ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The Draft Network mock sim
Al Bundy 01:14 PM 02-25-2019
http://www.thedraftnetwork.com
It was just released and is really good.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 03:29 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think Rapp is better in coverage that people give him credit for and despite his speed Savage isn't quite as good in coverage as he's made out to be.

I think Thornhill goes before our picks in the 2nd, that's my concern.
I feel like the draft network is currently broken, because I just put together this 3 round draft that I think would make everyone happy.

Nassir Adderley was gone to the Seahawks at 21, but Bush fell.

[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:09 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So my draft broke really weird and a bunch of defensive guys went way higher than I expected. To that end, I ended up with a pretty darn good offensive draft. I wasn't necessarily enthused with taking Montgomery in the 2nd but there wasn't a single decent LB, Edge, CB, or S left on the board when I got there (Mullen was the last one and Savage went 60 overall right before Mullen).

29. T.J. Hockenson, TE Iowa
61. Trayvon Mullen, CB Clemson
63. David Montgomery, RB Iowa State
92. Michael Deiter, OT Wisconsin
157. Brian Peavy, CB Iowa State
188. Khalil Hodge, LB Buffalo
194 Tyre Brady, WR Marshall
Mine, too.

29 T.J. Hockenson, TE Iowa
61 Julian Love, CB Notre Dame
63 Juan Thornhill, SVirginia
92 Justice Hil, RB Oklahoma State
167 Dontavius Russell, IDL Auburn
201 Tyre Brady, WR Marshall
214 Khalil Hodge, LB Buffalo
216 Dexter Williams, RB Notre Dame

Couldn't help drafting another D Williams to close it out lol'

If the draft actually fell this way, we better pray they spent ALL THE MONIES on defense in free agency.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:05 AM 03-07-2019

Amani Oruwariye

, CB
Penn State

Juan Thornhill

, S
Virginia

D'Andre Walker

, EDGE
Georgia

Darrell Henderson

, RB
Memphis

Stanley Morgan Jr.

, WR
Nebraska

Chris Slayton

, IDL
Syracuse

Dre Greenlaw

, LB
Arkansas

Alex Bars

, IOL
Notre Dame
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:44 AM 03-08-2019
I've run this thing and the fanspeak probably 20 times each.

If I go Safety at #29, either Abrams, Adderley, or Deionte Thompson is always there. in the second round either Jaylon Ferguson or Charles Omenihu plus a corner that's either Rock Ya-Sin, Mullen, or Oruwariye.

I think we realistically can get corner, safety, and DE help in this draft that should compete and play in year one in these first 3 picks no matter how it shakes out. If we get some combination of those guys in the first three, you can go TE, OL, maybe a slot guy, late RB competition and be in good shape.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:49 PM 03-08-2019
These simulators are so far off every year I hardly spend a moment playing with them much anymore. Completely unrealistic rankings. 2nd round guys getting taken in the 5th and 6th rounds.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:41 AM 03-09-2019
I feel like they have gone a bit bonkers since the combine. It's almost like people forgot about offense in their big boards a little before and then have done nothing but pump up O guys since the combine and now I am seeing loads of weird things.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:46 AM 03-09-2019
Just started one, and noticed Clelin Ferrell is listed as 31 on the big board. I have Baker, Ferrell and both Iowa tight ends available at 29. Gotta be Ferrell?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:20 PM 03-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Just started one, and noticed Clelin Ferrell is listed as 31 on the big board. I have Baker, Ferrell and both Iowa tight ends available at 29. Gotta be Ferrell?

Sure. He'd be a fine DE. Good size, good length.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:21 PM 03-09-2019
Ferrell has a fight with Allen as the #2 edge rusher in this class. Some have Bosa - Ferrell - Allen some have Bosa - Allen - Ferrell. You think he's gonna be there at 29? Not even fucking close. More likely he goes top 10.
[Reply]
Chargem 08:08 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Ferrell has a fight with Allen as the #2 edge rusher in this class. Some have Bosa - Ferrell - Allen some have Bosa - Allen - Ferrell. You think he's gonna be there at 29? Not even fucking close. More likely he goes top 10.
I was highlighting it as confirmation of your previous post that these sims are way off.

