ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 162
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
The Chiefs don't lose games to good opponents.
They lose when they underestimate a team.

They won't do that with the Saints.

I'm worried about the Dolphins.
You honestly think this team underestimates other teams? You have that little faith in Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes, and the rest of the team and staff that they'd actually dismiss an opponent as being "beneath" them?

Come on, man.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:53 AM 12-09-2020

:-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:05 PM 12-09-2020

the Dolphins are 8-4

I doubt the Chiefs are sitting there saying "8-4....not good enough for me!"

While my opinion is that the Dolphins are a little over their heads right now, and are a year away from serious contention, they still are a fine team. I expect the Chiefs to do the following:

1. Game plan similar to Bills game.....exploit Miami's weakness in the run game, keep chains moving, and take the shots when they present themselves
2. Severely limit Miami's possessions....sound familiar? this is what everyone says the opposition should do to the Chiefs. Screw that, give each team 7 possessions and the Chiefs are going to win 91.7% of the time
3. find ways to get into the End Zone....Chiefs will correct the RZ issues, and turn their RZ opportunities into TDs.....
4. Confuse Tua when he has the ball....I expect Spags to disguise coverages well, and really challenge Tua's capacity to interpret the correct defense
5. Keep everything underneath on D....make Miami execute perfectly to score....

With Chiefs controlling the flow of the game, exploiting Miami's Defensive Weaknesses, and turning RZ FGs into TDs, Miami O will not be able to keep up....
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:19 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You honestly think this team underestimates other teams? Come on, man.
It's human nature dude. :-)

It would be like me facing staylor on Jeopardy!...I wouldn't expect that dumbass to be able to beat me so my concentration wouldn't be as sharp. If I was facing Ken Jennings, I'd be on point.:-)

It's just human nature. How would you explain the Chargers game or Raiders game or Panthers game or Broncos game? Do you honestly think the Panthers are one play away from beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead if the Chiefs were on their game? :-)

Damn, you must think they aren't as good as I think they are.
[Reply]
O.city 12:23 PM 12-09-2020
I think the problem is expecting to blow everyone out.

They have had some “meh we can sleepwalk and win” for sure but it’s hard as hell to win in this league like the chiefs have the last couple years.

They’re 37-9 in the regular season with Mahomes starting.

Enjoy it
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:27 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
the Dolphins are 8-4

I doubt the Chiefs are sitting there saying "8-4....not good enough for me!"

While my opinion is that the Dolphins are a little over their heads right now, and are a year away from serious contention, they still are a fine team. I expect the Chiefs to do the following:

1. Game plan similar to Bills game.....exploit Miami's weakness in the run game, keep chains moving, and take the shots when they present themselves
2. Severely limit Miami's possessions....sound familiar? this is what everyone says the opposition should do to the Chiefs. Screw that, give each team 7 possessions and the Chiefs are going to win 91.7% of the time
3. find ways to get into the End Zone....Chiefs will correct the RZ issues, and turn their RZ opportunities into TDs.....
4. Confuse Tua when he has the ball....I expect Spags to disguise coverages well, and really challenge Tua's capacity to interpret the correct defense
5. Keep everything underneath on D....make Miami execute perfectly to score....

With Chiefs controlling the flow of the game, exploiting Miami's Defensive Weaknesses, and turning RZ FGs into TDs, Miami O will not be able to keep up....
If they are looking ahead to the Saints game...the Dolphins game is problematic. I know no one will say they were looking ahead to a game but this game is played by humans.

Should the Chiefs win? Absolutely!:-)

I'm just tired of seeing subpar games vs subpar teams when the Chiefs should be throttling them by 20-30pts.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 12:28 PM 12-09-2020
I do not know if they can handle losses like Eric Hicks. Close games is no problem. They do not need to run up the score out of insecurity like some teams/fans.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:01 PM 12-09-2020

It would be like me facing staylor on Jeopardy!...I wouldn't expect that dumbass to be able to beat me so my concentration wouldn't be as sharp. If I was facing Ken Jennings, I'd be on point.:-)

It's just human nature. How would you explain the Chargers game or Raiders game or Panthers game or Broncos game? Do you honestly think the Panthers are one play away from beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead if the Chiefs were on their game? :-)

They're human beings, not robots. They make mistakes mentally and physically during the course of a game where even the slightest deviation from plan results in a blown play.

The Chargers play them close because they play them twice every year and have built their personnel and their playbooks to compete with the Chiefs. Same for the Raiders and Broncos.

As for the Panthers game, how many spectacular catches did Carolina need on that last drive to get close? 2? 3? A couple of those catches were incompletions if they were even an inch off from where they were.

If they Chiefs played down to their opponents or just didn't respect inferior teams, they don't stomp the Texans or Jets the way they did.

There's two teams on the field, not just one. It's not solely up to the Chiefs who well they play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:03 PM 12-09-2020
If they are looking ahead to the Saints game...the Dolphins game is problematic. I know no one will say they were looking ahead to a game but this game is played by humans.
They're not looking ahead. They're humans but they're professionals too. Do you think a surgeon looks past his appendectomy and thinks about his next open heart surgery while he's doing it?

I'm just tired of seeing subpar games vs subpar teams when the Chiefs should be throttling them by 20-30pts.
You're expectations are just unrealistic, that's all there is to it.

For as long as you've watched football, you should know better than to expect this.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:18 PM 12-09-2020

Football players make mistakes and aren't always on their A-Game. You can't be at 100% playing perfectly ALL THE TIME, it's impossible. The Chargers, Broncos, and Raiders are DIVISION RIVALS who know how to play us better than anyone and will try their heart out to knock us off. And the Panthers bet on black and it rolled black almost every single time.

You seriously need to watch other football teams outside the Chiefs, because I guarantee every other elite team in the league has a handfull of "off games" against "bad opponents".

Not because they look down on opponents or underestimate them, but because Football players aren't robots, they have bad days, or even stretches of bad days.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:42 PM 12-09-2020

Should the Chiefs win? Absolutely!:-)

This team lost one game.....one...They haven't looked past anyone.

Argue the first Raiders game if you'd like, but they lost that game by 8 points....One score where two touchdowns directly came off the board, and a very strong third was taken on a very bad non-call....

11 and 1, with the one loss being 8 pts.....give me a break....
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:04 PM 12-09-2020
Starting to blame Big Rape

CHRIS MUELLER: Ben Roethlisberger is now officially an issue, not just for his play, but for the way he has philosophically overhauled the offense since a Week 7 win against the Tennessee Titans. https://t.co/myr0WPfP1C

— The Times Sports (@timesscores) December 8, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:07 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're expectations are just unrealistic, that's all there is to it.
That represents probably half of the active members on Chiefsplanet. It's ludicrous.

People that actually watch and cover football think this of the Chiefs:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/09/po...4-chiefs-bills

1. Kansas City Chiefs (11–1)

Last week: Win vs. Denver 22–16
This week: at Miami

The No. 1 passing offense in football, a top-10 rushing offense and a top-five defense. This team is complete, deep, well-coached and perpetually unbeatable. Nothing, not even holding the ball forever, apparently, can stop them.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:03 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Mav:
The Steelers have a tough schedule coming up. In their last four they play the Bills and Browns. I think they play the Giants as well. I expect the Steelers to have at least 3 losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colts also
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:05 PM 12-09-2020
I think they lose two of BUF, IND and CLE. If not even all three.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 162
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Up