ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone have an Air Fryer
Fat Elvis 11:12 PM 03-04-2019
If you have an Air Fryer, how do you like it, and do you have any goo recipes to share?
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:42 PM 03-05-2019
I just bought this used on Craigslist for $30. If it sucks and I don't like it, no big deal. I'll just put it back on CL and resell it.

https://www.amazon.com/NuWave-20631-...minipcstand-20
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:50 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I just bought this used on Craigslist for $30. If it sucks and I don't like it, no big deal. I'll just put it back on CL and resell it.

So long as it works, I nearly guarantee you'll love it. If it quits, it's probably not worth trying to fix. But that's increasingly true in the evolving disposable tech society. But unless someone cooked a bunch of nasty stuff in it making it permanently smelly somehow [never heard of it, but I assume it's possible], or unless the body of it is cracked, it's nearly foolproof and does it's job quickly and quietly.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:04 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:

Uncleaned
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:19 PM 03-05-2019
I'll inspect it and if it's messed up I'll kick her ass in the Quik Trip parking lot!
[Reply]
Stewie 02:27 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Both I and my parents have had the NuWave Flavorwave for YEARS and use them regularly.

I've had the Aldi version of this for a couple of years. Way more versatile than the air fryer. It was $39 and works great. Mine has an extender ring and will do a 14 lb. turkey.

I use it all the time. Great for chicken and fish. I do cottage fries and burgers at the same time, too (fries on top rack, burgers on bottom rack).
[Reply]
fan4ever 02:56 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I've had the Aldi version of this for a couple of years. Way more versatile than the air fryer. It was $39 and works great. Mine has an extender ring and will do a 14 lb. turkey.

I use it all the time. Great for chicken and fish. I do cottage fries and burgers at the same time, too (fries on top rack, burgers on bottom rack).
Do the fries cook crispy with all that hamburger moisture in there?
[Reply]
Shaid 03:16 PM 03-05-2019
Here's the one I have. Got it for $80 from Bed Bath and Beyond. They had a sale on it, plus they send you like 20% off coupons which I used to order it for store pickup online and then I also had another 20% off coupon for when you buy in store. They basically stacked both of those.

This thread inspired my lunch choice today - wings. Stuck em in frozen and hit the fried chicken setting - let them go until done and tossed them in sauce. Easy and good.

https://www.amazon.com/Family-Sized-...=mh0b-20&psc=1
[Reply]
Shaid 03:17 PM 03-05-2019
I did try burgers in mine, didn't like how they turned out, the nuwave may be better for that purpose.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:56 PM 03-05-2019
Since mine is a Nuwave fryer do I have to play Gary Numan while I use it??
[Reply]
Stewie 04:10 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
Do the fries cook crispy with all that hamburger moisture in there?

They do. Since they're on the top rack they're close to the halogen heating element and not really affected by what's below.

Note: Aldi only offers the turbo convection oven a couple times per year (spring/fall maybe) but it's a heck of a deal.
[Reply]
1claire 05:26 PM 03-05-2019
I do use air fryer to cook sweet potato tots, chicken wings, onion rings, and more. Food is not greasy that is why I like it.
[Reply]
fan4ever 07:11 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Stewie:
They do. Since they're on the top rack they're close to the halogen heating element and not really affected by what's below.
I thought perhaps with the air circulating that might be an issue; good to know.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:19 PM 03-05-2019
We bought an air fryer a few months ago and like it a lot although we use it mostly for side dishes.
[Reply]
Stewie 07:25 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I thought perhaps with the air circulating that might be an issue; good to know.

Just to be clear, these are cottage fries. They're not to be confused with anything deep fried. They are crunchy on the outside with creamy centers.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:10 AM 03-06-2019
I met up in Liberty with my Craig's List contact and picked up a Nuwave Pro for $30. It looks brand new. It was clean and came with all the original stuff. I made some steak fries in it last night. Turned out great and only took about 20 minutes. I think this is going to work out!
Attached: nuwave.jpeg (102.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up