ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2361 of 2693
« First < 1361186122612311235123572358235923602361 2362236323642365237124112461 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
irafreak 02:59 PM 12-19-2022
We've all seen mahomes time and again take over a game. He can do it in the playoffs too. Anything can happen in single elimination. Bengals, bills, eagles, chiefs eem to be the class of the nfl right now. All have flaws. We'll see what happens.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:06 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
We've all seen mahomes time and again take over a game. He can do it in the playoffs too. Anything can happen in single elimination. Bengals, bills, eagles, chiefs eem to be the class of the nfl right now. All have flaws. We'll see what happens.
Precisely my point.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:07 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Good thing what you think has absolutely no bearing on what will happen.
Yep, I hope they prove me wrong!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:12 PM 12-19-2022
Man, fuck the bullshit. Just give me the Mahomes who showed up from about the 2nd quarter of the Steelers game in the Wild Card, through the Bills game in the Divisional, to about :30 left in the 2nd quarter of the Championship game against the Bengals.

If that Patrick shows up, I like our chances against anyone.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:40 AM 12-20-2022

The #Chiefs led in #NFL in:

PPG -- 29.6
YPG -- 429.4
Yards Per Play -- 6.5
3rd Down Conversion Rate -- 51.22%

Last team to accomplish this feat was the 2001 St. Louis #Rams -- The Greatest Show on Turf. #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/zDmot5917l

— Jeff Kerr (@JeffKerrCBS) December 20, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:41 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Man, fuck the bullshit. Just give me the Mahomes who showed up from about the 2nd quarter of the Steelers game in the Wild Card, through the Bills game in the Divisional, to about :30 left in the 2nd quarter of the Championship game against the Bengals.

If that Patrick shows up, I like our chances against anyone.
we forget that patrick was devastating OL injury and a bad case of the yips away from three consecutive super bowls

i think this year we get payback
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:08 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
we forget that patrick was devastating OL injury and a bad case of the yips away from three consecutive super bowls

i think this year we get payback
He was a Dee Ford away from Four.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:10 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He was a Dee Ford away from Four.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:20 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If they make it through the AFC playoffs, I will be celebrating as much as anyone. I don't think they can do it though. Pass rush can't get enough pressure on the other good QB's. If they can find a way to win those games, it would be amazing.
I think the difference between this season and the previous for me, is that this year I'd still take Mahomes and the Chiefs over any other individual squad out of the AFC....but I wouldn't take them over the field.

For as long as we have Mahomes, if we have a good enough team to make the playoffs, we have a chance to win the SB. He's just so !@#$ing good - he can paper over a LOT of problems.

But while I'd take the Chiefs chances over anybody else, I don't think it's presently more likely than not that they make the SB. I give them that slightly more than a punchers chance odds that they have because they have Patrick Mahomes.

But that's still better than all but 3-4 teams in the NFL so it's hard to get too upset about it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:38 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think the difference between this season and the previous for me, is that this year I'd still take Mahomes and the Chiefs over any other individual squad out of the AFC....but I wouldn't take them over the field.

For as long as we have Mahomes, if we have a good enough team to make the playoffs, we have a chance to win the SB. He's just so !@#$ing good - he can paper over a LOT of problems.

But while I'd take the Chiefs chances over anybody else, I don't think it's presently more likely than not that they make the SB. I give them that slightly more than a punchers chance odds that they have because they have Patrick Mahomes.

But that's still better than all but 3-4 teams in the NFL so it's hard to get too upset about it.
Yeah, it basically comes down to turnovers and the level in which Mahomes has to play perfectly.... and the latter is even splitting hairs to a large degree.

And that goes for every other team... Allen, Burrow, Mahomes all have to get their teams to 30+ points, defenses need to provide some resistance, and special teams needs to not fuck it up.

Yeah, we can talk about pressure on the QB and the offensively line not being complete trash, and kickers making kicks... none of that is unimportant obviously, but if you're forcing a few punts against those other guys and aren't making huge mistakes on offense, you're going to be in every game.

