ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 155 of 663
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165205255655 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
In58men 08:36 PM 04-22-2012
I think the winner out of Mark Hunt and Stefan Struve should fight Jones. Jones needs to move up if you ask me. A real fighter will challenge himself. I wouldn't want Jones to jump into HWs fighting Carwin, Cain or Overeem. Ease into a new weight divison.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:39 PM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
I think the winner out of Mark Hunt and Stefan Struve should fight Jones. Jones needs to move up if you ask me. A real fighter will challenge himself. I wouldn't want Jones to jump into HWs fighting Carwin, Cain or Overeem. Ease into a new weight divison.
The more exciting matchup would be for Silva to move up to LHW to fight Jones if he gets past Sonnen. That would sale a lot of PPV's.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 08:45 PM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The more exciting matchup would be for Silva to move up to LHW to fight Jones if he gets past Sonnen. That would sale a lot of PPV's.
This. That would be awesome.
[Reply]
In58men 08:50 PM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Without a doubt, I don't think Silva will make the transition though.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:50 PM 04-22-2012
MMA's not as exciting to me as it once was. Not as big a deal. I still like it, but not like I used to. Not sure why.
[Reply]
QuikSsurfer 08:51 PM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by Sorter:
You were shocked about Rory? I mean, they basically threw Mills to the wolves; Rory is a monster. Watch his fight with Condit or Nate Diaz. Word out of Tristar is that they think he's the future of WW.
I had never seen Rory fight - but I did see Mills KO Chris Cope.. Yeah, i was shocked to see the skinny dude beat the shit outta Mills. It was awesome though and I'll definitely keep my eye on the kid.
[Reply]
In58men 08:58 PM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
MMA's not as exciting to me as it once was. Not as big a deal. I still like it, but not like I used to. Not sure why.
I completely agree, that last PPV fight I watched was JDS vs Cain. In all honesty I use to order every single one. All Pride and UFC events. Dana ruined it for me, tired of his "This fight is going to be the best UFC fight ever" statements before every fight. It gets old. If he brought back Tito and Shamrock he'll say "this fight will be very very exciting" then both fighters are gassed after the 1st round. I know he's suppose to hype of fights, but you have to draw the line somewhere.
[Reply]
Sorter 09:21 PM 04-22-2012
Lol, so you ease him into one of the hardest hitting HWTs in Hunt? His ground game is non-existent tbf, but I doubt they put Jones up against a former K1 stud in his first HWT bout. Additional lol at the "Real fighter will challenge himself" quip. So, Jones staying at LHW makes him a fake fighter? :-)
[Reply]
Sorter 09:24 PM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk:
This. That would be awesome.
Anderson already said he wouldn't bump up to 205 to fight Jon. Jon also views Anderson as a mentor and doesn't seem interested in fighting him either. Additionally, if Jon takes Anderson down, it is over. There is literally nobody who can survive with Jon on top of them in MMA right now, especially at 205 with Roger moving down to 185.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:26 PM 04-22-2012
Anderson already said he wouldn't bump up to 205 to fight Jon. Jon also views Anderson as a mentor and doesn't seem interested in fighting him either. Additionally, if Jon takes Anderson down, it is over. There is literally nobody who can survive with Jon on top of them in MMA right now, especially at 205 with Roger moving down to 185.
Anderson has a nice gig, if I were him I wouldn't want any part of that.
[Reply]
Sorter 09:28 PM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer:
I had never seen Rory fight - but I did see Mills KO Chris Cope.. Yeah, i was shocked to see the skinny dude beat the shit outta Mills. It was awesome though and I'll definitely keep my eye on the kid.
You'll like watching him in the future. They're giving him guys like Che right now to build him up. Rory is right there IMO with Nick, Carlos, Ellenberger, and Kos. He'll probably get someone like Kos, Hendricks, Kampmann, or Paulo Thiago soon.

If you like Rory though, you should watch Erick Silva and Edson Barboza. Those two are going to be absolute monsters here in a year or two. They're bring both along slowly like Rory, but Edson will be facing some tough guys real soon. Already has a matchup with Dunham confirmed.
[Reply]
Sorter 09:29 PM 04-22-2012
I completely agree, that last PPV fight I watched was JDS vs Cain. In all honesty I use to order every single one. All Pride and UFC events. Dana ruined it for me, tired of his "This fight is going to be the best UFC fight ever" statements before every fight. It gets old. If he brought back Tito and Shamrock he'll say "this fight will be very very exciting" then both fighters are gassed after the 1st round. I know he's suppose to hype of fights, but you have to draw the line somewhere.
:-) JDS vs Cain was the first UFC fight on Fox lol. Nice try though.
[Reply]
Sorter 09:32 PM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
Depends on when you started watching. I loved having Pride and the UFC at the same time. For me, MMA is still just as exciting but it has evolved. Definitely not the same as it used to be. That's to be expected though with the expansion and popularity growth of the sport.
[Reply]
In58men 09:34 PM 04-22-2012
:-) JDS vs Cain was the first UFC fight on Fox lol. Nice try though.
See I can't even remember the fight lol.
[Reply]
Sorter 09:38 PM 04-22-2012
Huaha thats because it lasted all of 2 minutes.
[Reply]
Chief_in_Commander 04-22-2012, 10:15 PM
This message has been deleted by Chief_in_Commander.
Page 155 of 663
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165205255655 > Last »
Up