ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 190 of 195
« First < 90140180186187188189190 191192193194 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2017 NFL Draft Thread**** (NO Spoilers)
Dante84 11:29 PM 04-26-2017
Let's fucking do this.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's McCaffrey to Tampa) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny.

I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:35 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Watching this—how good do you think Mahomes would be right now if he had been picked by Chicago, Jacksonville, or the Jets?

Because even in hindsight, we know that those landing spots wouldn’t have been nearly as soft on his feet as Kansas City was. But I do think he still would have been a stud and worth the selection for those teams.
I think the only way he wouldn't have been a star is if he had gone to a team that deliberately throttled him in their system. But he wouldn't have been the superstar that he is now on those teams.

I think it helps a quarterback a lot when a playoff team trades up to get him, too. That's not to be underestimated. Patrick Mahomes II didn't go to a weak team.
[Reply]
patteeu 07:36 PM 04-19-2019
I missed our pick that year too. Don't we pick in the 20s in this one? I hope I can stay awake for it this time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:36 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
In fairness, there are nine teams that regret their drafts, a 10th team that regrets trading down, and 21 other teams that regret not trading up.

But yeah, San Francisco and Jacksonville. Not a good look for them.
How great is that?

The Chiefs traded up from far back in the draft, meaning literally any team could've done it. Any one of them.

Which means that, regardless of the other 6 rounds, every single team in this draft fucked up but us. And yeah, we fucked up in the other 6 rounds but when it came to the biggest and worst mistakes - every single team made a worse one than we did. The worst thing we did was take K-Pass instead of Kamara.

I don't care who they have at QB and I don't care who they drafted instead of Patrick Mahomes. Every last one of them would trade that player and their Quarterback for our quarterback. And as such, every last one of them screwed up worse than we did.

We win, dicks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:38 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Watching this—how good do you think Mahomes would be right now if he had been picked by Chicago, Jacksonville, or the Jets?

Because even in hindsight, we know that those landing spots wouldn’t have been nearly as soft on his feet as Kansas City was. But I do think he still would have been a stud and worth the selection for those teams.
The Bears or Jags could've won a Super Bowl with him. He'd have maybe not won the MVP because of Brees, but he'd have been a star on either squad.

The Jets? Tougher call because of Jet AIDS, but I think he'd overcome it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:41 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
How great is that?

The Chiefs traded up from far back in the draft, meaning literally any team could've done it. Any one of them.

Which means that, regardless of the other 6 rounds, every single team in this draft fucked up but us. And yeah, we fucked up in the other 6 rounds but when it came to the biggest and worst mistakes - every single team made a worse one than we did. The worst thing we did was take K-Pass instead of Kamara.

I don't care who they have at QB and I don't care who they drafted instead of Patrick Mahomes. Every last one of them would trade that player and their Quarterback for our quarterback. And as such, every last one of them screwed up worse than we did.

We win, dicks.
I thumbed up this post because it makes me happy.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:44 PM 04-19-2019
The Chargers take Mike Williams, who is injured walking onto the stage.

The Panthers take Christian McCaffrey. Granted, they have a quarterback and McCaffrey has been okay, so they screwed up less than any other team so far.

The Bengals take John Ross, who is the modern era's Ethan Horton.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:45 PM 04-19-2019
The Chiefs are on the clock! Something happened! The announcers think it may be for Deshaun Watson!
[Reply]
In58men 07:46 PM 04-19-2019
The Chiefs are on the clock! Something happened! The announcers think it may be for Deshaun Watson!
Not me!!

I literally screamed MAHOMES!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:46 PM 04-19-2019
Mayock thinks it could be for Mahomes!

They cut to commercial. Haha.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:46 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Not me!!

I literally screamed MAHOMES!!!!!!!
We'll find out soon! Who will it be?!?!?!
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:48 PM 04-19-2019
Okay, three commercials in a row. They're eating into the Chiefs' air time.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:49 PM 04-19-2019
It's Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech!
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:50 PM 04-19-2019
Dorsey seems excited. He's slapping everyone's back except Clark's. Awkward fist bump there.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:52 PM 04-19-2019
That was awesome.

Now Houston has just traded up to #12 to get warmed-over leftovers.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:04 PM 04-19-2019
It's Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech!
:-)

And on that note, I’ll check out to some Cardinals baseball.
[Reply]
Page 190 of 195
« First < 90140180186187188189190 191192193194 > Last »
Up