ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 162
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:34 PM 10-22-2020
Tanny gonna go back down to earth. Pitt will neutralize Henry.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:37 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Steelers can stop the run and can be really disruptive with their blitz scheme.

They are really only vulnerable outside the hashes - their corners are good but not great.

The question is whether or not Tannehill can continue to play so cleanly in the face of a constant blitz without leaning so heavily on the running game.
Should be a fascinating game to watch.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:55 PM 10-22-2020

POLL Q: Who's the best team in the AFC?#ChiefsKingdom #RavensFlock #HereWeGo #Titans #NFL

(*must have 5 wins to qualify)

— Rich Eisen Show (@RichEisenShow) October 22, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:58 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

[Reply]
WarChiefs89 02:10 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
Just google it man.
Happy too. I'm assuming you mean the last undefeated team in the NFL and their chances to make the Super Bowl? It's tough to know because you actually gave no reasoning, evidence, or explanation all together of why the Pit/Ten game would go to the Super Bowl because of "history". But, I digress. Let's see..... since 2010 here is the list of last unbeaten and how they finished at the end of the year.

2010 - Chi/GB/KC (3-0): Green Bay did win the SuperBowl. KC/Chi lost in playoffs
2011 - Packers (13-0): Lost in Divisional Round
2012 - Falcons (8-0): Lost in Conference Champ
2013 - Chiefs (9-0): Lost in Wild Card
2014 - Phi/Cin/Ari (3-0): Philly missed playoffs, Bengals & Cards Lost in WC
2015 - Panthers (14-0): Lost in Super Bowl
2016 - Vikings (5-0): Didn't make the playoffs
2017 - Chiefs (5-0): Lost in Wildcard
2018 - Rams (8-0): Lost in Super Bowl
2019 - 49ers/Pats (8-0): 49ers lost in Super Bowl / Pats lost in WC

SO... 4 out of 15 teams went to the Super Bowl. Or just over 25%. Unless you have other history that shows something different.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:12 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by WarChiefs89:
Happy too. I'm assuming you mean the last undefeated team in the NFL and their chances to make the Super Bowl? It's tough to know because you actually gave no reasoning, evidence, or explanation all together of why the Pit/Ten game would go to the Super Bowl because of "history". But, I digress. Let's see..... since 2010 here is the list of last unbeaten and how they finished at the end of the year.

2010 - Chi/GB/KC (3-0): Green Bay did win the SuperBowl. KC/Chi lost in playoffs

SO... 4 out of 15 teams went to the Super Bowl. Or just over 25%. Unless you have other history that shows something different.
:-)

This is high quality stuff for your 14th post.
[Reply]
PHOG 02:15 PM 10-22-2020
Also, history has shown the winner of this weeks steelers titans game will go to the super bowl. You guys have already lost just dont know it yet
:-) :-)
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:22 PM 10-22-2020
Don’t forget the Titans team that started 10-0 and lost in the divisional round
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 04:10 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by WarChiefs89:

Thats pretty good stuff. I was referring to what history says about the last 6 times 2 undefeated teams met week 7 or later and the winner going to the super bowl. I couldnt share the graphic, not too familiar with your board. When i said google it, i assumed you knew i meant winner of titans steelers super bowl and google would show you the article
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 04:13 PM 10-22-2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....190609783.html

Heres the link. Its right there in the headline if you dont want to read the history

And since the Titans and steelers are both afc teams, doesnt look like the chefs will repeat
[Reply]
staylor26 04:27 PM 10-22-2020
Imagine thinking that means anything :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:31 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
!00%.

Though I just watched Kornheiser actually repeat this nonsense on ESPN. But he was wearing that ridiculous turban when he said it, so maybe he was being facetious.
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 04:33 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So putting a bunch of money on the steelers or titans to make the super bowl would be crazy seeing how history never repeats itself. ?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:37 PM 10-22-2020
You guys were right about some things. I underestimated the 4 week road trip and the physical toll all those carries had on Derrick Henry.. and the oline as well. You got the Titans at a very good time.

The 9ers are a physical team like the Titans, only they'll be rested and ready. I fear what their physicality will do vs your team
That could work. . Of course, the titans were on the end of a brutal 4 week road trip. With henry hobbled by a ridiculous workload. With play callers who refused to call uncle, and refs who had been told to get the chiefs to the super bowl.

I really should have listened to you guys. John Q Public likes to watch finesse teams on the big stage
The 9ers have definitely had the tougher path. The chiefs got lucky to back into a bye week, then watch the titans take out their biggest threats, then getting to play those titans on the 4th straight road game, with henry suffering hamstring trouble from over use down the stretch.. the 9ers have to be favored in this one on their physicality alone.

:-) This dude seems to have a short memory. We already know what the end game is for the Titans.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:47 PM 10-22-2020
So putting a bunch of money on the steelers or titans to make the super bowl would be crazy seeing how history never repeats itself. ?
Go ahead, knock yourself out.

The reality is that your little factoid is based on nothing more than a statistical quirk. There's plenty of them in sports. They aren't laws or absolutes.

There was one that lasted for about four years or so concerning the Pats and the Fins, where if they played in MIA before Dec. MIA would cover every time, and win 80% of the time, something like that. It was a stupid stat that wasn't based on anything in reality, but it made me some money once I figured it out. But I never actually believed it was anything more than a temporary somewhat long-lived anomaly.

You think your little scenario is some kind of "key" to a hidden secret within the NFL? Okay.

I've got a custom-made tin foil hat for you ready for shipping. $1,999 plus shipping and it's yours. I promise all your dreams will come true.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 162
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up