ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 653 of 1209
« First < 153553603643649650651652653 6546556566576637037531153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:16 AM 10-15-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
And plenty of syrup!!!

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Wife actually prefers fake syrup to real. I don't even know how to respond.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:24 AM 10-15-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Ok it's not much but sure was tasty.

!/2 lean ground beef and 1/2 lean ground pork. minced onion, jalapeņo peppers. red bell pepper, garlic fresh ground pepper, and sea salt mixed together.

Pan sear until crust develops, flip and top with blue cheese. pull and let rest while toasting a thin bagel and top with fresh HG tomato.

Sounds like a spicy meatloaf sandwich you got there. Not a burger, sounds tasty. :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:25 AM 10-15-2017
Did a little more testing today. At higher temps, it's off more. At 350F it averages 357F. At 450F, it averages 438F. It was a bread recipe at 450F that caused me enough frustration to do this testing. Doing a loaf now with the oven set at 465F to see if that 15F difference makes much difference.

Also found it interesting that a giant 30-pound baking steel doesn't do much to level out the temp variation. Though I've never tested this temp without the steel. Maybe it does. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:45 AM 10-15-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Wife actually prefers fake syrup to real. I don't even know how to respond.
"Yes dear" seems to be the route of least resistance.
[Reply]
scho63 09:18 AM 10-15-2017
Last night made a pound of Barilla fettuccine with homemade meatballs and butcher bought Italian sweet sausage. Added a lot of torn fresh basil and freshly grated Pecorino Romano and Parmesan cheese.

Had a salad with raddichio and romaine, radishes, pepperdews, olive oil marinated artichokes, kalamata olives, and fontina cheese pieces.

Pepperidge Farms Garlic Bread done in the oven with extra garlic powder and oregano and butter.

Gabbiano Chianti to drink.....

Have lots of leftovers and it was so simple but tasted great!
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:25 AM 10-15-2017
Did a little more testing today. At higher temps, it's off more. At 350F it averages 357F. At 450F, it averages 438F. It was a bread recipe at 450F that caused me enough frustration to do this testing. Doing a loaf now with the oven set at 465F to see if that 15F difference makes much difference.

Also found it interesting that a giant 30-pound baking steel doesn't do much to level out the temp variation. Though I've never tested this temp without the steel. Maybe it does. :-)
You never said you used a baking plate...

Keep up the testing. I, for what it's worth, have you penciled in as "25% Mental" not 1/2.:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Did you ever call????
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:38 AM 10-15-2017
Those leftovers sound really tasty as I sit here drinking my smoothie made from Bosc pears, gold honeydew and sugar baby melons, a peach and orange and blended with OJ and beet juice.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:21 AM 10-15-2017
You never said you used a baking plate...

Keep up the testing. I, for what it's worth, have you penciled in as "25% Mental" not 1/2.:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Did you ever call????

I didn't in the 350 test. I did in the 450 because I was actually heating to bake some bread.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:48 AM 10-15-2017
I didn't in the 350 test. I did in the 450 because I was actually heating to bake some bread.
You just broke the first and most important rule of diagnostics:

Only change one variable at a time. You changed Temp and added a chunk of steel that the oven was not made with and asking it to maintain 450 degrees. If it is anywhere near the thermostat.... get it?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:06 AM 10-15-2017
You just broke the first and most important rule of diagnostics:

Only change one variable at a time. You changed Temp and added a chunk of steel that the oven was not made with and asking it to maintain 450 degrees. If it is anywhere near the thermostat.... get it?

I wasn't really intending to test this morning. I know how to isolate and test. I understand it's not an apples to apples test, as I basically said in the initial post this morning. Primary purpose this morning was baking bread. I decided to throw the Chef Alarm in and see how close it was anyway.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:16 AM 10-15-2017
No pics. Did some baked lemon cod for lunch. Was a little strong on the lemon, but overall pretty tasty. Picked up some nice sea bass and salmon at Whole Foods yesterday. Don't think I've ever cooked sea bass, so that'll be interesting.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:50 PM 10-15-2017
:-) Southwestern Chowder?

Sorry for poor quality pic. Flash kinda ruined it..

Diced sweet onions,garlic, diced jalapeņo sausage (brats), diced red bell peppers, diced Jalapeņo pepper, 1/4 of a ghost pepper smashed with salt,and celery hearts sauted with butter until tender. Added fresh ground pepper and sea salt

grilled jalapeņo brat slices (pork and beef) from local butcher

1 container of Panera corn and shrimp chowder, I had 2 containers and the first one sucked ass by itself. Had shrimp taste but shrimp were almost non existent, yet it was overly generous with potatoes which were not listed except in ingredients list.

Added chowder to the mixture and let simmer for 15 minutes and served with crusty bread.

It was really tasty, with enough heat to let you enjoy the flavors but leave a little burn in the back of your mouth. I will make again with orzo pasta and make it more like a jambalaya.

Attached: chowder.jpg (60.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Pablo 12:59 PM 10-15-2017
Making a crockpot meatball/tortellini soup today. We'll see how it turns out. Some onion, celery, carrot, beef stock, spices and some nice meatballs. I'll drop in some cheese tortellini, spinach and heavy cream about 30 mins before I serve. Wife found the recipe/made the suggestion, and I wasn't exactly keen on it.

Just ate about a pound of rotel for lunch and am getting into some Tank 7's before the game, so we'll see how hungry I am later.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:20 PM 10-15-2017
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Making a crockpot meatball/tortellini soup today. We'll see how it turns out. Some onion, celery, carrot, beef stock, spices and some nice meatballs. I'll drop in some cheese tortellini, spinach and heavy cream about 30 mins before I serve. Wife found the recipe/made the suggestion, and I wasn't exactly keen on it.

Just ate about a pound of rotel for lunch and am getting into some Tank 7's before the game, so we'll see how hungry I am later.
doesn't sound bad to me.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:11 PM 10-15-2017
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
doesn't sound bad to me.
Nah, the broth tastes pretty good and it smells nice so I'm guessing it will be tasty, but just kinda threw me off with the recipe list.

It has cannelini beans in there too, forgot that in the first post. So beans, meatballs and tortellini with everything else. Top with parmesan apparently as well.
[Reply]
Page 653 of 1209
« First < 153553603643649650651652653 6546556566576637037531153 > Last »
Up