ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 162
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
diqlix 06:39 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I am seeing ESPN and some outlets now posit that the Buffalo Bills have the best chance to beat us.

The QB that had less than 100 yards against us (without all our best players) going into the 4th quarter?!

Well, if that is the best the NFL has for us I like our chances.
I’m surprised this has to be explained, but teams and players evolve throughout the season.

Mahomes threw something like 50% against Houston in the regular season last year. Then he threw 65% for 5 TD’s and 0 INT against them in the playoffs.

PS, Mahomes had around 100 yards entering the 4th quarter in that Buffalo game too. 130-something I believe.
[Reply]
diqlix 06:50 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Kind of where I'm at. BUF has enough talent to win that game, and based on just how inefficient PIT has been over the last 3-4 games, on paper I'd give BUF the nod.

But BUF has no pass rush, no running game, and Josh Allen looks uncomfortable against a good DL rush and press man secondary so far in his career.

The key to BUF winning the game will be how fast they start, IMO. If they can get out to an early lead to help them hide their issues on defense, they have better than a coinflip's chance of stealing that game.
Buffalo has no pass rush? They’re top 12 in the NFL in sacks.

Allen uncomfortable against a good DL? He is top 5 in the NFL in yardage and TD’s when pressured.

Sometimes it seems like people don’t watch any games outside of KC games yet still try to talk knowleadgably.

I’d be surprised if Bills don’t beat Pitt by double digits.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:34 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
Buffalo has no pass rush? They’re top 12 in the NFL in sacks.

Allen uncomfortable against a good DL? He is top 5 in the NFL in yardage and TD’s when pressured.

Sometimes it seems like people don’t watch any games outside of KC games yet still try to talk knowleadgably.

I’d be surprised if Bills don’t beat Pitt by double digits.
Uh-huh.

Learn to spell.

But let's take a short look at these factoids of yours.

So BUF has 9 sacks just against NYJ in two meetings, which is like clubbing a baby seal. Not terribly impressive. 6 I believe against MIA alone. Basically BUF has played a bunch of teams with either bad OLs (NYJx2, MIAx2, SEA, ARI, TEN, NE) and/or below average QBs.

So congrats i guess that the BUF defense was able to take advantage of the worst OLs in the NFL?

As for Allen's 'success' against pressure . . .

For the first 4 games BUF played only one team that had a legitimate pass rush in the LA Rams, and he did play well in that one.

Then lost to TEN, a team without a pass rush, and somehow TEN forced Allen to post a 77 rating, 263 yds on 26-41 atts, 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Maybe Allen is just bad when there's no rush at all.

Then Allen posted an even worse stat line against the Chiefs, 14-27, 122 yds and a 73 rtg. KC got pressure on him fairly often, though didn't record a sack, and now we know why Spags kept trying to force Allen to his right . . .

And then in their 'get right' game against the Jets, Allen doesn't, throwing for 300 yds, but no TDs and just a 90 rtg.

11-18 for 158 yds against NE. i mean, wow.

Then another subpar performance against a Cards team that was without their two best pass-rushers.

And another against LAC, 157 yds, 88.4 rtg.

Yeah, sorry, but I'm just not seeing the greatness of Josh Allen in these stats. Against every team that had a decent defense (with one exception-LAR), Allen hasn't performed at an elite level. He's performed better than last season, but let's be honest, that's not a terrifically high bar either.

Though we all hope that he can have a big day against the Steelers. I don't have high hopes because that PIT DL is legitimately great, but they have a bunch of injuries in their LB corps, so maybe that'll be enough for Allen to not panic and do stupid things. I also hope that PIT doesn't know that Allen sucks throwing to his right.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:52 PM 12-12-2020
Acknowledging all that, I'd have to agree with the sentiment that I'll be surprised if Buffalo doesn't beat Pittsburgh pretty handily. The Steelers have played exactly nobody this season, too.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:00 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Acknowledging all that, I'd have to agree with the sentiment that I'll be surprised if Buffalo doesn't beat Pittsburgh pretty handily. The Steelers have played exactly nobody this season, too.
It's certainly the right time for it, with the Steelers defense practically gutted by injuries, and Ben throwing like, well, Daniel Jones.

But I don't think it's going out on a limb to say that if this were a couple years ago when Ben was throwing better, AB was still a Steeler, and they had Connor running well, that no one would be picking BUF to win 'handily' over PIT.

But as Chiefs' fans, we need Josh Allen and BUF to grow up and win this game to give us the 1 seed, so "Hail to the Buffalo Bills!"

And please, Josh, don't do the really stupid things you did against HOU last season in the playoffs. Please.
[Reply]
diqlix 10:17 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh-huh.

Learn to spell.

But let's take a short look at these factoids of yours.

So BUF has 9 sacks just against NYJ in two meetings, which is like clubbing a baby seal. Not terribly impressive. 6 I believe against MIA alone. Basically BUF has played a bunch of teams with either bad OLs (NYJx2, MIAx2, SEA, ARI, TEN, NE) and/or below average QBs.

So congrats i guess that the BUF defense was able to take advantage of the worst OLs in the NFL?

As for Allen's 'success' against pressure . . .

For the first 4 games BUF played only one team that had a legitimate pass rush in the LA Rams, and he did play well in that one.

Then lost to TEN, a team without a pass rush, and somehow TEN forced Allen to post a 77 rating, 263 yds on 26-41 atts, 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Maybe Allen is just bad when there's no rush at all.

