ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 72
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
staylor26 07:30 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
And Black men in America consistently get fewer - if any - second chances than white men. Both things can be true.
:-) :-)

Yea just look at Antonio Brown, Kareem Hunt, Josh Gordon, Tyreek Hill, Randy Gregory, Aldon Smith, etc.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:32 PM 01-14-2021
I don't think it's "because he's Black."

I think his Blackness has something to do with it, though. the owners are overwhelmingly white, and if you're about to hand a guy millions of dollars and put them in charge of your business, you want to feel like you connect with and understand the general you're promoting. Because they are white, they will - as we ALL do - gravitate towards those people who culturally speak the same language. It's not an insurmountable obstacle - there are plenty of instances that prove tis. But it IS an obstacle.

Add to it that Bienemy is whispered to have some college skeletons in his closet, and you have a problem. Additionally, I think we've seen that he can be very very direct in his communication, and it might be a trifecta of things that put off those who would hire him.

I think it's also clear that it is VERY rare to have a coach who is loved by players, ownership, and Media. Reid manages to do it, which is why we are so damn lucky.

Belichick is RESPECTED by players, but I don't hear a lot of guys wanting to "win one for Bill." He got them rings, and they love him for that. The players WANT to win for Bienemy. They love him. Kind of hard to please the brass and the grunts.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:33 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Yea just look at Antonio Brown, Kareem Hunt, Josh Gordon, Tyreek Hill, Randy Gregory, Aldon Smith, etc.
Boy howdy you really nailed me on that one. Yep. You should teach a civics class.

Dipshits like you are why we can't have actual conversations about this.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:34 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Boy howdy you really nailed me on that one. Yep. You should teach a civics class.
You are claiming that black men don’t get many “if any” second chances, and we’re more specifically talking about the NFL.

You couldn’t be more full of fucking shit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:35 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by patteeu:
You could be right. I hope someone hires Bienemy because I think Reid can replace him adequately and because it comes with a compensatory draft pick so it’s low risk/guaranteed reward for the Chiefs.
I know I'm right.

It's crucially important to get the QB right, which is why these young QB coaches are getting these jobs. But if your head coach is a locker room boob like Adam Gase, I don't care how good he is with QBs.

And while resume isn't everything, a resume as sparse and unimpressive as Zac Taylor's should be a HUGE red flag. Young guys can coach, sure, but then you better be showing some results along the way if you want the fast track to the top jobs.

Zac Taylor has nothing.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:37 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I know I'm right.

It's crucially important to get the QB right, which is why these young QB coaches are getting these jobs. But if your head coach is a locker room boob like Adam Gase, I don't care how good he is with QBs.

And while resume isn't everything, a resume as sparse and unimpressive as Zac Taylor's should be a HUGE red flag. Young guys can coach, sure, but then you better be showing some results along the way if you want the fast track to the top jobs.

Zac Taylor has nothing.
Look man, I get it, but it’s the same reason why teams draft shit QB prospects in the 1st when there’s a much better positional player on the board.
[Reply]
kevrunner 01-14-2021, 08:05 PM
This message has been deleted by kevrunner. Reason: Wasn’t necessarily a good example
kevrunner 08:33 PM 01-14-2021

Yeah, I agree with you 100%, even a number of black head coaches have gotten 2nd chances. Just off of memory I can think of Dennis Green, Herm Edwards, Hugh Jackson, Ray Rhodes, Lovie Smith and Jim Caldwell. These guys were all head coaches multiple times.
[Reply]
Pants 08:38 PM 01-14-2021
There's literally zero chance EB isn't getting hired as a HC because of his skin color.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:42 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm honestly not sure what it is, I think it could be but I'm not inside of the circle. I won't just out and out say it's because he's black because I don't know with 100% certainty, but the entire thing is weird.
Yes you can because there's other NFL coaches that are black.

Therefore he's not getting the job because of other reasons.

The whole because black thing is just rediculous.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:43 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The obvious answer is his past. This day and age you get scrutinized for your past behavior more than ever, and Bieniemy had a laundry list of things that'll get him raked across the proverbial coals on top of what's already been mentioned
It's sweet irony that the cancel culture the race baiters helped to create is also cancelling hiring of a black coach because of his past.

