ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 38
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:18 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's a huge stretch to shit on a 2nd round LB who had no off season and write him off.
I'm personally not shitting on him. When the team is pinning their hopes at linebacker on an extremely raw rookie with no off-season, that's on the front office for doing fuck all to adequately address the position prior to this year.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:19 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
When is Khalen Saunders due back or is he gone for the year?
He's been a healthy scratch for a while now
[Reply]
staylor26 12:20 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'm personally not shitting on him. When the team is pinning their hopes at linebacker on an extremely raw rookie with no off-season, that's on the front office for doing fuck all to adequately address the position prior to this year.
Every. Team. Has. Holes. Moron.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:21 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
anyway.

The run defense was a bit better this time. Not great, but not bad. Coverage was a problem.

Hopefully getting Sneed back in the flow will help. It would be nice if Thornhill started being the guy he was late last season before the injury. Less Sorensen would be a good thing. Gay needs to develop so we can get Niemann out of there.

And maybe Baker can be useful at some point soon. There's talent there.
I'd say holding the Raiders to 3.6 ypc as a team is borderline great run defense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:21 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Every. Team. Has. Holes. Moron.
honestly, I think Sorensen is the biggest single liability.

That one play a game he makes does not make up for all the terrible tackling and complete inability to cover.

Niemann's pretty bad too, but damn.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:23 AM 11-23-2020
It only took one post for you to go right back to "they haven't done anything".

They have. Go look at the FA signings over the last 3 years.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:24 AM 11-23-2020
The defense isn't good. It isn't bad. It is what it is...

If we're fully healthy on offense though I think the d is still good enough for us to repeat.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:25 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
When is Khalen Saunders due back or is he gone for the year?
Think he's actually 'healthy.' But I think they've been keeping him as inactive for whatever reasons. Maybe so they can look at some other guys, or maybe they just feel like the best option is to keep him inactive for now so he can heal up a little more. Whatever their reasons are, it's not about him being too injured to play.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:25 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

The operative word there was "adequately".
[Reply]
staylor26 12:26 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

The goalpost has been moved to “yea but they still didn’t do anything because they’re relying on a raw rookie” even though they’re 9-1 and that rookie is getting several more games of experience before the playoffs.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:28 AM 11-23-2020
The operative word there was "adequately".
They won a SB with the group they had last year and added a very high upside guy. They’re 9-1.

Take your “operative word” and shove it up your gaping asshole.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:29 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The goalpost has been moved to “yea but they still didn’t do anything because they’re relying on a raw rookie” even though they’re 9-1 and that rookie is getting several more games of experience before the playoffs.
some people don't know how to express frustration without hyperbole.

It IS frustrating.

It's also a fact that it's a work in progress. There are young'uns being worked in. We're so good at so many things all over the place.

LB's still a problem.

And I still say Sorensen is the weakest link.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:35 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
some people don't know how to express frustration without hyperbole.

It IS frustrating.

It's also a fact that it's a work in progress. There are young'uns being worked in. We're so good at so many things all over the place.

LB's still a problem.

And I still say Sorensen is the weakest link.
This. And the defense stunk like this last season too but started getting their shit together around week 11. Hopefully the same thing happens this year.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:02 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
This. And the defense stunk like this last season too but started getting their shit together around week 11. Hopefully the same thing happens this year.
Thornhill is being eased in with limited reps. He’ll play more & more each week, barring any setbacks. Gay is getting more reps. Okafor will add depth in the rotation as he returns. Wharton is emerging. There is hope for this defense to get much better by the post season.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:07 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Thornhill is being eased in with limited reps. He’ll play more & more each week, barring any setbacks. Gay is getting more reps. Okafor will add depth in the rotation as he returns. Wharton is emerging. There is hope for this defense to get much better by the post season.
I don't know what's up with Thornhill because at the start of the season he was a starter playing most snaps. Did he get injured again and now they're working him back into the fold? If so I missed that. Because it seems like he's just playing less and less each week.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 38
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up