ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 111
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 07:04 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I'm good with the Dolphins too. I just threw out another possibility to the Dolphins that could work.
A first and a 2nd from the Dolphins call it a day. Be smart here Veach dont let one overpriced contract backfire on Mahomes just as he enters his prime.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:04 PM 03-21-2020
okay, as I'm looking at the first round, I see it like this:

Cinci will take Burrow, which I think is a mistake. In my opinion, he's Mitch Trubisky. Flame away, but I don't see a star. I see "oh, he's got the tools, he's NFL ready". We've all seen how that goes. If I'm Cinci, I take Tua. He's the only guy in this draft that looks like a franchise QB to me.

Washington would have to admit Haskins is shit. Too soon I think. I don't think they go QB two years in a row.

Detroit is committed to Stafford, and they should be. I think he's the best QB on the shittiest team. Drafting a QB does not help them.

Giants same as Washington. They just took a guy. Too soon. They need to build the roster.

So Tua should be there for Miami at 5.

I think they take Tua at 5, offer us #26 and a third, or something like that for Jones. They've still got 2 #2's and a full board.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:05 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Cinci will take Burrow, which I think is a mistake. In my opinion, he's Mitch Trubisky. Flame away, but I don't see a star. I see "oh, he's got the tools, he's NFL ready". We've all seen how that goes. If I'm Cinci, I take Tua. He's the only guy in this draft that looks like a franchise QB to me.

Washington would have to admit Haskins is shit. Too soon I think. I don't think they go QB two years in a row.

Detroit is committed to Stafford, and they should be. I think he's the best QB on the shittiest team. Drafting a QB does not help them.

Giants same as Washington. They just took a guy. Too soon. They need to build the roster.

I think they take Tua at 5, offer us #26 and a third, or something like that for Jones. They've still got 2 #2's and a full board.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
RunKC 07:07 PM 03-21-2020
If Terez reports it, I take is as fact. He’s said twice now that the Chiefs would like to keep Jones and are working to do so.

Even Chris Harris Jr said that, so he’s clearly heard from Veach.

It takes time to get these deals done. We all know that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:09 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If Terez reports it, I take is as fact. He’s said twice now that the Chiefs would like to keep Jones and are working to do so.

Even Chris Harris Jr said that, so he’s clearly heard from Veach.

It takes time to get these deals done. We all know that.
He's usually a good source.

One thing for certain, if they keep Jones, Watkins is gone.

honestly, I'd prefer to reshuffle the deck and be in better shape cap-wise when we have to take on Mahomes' new deal.

Jonesy's great, but $40 a year in half of your d-line is a lot of cash to tie up in two guys.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 07:10 PM 03-21-2020

If Washington, Detroit and NYG all stand pat though at least one if not more of them is trading back. The Chargers, Panthers, and Jaguars could all realistically try to jump the Dolphins if Tua is their guy. If the Dolphins are sold on Tua theyll have to invest some draft capital to ensure they get him.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:11 PM 03-21-2020

Mitch Trubisky? :-) great fucking insight Bucky Brooks
[Reply]
BossChief 07:14 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Hopefully they’re letting his agents negotiate with potential trade partners so he can really see what kind of contract is out there for him. Then they can decide if it’s enough to warrant leaving.
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Really hoping that Chris Jones is traded. As much as I loved the player on and off the field, it brushes me off the wrong way that he is playing hardball for that massive contract. I am all for paying him a nice 19M, maybe even 20M per season, he deserves it but if he is to play hardball and not accept anything less than 21M-22M I say no thanks.

There is countless examples of teams, including the Chiefs, handing out those massive contracts and coming out on the short end.

I'm a Chiefs fan first and foremost and I know that handing out any massive contract means saying goodbye to other players I would have liked to keep or putting the team in a bad position cap wise down the road.
Let me ask a real question...

Why should Chris sign a deal for less than Aaron Donald/Khalil Mack got? They signed those deals at age 27.

The only way I see that happening is if Chris and Brett agree to do a 3 year deal for the same overall AAV Clark got so he can hit FA again in his prime. That would be a hometown discount.

The deals for Mack/Donald that we’re signed for all of their prime years in the league...

Mack got 7 total years for 154m total at age 27.
Donald signed for 7 total years and 142m total at age 27.

