ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 28
« First < 152122232425 262728 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Black QB
Ubeja Vontell 12:04 AM 09-16-2019
Look at how things are going right now...

Highest paid....Russell Wilson
MVP....Patrick Mahomes
Number one draft pick...Kyler Murray
Leading Heisman candidate....Jalen Hurts

That ability to escape the pocket, extend plays, plant that...run? pass?...seed, is where things are heading. No backer ever has to worry about Eli, Rivers, Brady, Dalton, running the football. That can't be said about those mentioned above.

Lamar Jackson is what we see at Arizona(faster than Jackson), Oklahoma, Ohio State, and all over college/HS football nowadays, that mobile QB, a guy who can scoot 30 yards, extend plays.

The first black QB's were Willie Thrower, Marlon "Magician" Briscoe, James Harris, "Jefferson Street" Joe Gillum. (can't really count Fritz Pollard) but none of them made any impact.

It started with Doug Williams, Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham, they proved that yes blacks can play NFL QB.

My Top 10

1.Warren Moon....Oilers/Washington
2.Russell Wilson.....Seahawks/Wisconsin
3.Patrick Mahomes....Chiefs/Texas Tech
4.Donovan McNabb....Eagles/Syracuse
5.Steve McNair.....Titans/Alcorn
6.Randall Cunningham....Eagles/UNLV
7.Dak Prescott....Cowboys/Miss State
8.Cam Newton....Panthers/Auburn
9.Michael Vick...Falcons/Virginia Tech
10.Doug Williams...Buc's/Grambling

Today there are more black starting QB's than ever before.

Can't ignore....

DeShaun Watson
Kordell Steward
Daunte Culpepper
Jeff Blake
Rodney Peete
Vince Young
Colin Kaepernick
Lamar Jackson
Jacoby Bissett
Teddy Bridgewater
Tyrod Taylor
Andre Ware
Vince Evans
Akili Smith
Geno Smith
[Reply]
Monticore 01:13 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
And you might be ignoring the facts.
Without slavery and segregation a lot of the things you listed probably don’t exist , culture environment thing not a race thing fact
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:15 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Without slavery and segregation a lot of the things you listed probably don’t exist , culture environment thing not a race thing fact
Trust me, this is black....

Dude was out plowing his field when a white guy came out to him and asked if he could come back to the house he wanted to record him (Alan Lomax Library of Congress) So the great Mississippi Fred McDowell first recording where recorded right there on his front porch (same with Muddy Waters). Lomax recorded Lead Belly while at Angola Prison.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:19 PM 02-17-2020
Trust me, this is black....

Sounds like music to me
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:33 PM 02-17-2020
Sounds like music to me
But does it sound like this?

This isn't something totally different?

[Reply]
Monticore 01:51 PM 02-17-2020
But does it sound like this?

This isn't something totally different?

Do you think a black person in Sweden could have invented the blues? Or the culture (not race) in the us was what help create it?
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:58 PM 02-17-2020
We should start enslaving other races to see what kind of cool music they can come up with.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:08 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
We should start enslaving other races to see what kind of cool music they can come up with.

[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:09 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
You really don't get this do ya?

[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:26 PM 02-17-2020
Frank White: I have been in Lees Summit all but a few years since 1978. I’ve had three grand daughters graduate from LS West and one from LS North with two to go. My daughter in law and my granddaughter applied for teaching jobs in LS. Couldn’t get and interview.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:47 PM 02-17-2020
You really don't get this do ya?

I get it Americans have created tons of great music.
[Reply]
tooge 02:51 PM 02-17-2020
So you are telling me the fact blacks totally dominate....

running back
cornerback
basketball
100m
200m
400m
110 hurdles
long jump

....but aren't superior, really?

Dude, we have threads here about poop, farts, washing ass, so cool....let you out.
How bout hockey? How bout baseball? How bout swimming? Tennis anyone? Lacrosse? Soccer? pretty much any snow sport?
The sports blacks dominate are typically sports that don't cost much money to get into and play at a young age. Football is free anywhere you can find a place to run and throw that is mowed. Most city parks and schools have basketball goals. Baseball requires fields and expensive equipment, same with hockey. Swimming requires a pool and team fees. Many black athletes, not all, but many, come from economically disadvantaged homes. It makes sense that they will spend their childhood entering into sports that they are able to. There are plenty of super fast white guys. However if you have them playing baseball, soccer, swimming, tennis, hockey, etc. at a young age, they don't end up playing football or running track. Also, as to body types, some of that is sports dictated. Look at a sprinter, look at a swimmer, look at a marathoner, etc. They have to have a certain body type to excel in those sports. Not always, but more often than not. A 6'10" black dude is probably going to see more success on the basketball court as a youngster than he is at most other sports, as it gives him the biggest advantage. In other words, you can't compare athletes across sports. Was Wayne Gretzky a better or worse athlete than Russell Wilson? You can't compare them, so quit trying.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:52 PM 02-17-2020
I get it Americans have created tons of great music.
Check it out....

Wiki

Blues is a music genre[3] and musical form which was originated in the Deep South of the United States around the 1870s by African-Americans from roots in African musical traditions, African-American work songs, and spirituals. Blues incorporated spirituals, work songs, field hollers, shouts, chants, and rhymed simple narrative ballads.[2] The blues form, ubiquitous in jazz, rhythm and blues and rock and roll, is characterized by the call-and-response pattern, the blues scale and specific chord progressions, of which the twelve-bar blues is the most common. Blue notes (or "worried notes"), usually thirds, fifths or sevenths flattened in pitch are also an essential part of the sound. Blues shuffles or walking bass reinforce the trance-like rhythm and form a repetitive effect known as the groove.

Now, check into country music, give me the name of any black country singer prior to Charley Pride.

Soul, funk....black
Country, rockabilly....white

White reggae?
[Reply]
Monticore 03:37 PM 02-17-2020
Check it out....

Wiki

Blues is a music genre[3] and musical form which was originated in the Deep South of the United States around the 1870s by African-Americans from roots in African musical traditions, African-American work songs, and spirituals. Blues incorporated spirituals, work songs, field hollers, shouts, chants, and rhymed simple narrative ballads.[2] The blues form, ubiquitous in jazz, rhythm and blues and rock and roll, is characterized by the call-and-response pattern, the blues scale and specific chord progressions, of which the twelve-bar blues is the most common. Blue notes (or "worried notes"), usually thirds, fifths or sevenths flattened in pitch are also an essential part of the sound. Blues shuffles or walking bass reinforce the trance-like rhythm and form a repetitive effect known as the groove.

Now, check into country music, give me the name of any black country singer prior to Charley Pride.

Soul, funk....black
Country, rockabilly....white

White reggae?
Again that’s culture not race
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 03:46 PM 02-17-2020
Again that’s culture not race
So there is no music where it's race related, all music is about culture, right?
[Reply]
Monticore 04:48 PM 02-17-2020
So there is no music where it's race related, all music is about culture, right?

I am sure personal preference has a lot to do with it and what you are exposed to .

I am white and hate country , I like r and b and rap, I like Eminem too who knew white people .could rap.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 28
« First < 152122232425 262728 >
Up