Funny isn't it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BossChief 08:46 PM 01-14-2021
I’m not buying all of the “teams want a QB coach as HC” narrative.

The best coaches in the NFL weren’t QB coaches.

Harbaugh was a ST coach
Tomlinson was a DC
Andy was only a QB coach fir 2 years
BB was a defensive coach
Rivera was a defensive guy
Sean Payton was a QB coach
McDermott was a defensive guy
Carroll was a defensive guy
Sean McVay wasn’t a QB coach

Granted...no RB coaches on that list.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:50 PM 01-14-2021
Almost half of the league has interviewed EB during the past few years and no one so far has been sold that he is qualified to be a HC.

The problem is EB... that’s the reality.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:04 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’m not buying all of the “teams want a QB coach as HC” narrative.

The best coaches in the NFL weren’t QB coaches.

Harbaugh was a ST coach
Tomlinson was a DC
Andy was only a QB coach fir 2 years
BB was a defensive coach
Rivera was a defensive guy
Sean Payton was a QB coach
McDermott was a defensive guy
Carroll was a defensive guy
Sean McVay wasn’t a QB coach

Granted...no RB coaches on that list.
We’re talking about a current trend and you choose to bring up coaches that were hired 10+ years ago? This makes no sense and you have clearly missed the point entirely.

McVay might not have ever been a QB coach, but he WAS a play caller with experience at OC and has always worked within the passing game. He clearly knows how to coach and work with QB’s either way. His hiring and success, along with Reid/Mahomes was the beginning or early stages of it really taking off. After 2018, that’s when it really started to become trendy.

I mean just look at the majority of recent HC hires.

Zach Taylor, Kliff Kingsbury, Kevin Stefanski, Matt Lafleur, Urban Meyer, Matt Rhule, Doug Pederson, Matt Nagy, Frank Reich, Kyle Shanahan, Adam Gase etc.

Now this year the hottest names are guys like Daboll, Brady, Smith, etc.

You have to be blind not to see the trend. It doesn’t mean everybody is looking for that guy, or only looking for that guy. It’s just the prototype of the modern NFL.

Kafka even seems just as, or more, likely to get a job than Bieniemy this year or next. Is it because he’s white or because he fits the new prototype?

It’s a passing league that is QB driven. This isn’t rocket science.

If you have a guy like Reid or McVay as your HC, you never have to worry about your offense falling apart because your OC gets a HC job. If you hire EB, you still need a guy with more experience in the passing game and working with QB’s. If that guy is any good, he’s gone in 2-3 years max. Then you’re back looking for another. You’re also more likely to be able to keep a DC around for a while than an OC.

It blows my mind how difficult this is for some of you to grasp. CP has always understood the importance of a QB, but somehow you don’t understand the importance of the guy coaching and developing them? Even after seeing what Reid has done for Mahomes?
[Reply]
mkp785 09:15 PM 01-14-2021
It’s only weird if you are incapable of looking at other potential reasons that actually make sense.

Like his failure as a college HC, the fact that he’s a glorified RB coach, multiple reports that he doesn’t interview well, etc...

But sure it’s simply because of the color of his skin in 2021. The NFL is obviously racist.
There you go letting those "fact" things get in the way of a good story.

After his playing career:

...Bieniemy returned to Colorado to complete his degree and was the running backs coach for the Buffaloes from 2001 to 2002 and was UCLA running back coach from 2003 to 2005, as well as the team's recruiting coordinator in 2005.

After a stint with the Vikings (when AP was destroying worlds)

....December 2, 2010, Bieniemy returned to Colorado as offensive coordinator under new head coach Jon Embree. In 2020, Bieniemy was offered the head coach position at Colorado but declined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Bieniemy?wprov=sfla1

EB has issues-like almost anyone but no worse than someone like Fat Patricia.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:15 PM 01-14-2021
Apparently EB just stares at a laminated piece of paper the entire game. Who knew?
[Reply]
Page 26 of 72
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up