Those were signed before the 2018 season when the cap was 177m and it’s since risen to 198.2m in 2020. That’s a 12% rise in the cap, so Jones could convincingly argue he is worth 12% more than either of those players.

That’s how agents determine a players calculated market value when hoping to set the market.

If Chris agrees to a deal for all of his prime years, that value should legit fall somewhere between

7 years for a total value of

7 years 159m
-
7years 172m
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:15 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
If Washington, Detroit and NYG all stand pat though at least one if not more of them is trading back. The Chargers, Panthers, and Jaguars could all realistically try to jump the Dolphins if Tua is their guy. If the Dolphins are sold on Tua theyll have to invest some draft capital to ensure they get him.
what do they have to jump with though? I mean without mortgaging their entire draft?

Don't get me wrong; I think Tua's floor is solid NFL starter. I think he's more than likely the equal of Watson. I think his ceiling is Russell Wilson. I like the kid. A LOT.

IF, IF, IF he's going to be healthy going forward.

Personally, if I didn't have an elite QB, I'd do whatever it took to draft one. I think you're spinning your wheels otherwise.

But that's not how most NFL GM's operate.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:17 PM 03-21-2020

That’s selling a unicorn for the price of just a good horse.

I’d be unhapppy if we gave away Jones for 26th overall and a third.

That deal better have next years 2 involved for it to sound even remotely reasonable.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 07:24 PM 03-21-2020
what do they have to jump with though? I mean without mortgaging their entire draft?

Don't get me wrong; I think Tua's floor is solid NFL starter. I think he's more than likely the equal of Watson. I think his ceiling is Russell Wilson. I like the kid. A LOT.

IF, IF, IF he's going to be healthy going forward.

Personally, if I didn't have an elite QB, I'd do whatever it took to draft one. I think you're spinning your wheels otherwise.

But that's not how most NFL GM's operate.
I mean it wont take a kings ransom for the Chargers to jump from 6 to 4 or 3 if Tua is still on the board. I dont know I'd be concerned if I was the Dolphins GM and considered Tua my franchise QB. To ensure you get him you probably need to jump to #2 to ensure it's a done deal.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:26 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That’s selling a unicorn for the price of just a good horse.

I’d be unhapppy if we gave away Jones for 26th overall and a third.

That deal better have next years 2 involved for it to sound even remotely reasonable.
First and a 3rd gives us 5 picks in the top 100, and 7 total picks in the first 5 rounds. Will it fill all of the holes? Probably not. But we have Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Watkins (?), Hardman, Fisher, Schwartz, Clark, Mathieu, Thornhill, Ward, Nandi, Saunders, and several others to hold the fort down until there is another draft next year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:27 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Mitch Trubisky? :-) great ****ing insight Bucky Brooks
come talk about it in a couple years.

I see a guy with the tools, playing on a loaded roster, in an NFL type offense.

Those guys are always coveted, and in recent years, not special at the NFL level.

You can laugh your ass off now, but let's see what he does, yeah?

Lots of guys with the tools flame out in the NFL.

I don't see 'it'. Some guys you see that at the college level, and while you can't quantify it exactly, you just see something more going on there. More than the sum of their physical ability.

Patrick was so unorthodox I wasn't sure it would translate, but he clearly had otherworldy arm talent and heart. Didn't know about the brain until he got here, and I think that's fair to say nobody really did.

I thought Brees had 'it'. I thought Wilson had 'it'.

I think Watson has it, and I think in this draft, Tua's got it.

I don't see anything in Burrows that makes me think he'll be special at the next level.

We'll see. Call it my hot take. I think he'll have a mediocre career.

I thought Manning did, and Leaf did not.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:28 PM 03-21-2020
I mean it wont take a kings ransom for the Chargers to jump from 6 to 4 or 3 if Tua is still on the board. I dont know I'd be concerned if I was the Dolphins GM and considered Tua my franchise QB. To ensure you get him you probably need to jump to #2 to ensure it's a done deal.
You could be right, and if so, wouldn't #18 get that done at most? a #2 at least?
[Reply]
Coogs 07:28 PM 03-21-2020
Dolphins trade up. Maybe that team becomes a player in the Jones scenario. Or the Jags
[Reply]
Page 63 of 111
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up