ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3635 of 3903
« First < 2635313535353585362536313632363336343635 3636363736383639364536853735 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 06:04 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Months ago, the CDC admitted there was “likely a substantial undercount of all SARS-CoV-2 infections among fully vaccinated persons.” This was because they didn’t include those who only had one shot or count those who had their second shot 5-10 days earlier. But instead of trying to determine the real number, they announced they were going to stop counting cases among the vaccinated unless they were hospitalized or died.

If the CDC knew that there was a serious underestimate of the real numbers, and now they’ve stopped counting and have no idea how many vaccinated people are infected, how can they say that it’s the unvaccinated who are spreading disease?
The definition of "vaccinated" is two weeks after the final shot. That's when the full benefit is realized, and that also eliminates the possibility that you were infected before you got the first shot since it takes 10 to 14 days to show up. So the people you described were not vaccinated people who got covid.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:40 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by dirThk digler:
There is several states that mandate health care workers get the flu shot. Also many hospitals mandate it as well.
That's not the same thing. That is due to the job
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:15 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The definition of "vaccinated" is two weeks after the final shot. That's when the full benefit is realized, and that also eliminates the possibility that you were infected before you got the first shot since it takes 10 to 14 days to show up. So the people you described were not vaccinated people who got covid.
Error on my part.

But it was still admitted by the CDC that there was a substantial undercount among the fully vaccinated. And then they stopped counting. Thus making it difficult to determine who is actually spreading it.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:43 AM 08-10-2021
Error on my part.

But it was still admitted by the CDC that there was a substantial undercount among the fully vaccinated. And then they stopped counting. Thus making it difficult to determine who is actually spreading it.
Vaccinated people with COVID seems to be less of an issue than unvaccinated people getting COVID since they seem to be getting less severe disease/death so even if they are spreading it , if it spread to other vaccinated people it is less of an problem I think even you can identify where the issue lies.
[Reply]
notorious 07:50 AM 08-10-2021
This is an odd one.....

All students riding buses must wear a mask, but as soon as they are off of it they can remove their mask.

I don't see how that is productive.
[Reply]
O.city 07:53 AM 08-10-2021
At this point, masking is just theater to make them feel like they're doing something.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:55 AM 08-10-2021
Seems inline with every other public transportation policy I've seen.
[Reply]
notorious 07:56 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
At this point, masking is just theater to make them feel like they're doing something.
I don't want to dive into the politics side, but the bus thing is a federal mandate.

The state and local county commissioners decide the rest.

It's mind-numbing.
[Reply]
burt 07:59 AM 08-10-2021
i like turtles......
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:02 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Vaccinated people with COVID seems to be less of an issue than unvaccinated people getting COVID since they seem to be getting less severe disease/death so even if they are spreading it , if it spread to other vaccinated people it is less of an problem I think even you can identify where the issue lies.
It also "seems" that only 6,000 or so have died after getting a vaccine, and yet a CDC whistleblower gave sworn testimony that 45,000 died within 3 days of their shot, and many more within 1-2 weeks.

There are plenty of ways to manipulate numbers to suit your agenda.
[Reply]
LTL 08:20 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Yes, that 1% makes a huge difference. Remember, ICUs are not large, so just a small influx of patients can overrun one. I'd say they range anywhere from 5 to 40 beds. When you hear that "ICUs are full", that doesn't mean everyone in town is sick, it means the ICU reached that smallish capacity.

The thing is that the ICUs are designed to always be somewhat near capacity (because it's incredibly expensive to have beds sitting empty). The forecasts for capacity were based on pre-covid days, so this is throwing a wrench into all of that forecasting. Previously, they'd just send overflow to the next nearest hospital, but they cant do that anymore because those ICUs are full too.

Now, the problem is where to put car crash victims or gunshot victims when the ICU is full of insulin-resistant fatties that could have taken a shot to stay out of that ICU.

In general, the problem doesn't effect a huge number of people, but when it's your turn and you accidentally chop your arm off with a band saw, you'll really be wishing those people took their shots.
Another issue from what I've seen first hand is staffing. ICU are generally. 2 pts to 1 nurse. So if you have a 70 bed ICU but only have enough nurses to take care of 50 of those beds the hospital will consider that full.