Even having a great pass rusher or the best LT in the league doesn't move the needle THAT much.... it's still going to be a toss up game and you're still going to have to put points on the board.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:48 PM 12-20-2022
Mahomes will pass 4 players on the All-Time Passing List with 300 yards passing this Sunday against the Seahags. This includes 2 HOFers.

88 Brian Sipe 23,713 1974-1983 cle
89 Andrew Luck 23,671 2012-2018 clt
90 Norm Van Brocklin+ 23,611 1949-1960 2TM
91 Otto Graham+ 23,584 1946-1955 cl

Mahomes has obliterated their career stats.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:58 PM 12-20-2022
With 2 more passing TD's Mahomes will pass another Hofer- Slinging Sammy Baugh. Sammy is considered one of the best all-around players ever.

Sammy Baugh+ 187 1937-1952
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:13 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I think what people don't like to admit or dont like to think about is how much the element of luck comes into play in the playoffs. You have to have a decent amount of luck on your side the entire way through the playoffs. You have to dodge devastating injuries, freak plays, special teams mishaps, penalties, getting favorable matchups throughout the playoffs.

I'm not saying EVERYTHING has to go your way, but you have to be pretty consistently lucky in the playoffs to make it all the way.

Our 2019 SB run was pretty damn lucky. We got the first round bye in the 11th hour thanks to Fitzmagic, got to face the Texans, Titans, and 49ers when we could've had to deal with the 14-2 Ravens in Baltimore, and then Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl. No injuries, no special teams BS, no bad penalties, team was firing on all cylinders. If you look at the other 3 trips to the AFCCG and the other trip to the SB, we were unlucky in one department or more and it played a large part in us losing.

It sucks to say luck plays that much of a role, but thats the nature of the beast in single elimination. All you can do put your team in the best position to succeed once you get to the playoffs.

Once you're there, anything can happen.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:06 PM 12-20-2022
There was a time last year during Pat's slump that people were saying, "He could be Aaron Rodgers and only win one!"

Rodgers had some horrible luck in several of those defeats, and for half of his career, he had defenses that far more closely resembled our 2018 abortion than the defense he won it all with in the 2010 season. His GM also refused to ever make moves and adjust in the offseason. And look how close that motherfucker got so many of those years.

If you're of the belief that Mahomes in his prime is better than Rodgers in his prime, then look at a bunch of the advantages that Mahomes has over Rodgers and do the math. He's got a far better chance at going back to the Super Bowl a few times (hell, he's already been there twice compared to just one trip) and winning one or multiples.

And if he ends up only winning one? Oh teh noes... we got a Super Bowl ring! God what a curse.
[Reply]
notorious 09:12 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I think what people don't like to admit or dont like to think about is how much the element of luck comes into play in the playoffs. You have to have a decent amount of luck on your side the entire way through the playoffs. You have to dodge devastating injuries, freak plays, special teams mishaps, penalties, getting favorable matchups throughout the playoffs.

I'm not saying EVERYTHING has to go your way, but you have to be pretty consistently lucky in the playoffs to make it all the way.

Our 2019 SB run was pretty damn lucky. We got the first round bye in the 11th hour thanks to Fitzmagic, got to face the Texans, Titans, and 49ers when we could've had to deal with the 14-2 Ravens in Baltimore, and then Aaron Rodgers in the Super Bowl. No injuries, no special teams BS, no bad penalties, team was firing on all cylinders. If you look at the other 3 trips to the AFCCG and the other trip to the SB, we were unlucky in one department or more and it played a large part in us losing.

It sucks to say luck plays that much of a role, but thats the nature of the beast in single elimination. All you can do put your team in the best position to succeed once you get to the playoffs.

Once you're there, anything can happen.
San Fransisco was magnitudes better than GB.

Chiefs beat 2 red hot teams for their title.
[Reply]
Page 2361 of 2693
« First < 1361186122612311235123572358235923602361 2362236323642365237124112461 > Last »
Up