If Green Bay did a swap of firsts for Ford, I'd be very tempted by Ferrell at 12 if he was still on the board, I think I honestly like Ferguson at 30 better though if Ford goes to GB for the #30.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:55 AM 03-10-2019
he's never around when I've run any of these simulations. He always goes 10-15.

When I've run them, they usually look not out of line with all the mocks.

Of course, in April when this all goes down, some guys will drop for no reason, some teams will reach for a guy, and it will all look screwy. But I think it's useful for curiosity's sake to get an idea. I always use aggregate NFL boards to work from as I figure that's the best bet to be accurate.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:59 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
he's never around when I've run any of these simulations. He always goes 10-15.

When I've run them, they usually look not out of line with all the mocks.

Of course, in April when this all goes down, some guys will drop for no reason, some teams will reach for a guy, and it will all look screwy. But I think it's useful for curiosity's sake to get an idea. I always use aggregate NFL boards to work from as I figure that's the best bet to be accurate.
When I run the draft network sim, I am using "TDN's predictive board" (I don't really see any settings to adjust the board unless I am missing something) and Ferrell is ranked 31 on this board, he's there every time at the end of the first as the 6th edge guy behind Bosa, Allen, Sweat, Gary and Burns.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:45 PM 03-10-2019
I dig this draft:

Nasir Adderley

, S
Delaware

Julian Love

, CB
Notre Dame

Jaylon Ferguson

, EDGE
LA Tech

Vosean Joseph

, LB
Florida

Myles Gaskin

, RB
Washington

Hunter Renfrow

, WR
Clemson

Alex Bars

, IOL
Notre Dame

Armon Watts

, IDL
Arkansas
[Reply]
Joshuabmayer 11:51 AM 03-11-2019
This actually crossed off all the needs by the simulator.

Clelin Ferrell

, EDGE
Clemson

Amani Oruwariye
, CB
Penn State

Johnathan Abram
S
Mississippi State

Justin Layne
CB
Michigan State

Elijah Holyfield
RB
Georgia

Chris Slayton
IDL
Syracuse

Travis Fulgham
WR
Old Dominion

Deshaun Davis
LB
Auburn
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:57 AM 03-13-2019
Just ran another because the boy woke me up early this morning (by peeing through his nightime pull-up on me)

This is interesting.

1 - Fant (all the round 1 EDGE and CB and S we’re gone, went for biggest impact)
2a - Charles Omenihu (Love was available here, but big drop-off between Omenihu Nd other edge players. Like his versatility and explosiveness. Seems like a good fit for Spagnuolo’s scheme)
2B - Trayvon Mullen (best CB left)
3 - Daylon Mack (DT not really an intense need but am intrigued by his initial quickness and run stuffing ability)
5 - Bryce Love (I’m a fan of his HR hitting ability. If he can stay healthy, could be a major steal)
6a - Tyre Brady (scout’s talk about his quickness in and out of routes. Good size. Interesting WR for Reid’s scheme at discount price)
6b - Jalen Hurd (he’s a converted RB and great at RAC. Developmental guy who still is figuring out WR, but could really blossom with more reps at WR)

All in all, it’s lighter on defense than I’d like to see, but I don’t have the option to trade up in this, which prevented hitting some D targets in 3rd-5th.

Feel like this adds a starting-caliber CB and someone who can play major snaps at the LEO, as well as a DT who should be good in rotation and on stunts.

It’s an exciting Offensive draft. Fant is a difference maker and would make the Chiefs’ O more balanced and deadly. Other picks are late-round HR swings, but a healthy Love would be dynamite for Reid and offer another HR threat.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up