ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 162
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:46 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Yes we did. We lost to the Texans because we only had 20 minutes, and the Texans had the ball for 40 minutes.
That was Mahomes' first game back after the knee injury and one of the worst games of his career.

The Chiefs ended that game with 2 consecutive 3 and outs despite having a 1 point lead and finishing the 3rd quarter with an INT of Watson.

You're FOS dude, sorry.

The Texans did not win that game because they controlled the clock. They controlled the clock in large part because the Chiefs offense couldn't stay on the field. The Texans won because Patrick Mahomes was coming back off of injury and failed to score a single point in the final 21 minutes of the game.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:54 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That was Mahomes' first game back after the knee injury and one of the worst games of his career.

The Chiefs ended that game with 2 consecutive 3 and outs despite having a 1 point lead and finishing the 3rd quarter with an INT of Watson.

You're FOS dude, sorry.

The Texans did not win that game because they controlled the clock. They controlled the clock in large part because the Chiefs offense couldn't stay on the field. The Texans won because Patrick Mahomes was coming back off of injury and failed to score a single point in the final 21 minutes of the game.
No. The Texans. Not the Titans. We lost to them 31-24 in the regular season, and beat them in the playoffs. They rushed for almost 200 yards in the game we lost.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:59 PM 12-11-2020
No. The Texans. Not the Titans. We lost to them 31-24 in the regular season, and beat them in the playoffs. They rushed for almost 200 yards in the game we lost.

Yeah, the Texans.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401128119

The Chiefs were ahead in that game 24-23 with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

The Chiefs picked off Watson with 9 seconds left in the 3rd quarter and promptly went 3 and out.

The Texans got the ball back and scored 6 minutes left in the game.

The Chiefs AGAIN went 3 and out.

The Texans then iced the game.

I know what game I'm talking about.

Patrick Mahomes had one of the worst games of his career that day, after being out for 4 games due to a knee injury as he was still nursing an ankle injury.

If he had played like he normally does, 200 yards of rushing and all that TOP would have resulted in a LOSS, just like when everybody else does it.

EDITED the injury part. The Titans was his comeback game. I had the injury wrong, not the game.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:12 PM 12-11-2020
Yes we did. We lost to the Texans because we only had 20 minutes, and the Texans had the ball for 40 minutes.

Texans still had to score 31 points to win, even having the ball for 2/3rd of the game....so, no, they didn't "slow it down to win".....in fact, the last two Chiefs possessions of the game (in which both teams had 10), were 3 and out punts, and the Texans went for a 4th down play to win the game....but the fact remains that they didn't slow anything down, they knew they had to keep scoring to win...

Now, a serious question for you: How come you didn't go to the Texans playoff game and note they had the ball for 35 minutes in that game....Tell me what happened there please if you would....why didn't time of possession matter in that game?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:18 PM 12-11-2020
Yeah, the Texans.

The Chiefs were ahead in that game 24-23 with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

The Chiefs picked off Watson with 9 seconds left in the 3rd quarter and promptly went 3 and out.

Patrick Mahomes had one of the worst games of his career that day, after being out for 4 games due to a knee injury as he was still nursing an ankle injury.

If he had played like he normally does, 200 yards of rushing and all that TOP would have resulted in a LOSS, just like when everybody else does it.

EDITED the injury part. The Titans was his comeback game. I had the injury wrong, not the game.
Do you think if we had the ball longer than 20 minutes we would have won?

[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:22 PM 12-11-2020
Yeah, the Texans.

You read my mind brother! lol

That was the infamous "Travis Kelce Pass Interference....NOPE" interception game, otherwise, it would have likely been 24-3, and then Cam Ervin can't block sack fumble at the end of the 2nd Q to give the Texans a 7 yd field and basically another quick TD to tie it late in the half....

But the Chiefs Offense shit the bed in that game big time....and it still scored 24 points.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:26 PM 12-11-2020

Do you not think scoring 24 points isn't enough to win a football game?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:18 PM 12-11-2020

I think if the best QB in the game were completely healthy and hadn't gone 3-and-out on back to back drives, they absolutely would have won.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:20 PM 12-11-2020
I think if the best QB in the game were completely healthy and hadn't gone 3-and-out on back to back drives, they absolutely would have won.
But we did go 3 and out on those drives. If we had an extra 5 minutes of possession, we could have had 1 or 2 more drives, and could have won the game. I don't see how anyone can argue that time of possession doesn't matter.

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:21 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Do you not think scoring 24 points isn't enough to win a football game?
With our defense last year, at the beginning of the season, no. For our defense from week 12 on? Yes. This year's defense? Probably.

[Reply]
htismaqe 05:28 PM 12-11-2020
With our defense last year, at the beginning of the season, no. For our defense from week 12 on? Yes. This year's defense? Probably.

At the half, the Chiefs had run 32 plays on 6 possessions and scored 17 points. The Texans had run 33 plays on 6 possessions and scored 23 points.

The Chiefs ran SIX plays in the 4th quarter. SIX. That was why they lost the game.

The other contributing factor is that both teams fumbled deep in their own territory. The Texans turned it into 7 points. The Chiefs lost 5 yards and settled for a FG.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:30 PM 12-11-2020
By they way, the first 3 and out that resulted in the Texans final TD.

3 plays, 5 yards, FIFTEEN SECONDS.

The offense possessed the ball for 15 seconds.

You wanna complain about TOP, start right there.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:57 PM 12-11-2020
At the half, the Chiefs had run 32 plays on 6 possessions and scored 17 points. The Texans had run 33 plays on 6 possessions and scored 23 points.

The Chiefs ran SIX plays in the 4th quarter. SIX. That was why they lost the game.

The other contributing factor is that both teams fumbled deep in their own territory. The Texans turned it into 7 points. The Chiefs lost 5 yards and settled for a FG.
So, if they had time to run more than 6 plays, we probably would have won. More time of possession.

I'm sorry, maybe I am missing the point. People in my office are quarantined because of COVID-19, and I am doing the job of three people, so I am probably not understanding. If that's the case, I apologize.

[Reply]
Mav 07:11 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Patrick Mahomes v Baker Mayfield or Ryan Tannehill?

:-)

It really wouldn’t be the Qbs. It would be Chubb Hunt and Henry. If the Chiefs stop the run those teams have no chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:23 PM 12-11-2020

TOP may or may not be a critical factor for most NFL teams, but it's not for the Chiefs.

Case in point, last season in the Divisional round of the playoffs vs. HOU, the Texans had the ball for nearly 35 minutes, the Chiefs slightly more than 25 minutes. And the final score was 51-31, Chiefs, as we all know.

And the Chiefs win a remarkable percentage of their games without winning the TOP battle.

The reason is simple: the Chiefs score on more of their possessions than nearly every other team. Call it points per possession, if you like.

Either way, the Chiefs are much more efficient than 90% of the NFL, scoring over 60% of their possessions, and scoring TDs more than 50% of those possessions in which they score any points. The rest of the league is well below those numbers.

So the Chiefs don't need to win TOP. They just have to score more efficiently than their competition.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 162
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Up