ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 230
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
stumppy 12:22 PM 02-28-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Going classic Star Trek tonight.
Started yesterday. Think I'll watch all 3 seasons this week.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:12 PM 02-28-2015
While it certainly isnt new, I watched Dog Day Afternoon last night on TCM on demand... it really drove home just how sad Pacino has become, because he was absolutely incredible in this movie.

He was just masterful, what a great actor he once was... enjoyed every minute of this old classic.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:08 AM 03-01-2015
Watching Barney's Version now with the late Paul Giamatti and holy shit it's amazing. Literally everything in it is spellbinding.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:47 AM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
Watching Barney's Version now with the late Paul Giamatti and holy shit it's amazing. Literally everything in it is spellbinding.
You getting poor Paul mixed up with Phillip Seymour Hoffman? Because Paul is healthy hale and hearty.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:52 AM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
You getting poor Paul mixed up with Phillip Seymour Hoffman? Because Paul is healthy hale and hearty.
:-)

Yes, good call. Paul Giamatti is the bearded version.

Wonderful movie. Great performance. Heart rending when he
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:13 PM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
While it certainly isnt new, I watched Dog Day Afternoon last night on TCM on demand... it really drove home just how sad Pacino has become, because he was absolutely incredible in this movie.

He was just masterful, what a great actor he once was... enjoyed every minute of this old classic.
I love DDA, saw it in the theater when it was new and about 10 times on TV. What's so ironic is, Pacino's co-star John Cazale only made 5 movies before he died of cancer. The Godfather, The Conversation, The Godfather Part 2, Dog Day Afternoon and The Deer Hunter. For having such a short career he couldn't of picked 5 better movies. Sadly at the time of his death he was engaged to Meryl Streep and was sick throughout the making of The Deer Hunter. I thought it was so funny when they were watching the live broadcast on TV of the bank robbery/hostage situation and the announcer said the hold up men were gay. Cazale told Pacino to call the reporter back and let them know he wasn't gay.

[Reply]
PackerinMo 05:54 PM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
I bet Taylor Lautner is your hero...
I bet you wish your nose was a dick so you can fuck butts.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 07:28 PM 03-01-2015
saw Kingsman last night. Was going along pretty good until the church scene, then it lost it's way. Not that i have anything against gratuitous violence, I've seen and watch plenty, but the church scene and subsequent scenes of public violence were too much IMHO. There is nothing entertaining about watching innocent people slaughter one another, and the sins of the churchgoers didn't even call for it. It was disturbng that many in our showing laughed at the scenes, as if there was something hilarious about inncoent people murdering each other on a beach. Shame they went that route, and i'm shocked so many have such high praise for the movie becuase of it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:43 PM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
saw Kingsman last night. Was going along pretty good until the church scene, then it lost it's way. Not that i have anything against gratuitous violence, I've seen and watch plenty, but the church scene and subsequent scenes of public violence were too much IMHO. There is nothing entertaining about watching innocent people slaughter one another, and the sins of the churchgoers didn't even call for it. It was disturbng that many in our showing laughed at the scenes, as if there was something hilarious about inncoent people murdering each other on a beach. Shame they went that route, and i'm shocked so many have such high praise for the movie becuase of it.
lol, you love god

that scene was fucking hilarious
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 07:44 PM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I bet you wish your nose was a dick so you can fuck butts.
:-)
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:28 PM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
lol, you love god

that scene was fucking hilarious
no, actually I'm an atheist. I just don't see the entertainment in 79 people being graphically murdered in a span of less than 3 minutes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:38 PM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
no, actually I'm an atheist. I just don't see the entertainment in 79 people being graphically murdered in a span of less than 3 minutes.
sucks to be you

best scene of the movie
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:22 PM 03-01-2015
Yum.


[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:18 AM 03-02-2015
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. Very good. Also peace love and joy between Muslims, Christians and Atheists. :-)
[Reply]
Wildcat2005 10:27 PM 03-02-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
no, actually I'm an atheist. I just don't see the entertainment in 79 people being graphically murdered in a span of less than 3 minutes.
Then you must hate Tarantino movies

You were taking that movie too seriously if the violence bothered you
The over the top violence was on purpose to keep the movie light hearted
[Reply]
Page 105 of 230
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Up