pulled the trigger. I can't wait for the fresh herbs
[Reply]
lewdog 05:26 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
I just picked up a new AreoGarden at an auction for half of list. I've been wanting one forever but was hoping the price would come don before I pulled the trigger. I can't wait for the fresh herbs
Let me know how that goes. Very interesting but I've never pulled the trigger based on price.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:26 PM 09-03-2017
That's interesting. Limited space? Curious, don't know much about them except what comes up on a search.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:28 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Let me know how that goes. Very interesting but I've never pulled the trigger based on price.
A buddy of mine has had one for about 3 years now. the only thing he's had trouble with are the chives. Basil and cilantro grow like weeds though
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:29 PM 09-03-2017
Oh yeah, almost forgot. I snacked on my own home grown grapes while watching Mahomes light it up Thursday night.

They are small this second year, but have that conchord taste, but with seeds you have to spit out. Very happy and they should be better next year.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:33 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
That's interesting. Limited space? Curious, don't know much about them except what comes up on a search.
It's basically a mini hydroponics system tha sits on your counter. You can order the pods and food online. It has a built in timer and tells you when to add water and food.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:36 PM 09-03-2017
Here is my setup

or not. won't let me upload from my phone
[Reply]
lewdog 05:42 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Oh yeah, almost forgot. I snacked on my own home grown grapes while watching Mahomes light it up Thursday night.

They are small this second year, but have that conchord taste, but with seeds you have to spit out. Very happy and they should be better next year.
Nice!

I had a 2 year old grapevine this year and the grapes were super delicious but small and not many made if past the birds. I have Thompson Flameless seedless, which I love. What do you have your vine trellising on?

I heard year 3 is great though!
[Reply]
lewdog 05:45 PM 09-03-2017
It's basically a mini hydroponics system tha sits on your counter. You can order the pods and food online. It has a built in timer and tells you when to add water and food.
I also think it's a no go for me based on our cat.

She eats ANY plant that's alive in our house. Bring in a rose from the yard.....leaves ripped off and barf found around the house.

Nice green house plant for the bathroom. Bark used as a scratching post and cat bite marks across all the leaves. Barf left around the house.

FUCKING WORTHLESS!!!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:49 PM 09-03-2017
I also think it's a no go for me based on our cat.

She eats ANY plant that's alive in our house. Bring in a rose from the yard.....leaves ripped off and barf found around the house.

Nice green house plant for the bathroom. Bark used as a scratching post and cat bite marks across all the leaves. Barf left around the house.

FUCKING WORTHLESS!!!
Grow some Thai basil, let the cat eat it then stirfry the little bastard. Problem solved :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:51 PM 09-03-2017
Not a bad year at all, but the same spot burnt out (because flights window reflection) and the same area under the deck tuned to mud (because the deck grew) so GloryDayz will be doing some serious flat work and not fighting mother nature any more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:55 PM 09-03-2017
Wow, that sounds cool for a lot of things that grow! looking forward to you being able to post your setup!

Nice!

I had a 2 year old grapevine this year and the grapes were super delicious but small and not many made if past the birds. I have Thompson Flameless seedless, which I love. What do you have your vine trellising on?

I heard year 3 is great though!
I have them in huge pots on the back deck. Last year the vines went crazy with no grapes and then I read up on how to do it. I cut them back and tied them 1/4 cable running along the lattice work. It turned out to be vines or grapes, I chose grapes. :-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:09 PM 09-03-2017
I had one for a few years before the pump failed. It was fun to watch the stuff grow. You'll have a good time.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:35 PM 09-03-2017

I've had one for more than a decade now. Got one of the originals for Christmas.

Parsley, thyme, and basil grow crazy good. The rosemary didn't do well at all. I've also had really good yield from their little pepper plants.

I just bought one of their seed starter kits to use for next year's outdoor garden.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:35 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I had one for a few years before the pump failed. It was fun to watch the stuff grow. You'll have a good time.

Pump replacements are like $12.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up