Then Allen posted an even worse stat line against the Chiefs, 14-27, 122 yds and a 73 rtg. KC got pressure on him fairly often, though didn't record a sack, and now we know why Spags kept trying to force Allen to his right . . .

And then in their 'get right' game against the Jets, Allen doesn't, throwing for 300 yds, but no TDs and just a 90 rtg.

11-18 for 158 yds against NE. i mean, wow.

Then another subpar performance against a Cards team that was without their two best pass-rushers.

And another against LAC, 157 yds, 88.4 rtg.

Yeah, sorry, but I'm just not seeing the greatness of Josh Allen in these stats. Against every team that had a decent defense (with one exception-LAR), Allen hasn't performed at an elite level. He's performed better than last season, but let's be honest, that's not a terrifically high bar either.

Though we all hope that he can have a big day against the Steelers. I don't have high hopes because that PIT DL is legitimately great, but they have a bunch of injuries in their LB corps, so maybe that'll be enough for Allen to not panic and do stupid things. I also hope that PIT doesn't know that Allen sucks throwing to his right.
That’s a whole lot of words and excuses that could have been saved by simply saying “oops, I was wrong”.

Sad.

Ps, BUF also ranks 10th in INT/attempt, 6th in sack rate, 4th in 3rd down conversions, 4th in disrupted dropbacks & 4th in pass rush win rate. Those stats are valid as of before last weeks game, but I assume they’re similar after last week.

https://twitter.com/pff/status/1337578681259208705?s=21
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 PM 12-12-2020
PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFF
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:43 PM 12-12-2020
That’s a whole lot of words and excuses that could have been saved by simply saying “oops, I was wrong”.

Sad.

Ps, BUF also ranks 10th in INT/attempt, 6th in sack rate, 4th in 3rd down conversions, 4th in disrupted dropbacks & 4th in pass rush win rate. Those stats are valid as of before last weeks game, but I assume they’re similar after last week.

How did they do against KC?
[Reply]
Redbled 02:11 AM 12-13-2020
Even though they are the underdog after last weeks games I got the Steelers. Hope I’m wrong.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:05 AM 12-13-2020
I'd like a Buffalo win..but this doesn't look like a great matchup for them. Allen/Daboll have been feasting on the Seattle D family tree recently. Pitt is another animal. Pitt is a better version of AZ with KC blitz/show looks. Allen was bad vs KC and mistake prone vs AZ. With a Watt and a Minkah those mistakes will hurt.

I'm betting Pittsburgh Moneyline here.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:05 AM 12-13-2020

Sad.

so, then why did the Chiefs run all over such an obviously great defense?
[Reply]
diqlix 08:34 AM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
so, then why did the Chiefs run all over such an obviously great defense?
They’re not a great defense. But they get good pressure. Bills head coach Sean McDermott said after the game that they purposefully let the Chiefs run on them to slow the game down. Reid confirmed this after the game too, and said the Bills basically baited them into running so that’s what they did. Heck, it kinda worked. It was a 6 point game with 2 minutes left. Bills held the Chiefs offense to 26 points, which was their 2nd lowest output over their last 16 games until last week.

Also, teams evolve throughout the season. I can’t believe people don’t understand this, especially after losing to a crappy Raiders team. https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=1471
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:47 AM 12-13-2020
They’re not a great defense. But they get good pressure. Bills head coach Sean McDermott said after the game that they purposefully let the Chiefs run on them to slow the game down. Reid confirmed this after the game too, and said the Bills basically baited them into running so that’s what they did. Heck, it kinda worked. It was a 6 point game with 2 minutes left. Bills held the Chiefs offense to 26 points, which was their 2nd lowest output over their last 16 games until last week.

Also, teams evolve throughout the season. I can’t believe people don’t understand this, especially after losing to a crappy Raiders team. https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=1471

So, basically what you're saying is that the Chiefs beat the Bills by letting the Bills dictate the pace and style of the game to the Chiefs, and still lost.

and I agree that teams evolve through the year.....so let me ask this: Why is it that you think the Bills are evolving in a fashion that can now beat the Chiefs, but assume the Chiefs (who haven't lost a game since week 5 of the season) are either staying static, diminishing, or otherwise not evolving positively themselves?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:49 AM 12-13-2020

Just beat the fucking Steelers tonight & you'll have my respect & gratitude.

:-)
[Reply]
diqlix 09:00 AM 12-13-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
So, basically what you're saying is that the Chiefs beat the Bills by letting the Bills dictate the pace and style of the game to the Chiefs, and still lost.
Exactly.

That’s how good the Chiefs are.

Originally Posted by :
and I agree that teams evolve through the year.....so let me ask this: Why is it that you think the Bills are evolving in a fashion that can now beat the Chiefs, but assume the Chiefs (who haven't lost a game since week 5 of the season) are either staying static, diminishing, or otherwise not evolving positively themselves?
Bills probably are NOT going to beat the Chiefs.

This conversation started from someone thinking that it was impossible for a team to beat someone that they already lost too.

I simply pointed out the flaw in the logic.

Teams evolve and just because Team A beat Team B earlier on, doesnt mean they’ll do it again later.

As for why some people think the Bills have the best chance? It’s simple. It was a 6 point game with 2 minutes left and they were a foot away from tying the game despite being without 5 starters in that game.

Edge is still with KC in my opinion, though.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 162
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149 > Last »
Up