ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 149
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:53 PM 01-22-2020
Good for Salvy, that's exciting. I wouldn't want to return to Venezuela either.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:04 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Why do people want a downtown stadium? People want to get rid of everything that make Kauffman stadium what it is.
It's just in a great part of town and by local landmarks

[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:19 PM 01-23-2020
I'm just trying to imagine my reaction as a sulky 12 year old Royals fan if a time-traveler let me look at this picture..

A storied career and the book hasn't closed. ��#AlwaysRoyal pic.twitter.com/4mEiMfaRbH

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) January 23, 2020

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:25 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Gordon waived his 10/5 rights, so they can trade him if they want. Interesting they made that part of the deal. I'm kind of surprised he agreed to that, but he might not have had a choice.
Meh..he may get 1 last run for a few months. Nothing to lose.
[Reply]
Valiant 06:31 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
yeah, im not getting what the love for a potential downtown stadium is. especially when you have a fantastic jewel that they have right now. cam someone spell out to me why?
Because jd owns the land. With the city paying for most of the cost they can jack up the labor and make 300million extra in money. Those parking garages around it will be torn down or taken over for additional profit that can be charged on other events. They won't have to split with Independence with the new deal they reach. The new stadium will allow premium costs to business suites and see an increase in value immediately. They will also leverage mlb to get another all-star game.
This is already a done deal with the people talking about it that are.
Then we can talk about blight of the empty Kaufman to be torn down. Heard rumors of the chiefs to legends. Would be cheaper to build up around Truman sports complex.
[Reply]
Infidel Goat 06:31 PM 01-23-2020
Perhaps Gordon has simply told the Royals he will retire if we trade him.

Ideally, he'd be open to a trade if it helped the Royals and gave him a late-season run with a contender. We'll see...
[Reply]
Valiant 06:35 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Infidel Goat:
He said he was playing for the Royals or retiring.

He wasn't interested in the open market.
There was not outside of him being a bench player.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:38 PM 01-23-2020
To bad we are not a contender. Would love to see Nolan Arenado on this team because he wants out of Denver. Dude loves loves the game and is a major baller.:-)
[Reply]
warpaint* 06:46 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Infidel Goat:
Perhaps Gordon has simply told the Royals he will retire if we trade him.

Ideally, he'd be open to a trade if it helped the Royals and gave him a late-season run with a contender. We'll see...
Or the Royals were only interested in signing him if they had the flexibility to trade him later “possibly” when they’re out of it?

Maybe he really wants to play and two months somewhere else presumably in a pennant race is palatable whereas six aren’t.
[Reply]
warpaint* 06:47 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
To bad we are not a contender. Would love to see Nolan Arenado on this team because he wants out of Denver. Dude loves loves the game and is a major baller.:-)
Seems like he just signed that big extension too
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:15 PM 01-28-2020

Can confirm @Feinsand report that the Royals have signed Greg Holland to a Minor League deal with spring training invite.

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) January 29, 2020

[Reply]
Wilson8 09:57 PM 01-28-2020
MLB.com Jeffrey Flanagan - Greg Holland can earn $1.25 MM in making Royals Roster and another $1.125MM in incentives.
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:01 PM 01-28-2020
Royals are also supposed to be looking at signing some starting pitching. Not a lot left - Taijuan Walker, Danny Salazar, Matt Harvey and Aaron Sanchez are possibilities.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 10:15 PM 01-28-2020
Matt Harvey? Maybe we can give him his soul back....
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:27 PM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Royals are also supposed to be looking at signing some starting pitching. Not a lot left - Taijuan Walker, Danny Salazar, Matt Harvey and Aaron Sanchez are possibilities.
I was pissed the Royals didn't make a run at Alex Wood.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 149
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up