ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 259 of 386
« First < 159209249255256257258259 260261262263269309359 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
temper11 03:14 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:16 PM 05-01-2019
I'm not sure why folks are getting so worked up. I liked the episode. I don't feel like I need to write a thousand words defending it. I didn't write it or act in it or shoot it or edit it, so there's no personal stake. It's not 'mine' and if you didn't like it, that's totally fine. I'm still gonna have enjoyed it both times I watched it, and no amount of explanation of why someone else didn't is gonna change that fact. And calling me stupid for liking something you didn't isn't going to get a response. Beyond maybe a 'fuck off' and a trip to the ignore list.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:23 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm not sure why folks are getting so worked up. I liked the episode. I don't feel like I need to write a thousand words defending it. I didn't write it or act in it or shoot it or edit it, so there's no personal stake. It's not 'mine' and if you didn't like it, that's totally fine. I'm still gonna have enjoyed it both times I watched it, and no amount of explanation of why someone else didn't is gonna change that fact. And calling me stupid for liking something you didn't isn't going to get a response. Beyond maybe a 'fuck off' and a trip to the ignore list.
I can say that, so far, it's the only episode that I've watched in my life that had me on the edge of my seat for the entire fucking episode. I had to take a minute after the episode just to fucking wind down.
[Reply]
Swanman 03:26 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Some of you just need to step back and relish in happiness of the fact that you were lucky enough to be alive during the time that the greatest television show in the history of mankind was on the air.
I am glad you enjoyed Deadwood as well.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:26 PM 05-01-2019
I'd still enjoy watching Mahomes and this offense even if Reid went out on FMLA and turned it over to whoever.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:30 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dany also seemed, if not surprised, at least unnerved by it.

I don't think the Dragons were supposed to be in play that early (Jon suggested as much as she took off) but when the Dothraki were being wiped out, she seemed compelled to try to salvage some of the mess that had been made.

Seemed like an 'everyone has a plan until they get hit' sort of moment. Dany was calm and collected on top of that hill and when her blood riders got massacred (perhaps recklessly and perhaps as a direct result of her absence), she made a rash decision.

I wouldn't say they're just savages though - they'll follow their leader. It's fair to ask if Dany leaving the field and putting them under Jorah was what set the whole snowball rolling...
I was going to make a post about the symmetry between Jon and Danys fuck it moments when they’re people were eating it. It was really powerful, at least in my mind that Jon tried to not get her to go. Really showed a lot of growth IMO. Throwaway line in a throwaway scene but it’s pretty powerful IMO.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:55 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I was going to make a post about the symmetry between Jon and Danys **** it moments when they’re people were eating it. It was really powerful, at least in my mind that Jon tried to not get her to go. Really showed a lot of growth IMO. Throwaway line in a throwaway scene but it’s pretty powerful IMO.
Also leaving Sam to die. Brutal moment - but it shows how much Jon has grown.

Saying Jon and Dany were worthless in this battle is the critique I have the most trouble with - they worked their asses off and their plan to isolate the Night King went perfectly. They weren't able to deliver the final blow, but it doesn't mean they were worthless.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:29 PM 05-01-2019
Do people realize if there weren’t these unrealistic “flaws” in the episode, you’d be complaining about how long and boring it was instead?
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:31 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I can say that, so far, it's the only episode that I've watched in my life that had me on the edge of my seat for the entire ****ing episode. I had to take a minute after the episode just to ****ing wind down.
Shit, I had to pause a couple times during the episode to calm down. They weren't kidding when they said it was survival horror. Couple of times I was like 'walking dead wishes it could do zombie horror this good.'
[Reply]
temper11 04:38 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Unfortunately, I have the same bad feeling. They have to wrap up the story in 3 episodes...one of which will obviously be a battle for the Throne.

Too many developed characters to properly give them enough screen time to resolve each scenario in a natural way. Not having any major characters die yet...has me worried it'll be all Disney and roses.

They need a full 10 episode season to conclude this properly...

It's also a bit anti-climactic, after just having this epic battle with a super-natural villain that can control the dead...to have another war episode with Cerise Lanister. I mean she's a wicked woman and all...but she's no Knight King.

I think they screwed up by not having them take the capital first, paint a picture of potential peace for the 7 kingdoms...then having an epic good vs. evil ending against the dead...who threaten to take it all away and have a dragon.

The major threat is already dead....
I don't think we are going to see another big battle. Smaller skirmishes - one on one (i.e. the mountain is going to have to go down to someone... the hound? Arya?) Euron's fleet will be roasted by the dragons... or something. But I don't anticipate a large battle. No soldiers left in the north for one, and 2... it would seem lame by comparison to ep3 to devote much time to another big battle.

The main threat has been taken out, the last three will be about tie-ing up loose ends. And I expect it to be glorious. :-)
[Reply]
temper11 04:42 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Maisie Williams on finding out she kills the Night King (as reported by Entertainment Weekly):

"I immediately thought that everybody would hate it; that Arya doesn't deserve it. The hardest thing is in any series is when you build up a villain that's so impossible to defeat and then you defeat them...it had to be intelligently done because otherwise people are like, "well, [the villain] couldn't have been that bad when some 100-pound girl comes in and stabs him.'"

Was totally fine with it. Just wish we'd seen how she slipped past the other wites. But if we had seen that, then the kill shot wouldn't have been a surprise. So again, I just remember it's a tv show and move on.
[Reply]
Fish 04:45 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by temper11:
Was totally fine with it. Just wish we'd seen how she slipped past the other wites. But if we had seen that, then the kill shot wouldn't have been a surprise. So again, I just remember it's a tv show and move on.

[Reply]
Buehler445 04:49 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Also leaving Sam to die. Brutal moment - but it shows how much Jon has grown.

Saying Jon and Dany were worthless in this battle is the critique I have the most trouble with - they worked their asses off and their plan to isolate the Night King went perfectly. They weren't able to deliver the final blow, but it doesn't mean they were worthless.
Oh man. I had forgotten that. Wow. That was a powerful moment. That’s damned quality filmmaking.
[Reply]
temper11 04:50 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
somebody already stated this in the thread but i didnt see the knights of the vale at all in that episode. I could have easily missed them but yeah to my knowledge they weren't there
yes... they were there. You see them before the start of the battle... very clearly with their shields. I remember thinking at the time, who is their leader now since little finger was killed right there in the hall they are now protecting.
[Reply]
temper11 04:54 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
My guess?

Episode 4 - Dealing with the aftermath of the Great War and planning the move/attack on Kings Landing.

Episode 5 - Attack on Kings Landing.

Episode 6 - Aftermath of Attack on Kings Landing. Who sits on the Iron Throne and then a brief look into the near future.
This.
[Reply]
Page 259 of 386
« First < 159209249255256257258259 260261262263269309359 > Last »
Up