ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston Astros get hammered for cheating
siberian khatru 12:59 PM 01-13-2020

BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include:

*One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch.

*Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21.

*A fine of $5M.

Full story and more context with @EvanDrellich: https://t.co/djvKEYFiC7

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 13, 2020

No players were disciplined by Major League Baseball in the Astros' investigation. While Mets manager Carlos Beltran was part of it, he was a player at the time and thus was not suspended.

Discipline for Red Sox manager Alex Cora is coming. It is going to be harsh, per sources.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

Jim Crane just fired Jeff Luhnow and AJ Hinch.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
Jerm 03:10 PM 02-17-2020

Asked if MLB will check whether Jose Altuve has a tattoo, as claimed in the Astros' defense, Rob Manfred laughed like it wasn't a serious question and said, "You know, that one hasn't occurred to me." Really? It didn't occur to you to check the story? https://t.co/y6KAztZg5h

— Michael David Smith (@MichaelDavSmith) February 17, 2020

Don't worry though, MLB THOROUGHLY investigated this....

How is this clown still the commissioner?
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:22 PM 02-17-2020
Manfred is an absolute Joke and the players are starting to call him out! Dude is so out of touch with everything.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:30 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Why can't the pitcher and catcher "use technology"? Give them some ****ing microphones or something and let them pass signals back and forth to each other instead of regulating civil-war era hand jiving. Seems like an obvious solution.
That won't work so well with the batter standing right there listening to what the catcher is saying.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:54 PM 02-17-2020
Trout lit them up today to. The penaltys were way to light given the severity of the cheating.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:56 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
That won't work so well with the batter standing right there listening to what the catcher is saying.
Actually you could reverse it, have the pitcher do the talking (into his hat) and the catcher wave-off through the progression.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:03 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
Manfred is an absolute Joke and the players are starting to call him out! Dude is so out of touch with everything.
Is it Manfred? Or the owners?

Manfred ultimately works for the owners. I’d be surprised if anything he said or did was his own idea.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:14 PM 02-17-2020
Zachary K. Hubbard has a Gematria Effect channel on youTube and has claimed that MLB is scripted. He predicted the CHIEFS winning this years Super Bowl and past World Series Champions as well as NBA Champions. He thinks all these sports are contrived B.S. - Letters and Numbers. - A is 1, Z is 26 - Very interesting stuff. Not for everyone. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:53 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The Astro's owner "doesn't know" if stealing signs is advantageous. I mean, if it's not, why do it?
what a bunch of BS. Even the casual fan understands that if the hitter knows a fastball or a curveball is coming, that’s a big advantage.

And that unfinished/bad tattoo excuse. :-)

There are shirtless pics of him after the jersey incident. No tattoo. Everything on the internet lives forever. Just fess up for crisssakes.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:06 PM 02-17-2020
Right now, using nothing but public data. Using azure big data and machine learning analytics that’s available to every single person on the planet, I can tell you what is the key when a team changing signs. The MLB teams have way better software than the entry level stuff on Azure.

I can put a hearing aid in the canal of the ear from Costco. Won’t be able to see it on the broadcast or even if your the catcher or ump. Bluetooth will work up to 500 yards. Can buzz it or even talk into the hearing aid. That’s an over the counter solution.

Again MLB can afford nano tech that’s bluetooth capable. We are talking less than 1/2 the size of a fingernail clipping. Stick it anywhere. No bulge.

Your going to have to block the Bluetooth protocol to stop this approach. Which is not going to happen because fans want to use their phones at games.

Baseball is going to have to use the threat of a death penalty or its going to happen again. It’s just too easy to do these days.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:52 AM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Right now, using nothing but public data. Using azure big data and machine learning analytics that’s available to every single person on the planet, I can tell you what is the key when a team changing signs. The MLB teams have way better software than the entry level stuff on Azure.

I can put a hearing aid in the canal of the ear from Costco. Won’t be able to see it on the broadcast or even if your the catcher or ump. Bluetooth will work up to 500 yards. Can buzz it or even talk into the hearing aid. That’s an over the counter solution.

Again MLB can afford nano tech that’s bluetooth capable. We are talking less than 1/2 the size of a fingernail clipping. Stick it anywhere. No bulge.

Your going to have to block the Bluetooth protocol to stop this approach. Which is not going to happen because fans want to use their phones at games.

Baseball is going to have to use the threat of a death penalty or its going to happen again. It’s just too easy to do these days.
Yup I mean even look at the Astros...they went from the rudimentary garbage can system to using bluetooth buzzers in 2 years...

Makes you wonder what's next and how it'll keep progressing and if the league can even keep up with it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:02 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Yup I mean even look at the Astros...they went from the rudimentary garbage can system to using bluetooth buzzers in 2 years...

Makes you wonder what's next and how it'll keep progressing and if the league can even keep up with it.
If the steroid era taught us anything, it’s that the cheaters are waaayy ahead of the people trying to catch the cheaters.

Read Game of Shadows if you haven’t. That book discusses in great detail how they were able to create new substances to cheat drug tests. They were so far ahead of the testers.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 12:17 PM 02-18-2020
If the players want to make a statement against them, they should just refuse to play them in Houston until whatever they think penalty-wise was merited is done. Forfeit and give them a W, and talk to reporters about if they are going to cheat to get a win they can just skip the theatrics of the game and have the win. It wouldn't take long for some action to be taken when games aren't played over it, although I am guessing the forfeit team would end up being punished, it would get more focus on the problem than spouting off in interviews.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:24 PM 02-18-2020

Seems like a simple solution. Too bad the commissioner is a simple simpleton. If there's any plus out of this it's that Manfred has botched this so badly he might get shoved out.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:31 PM 02-18-2020
. Just fess up for crisssakes.
This.

Outside of murdering someone, people forgive everything if you just show remorse, regret and honestly.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:43 PM 02-18-2020
Anyone remember the time Manfred juiced the balls the year the Astros won the World Series?
[Reply]
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up