Nurses are leaving for different reasons. Some went to clinic settings or DRs office where they don't have to deal with COVID to the degree they do in the hospital. Others went to teach some retired if they could. Some have left to go travel as the money is insane. 3x the amount they would nornally make so they opted to cash in while they could. Its not this mass exodus but it's enough that it does effect how many pts a hospital can take.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:25 AM 08-10-2021
It also "seems" that only 6,000 or so have died after getting a vaccine, and yet a CDC whistleblower gave sworn testimony that 45,000 died within 3 days of their shot, and many more within 1-2 weeks.

There are plenty of ways to manipulate numbers to suit your agenda.
Why do you trust that guys numbers , he could be manipulating numbers to suit his agenda. Where did you get that 6000 number from ?

i still don't think you understand VAERS well well yet.

Between December 2020 and July 19th, 2021, VAERS received 6,207 reports of death (0.0018% of doses) among people who got a vaccine, but this does not mean the vaccine caused these deaths. Doctors and safety monitors carefully review the details of each case to see if it might be linked to the vaccine. There are three deaths that appear to be linked to blood clots that occurred after people got the J&J vaccine. Since we now know how to correctly treat people who develop these blood clots, future deaths related to this very rare side effect can be prevented.

After careful review of the additional data, doctors have decided that there is no evidence at all that the vaccines contributed to the other patient deaths. Nonetheless, the CDC and FDA will continue to investigate every single report of death (and other adverse events) reported to VAERS.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:27 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
This doesn't compute. It shows that for every 102k unvaccinated there are 417 deaths. This means that ~.4% of everyone that is unvaccinated will die. Currently about half the country is fully vaccinated leaving around 166 million people unvaccinated. If .4% of all unvaccinated are dying from this, that would be over 1.3M deaths which is over double the actual deaths from the beginning of the pandemic, most of those being when a vaccine wasn't available. What am I missing?
Yeah, fair point. I think the guy removed the vaccinated population from the number in the unvaccinated base, but he kept in all hospitalizations and deaths (including those from when vaccination wasn't an option). The more accurate comparison would be looking at the same time periods for both.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:40 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Yes, that 1% makes a huge difference. Remember, ICUs are not large, so just a small influx of patients can overrun one. I'd say they range anywhere from 5 to 40 beds. When you hear that "ICUs are full", that doesn't mean everyone in town is sick, it means the ICU reached that smallish capacity.

The thing is that the ICUs are designed to always be somewhat near capacity (because it's incredibly expensive to have beds sitting empty). The forecasts for capacity were based on pre-covid days, so this is throwing a wrench into all of that forecasting. Previously, they'd just send overflow to the next nearest hospital, but they cant do that anymore because those ICUs are full too.

Now, the problem is where to put car crash victims or gunshot victims when the ICU is full of insulin-resistant fatties that could have taken a shot to stay out of that ICU.

In general, the problem doesn't effect a huge number of people, but when it's your turn and you accidentally chop your arm off with a band saw, you'll really be wishing those people took their shots.
As someone with virtually every member of their immediate family in a healthcare profession:

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:41 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Why do you trust that guys numbers , he could be manipulating numbers to suit his agenda. Where did you get that 6000 number from ?

i still don't think you understand VAERS well well yet.

Between December 2020 and July 19th, 2021, VAERS received 6,207 reports of death (0.0018% of doses) among people who got a vaccine, but this does not mean the vaccine caused these deaths. Doctors and safety monitors carefully review the details of each case to see if it might be linked to the vaccine. There are three deaths that appear to be linked to blood clots that occurred after people got the J&J vaccine. Since we now know how to correctly treat people who develop these blood clots, future deaths related to this very rare side effect can be prevented.

After careful review of the additional data, doctors have decided that there is no evidence at all that the vaccines contributed to the other patient deaths. Nonetheless, the CDC and FDA will continue to investigate every single report of death (and other adverse events) reported to VAERS.
I said died after getting a vaccine, not necessarily from the vaccine. The point was that there is reason to believe that the official number could be way, way off.

That said, the data does show a clear correlation. Reactions occurred primarily in the first 1-2 weeks and reports dropped significantly after that. If there were no association, you'd see a flat curve of reactions over 4 or 6 weeks.
[Reply]
Page 3635 of 3903
« First < 2635313535353585362536313632363336343635 3636363736383639364536853735 > Last »
Up