ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 43
« First < 303637383940 414243 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
Coach 07:14 PM 01-03-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You have to be a little concerned about bone strength in general though. How the hell does a femur just snap when running down the field?
Well, I believe it has to do with force and mass of going a certain direction that may have placed too much stress on the bone, which would had caused it to crack.

I'm more curious to see if the femur is just a hairline fracture or if it's a complete snap. I'm betting it's more on the former.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:24 PM 01-03-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
Well, I believe it has to do with force and mass of going a certain direction that may have placed too much stress on the bone, which would had caused it to crack.

I'm more curious to see if the femur is just a hairline fracture or if it's a complete snap. I'm betting it's more on the former.
His leg did unnatural things. It didn't look like a hairline fracture.
[Reply]
thabear04 07:31 PM 01-03-2021
Baker fits a Broken left Femur.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:23 PM 01-03-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You have to be a little concerned about bone strength in general though. How the hell does a femur just snap when running down the field?

It doesn’t unless there’s an underlying issue.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 11:34 PM 01-03-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Yeah, scary situation. He's got to have some sort of health issue he was unaware of to break a freaking femur.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:35 PM 01-03-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
How do you completely break your leg by just running?
Karma?...funny how it seems to find certain people at timely moments.

Remember that time when Big Rape wrecked his motorcycle and smashed his face in...
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:00 AM 01-04-2021
Baker looked impressive today in his first game. Not just the sack but his overall coverage. Hopefully he will be good to go starting next season.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:14 AM 01-04-2021
So when players have devastatingly painful injuries like this, do they shoot them up with painkillers immediately on the field? Because if they didn't inject him with anything, he was either in total shock or a tough SOB. I say that because he appeared totally calm when they were wheeling him off.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:15 AM 01-04-2021
I watched the film in stop motion and it looks like his weight shifted forward suddenly (like his legs were out-running his upper body or vice versa) and it looked like his knee bent backwards like 90 degrees, but that was his femur breaking. Just the force of his bodyweight against the forward inertia, when his leg locked it just snapped it.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:27 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
So when players have devastatingly painful injuries like this, do they shoot them up with painkillers immediately on the field? Because if they didn't inject him with anything, he was either in total shock or a tough SOB. I say that because he appeared totally calm when they were wheeling him off.
And he gave the thumbs up to the fans as they were putting him in the wagon.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:42 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Bone breaks often aren't as painful as they look. You don't have a ton of nerve endings inside your body. Not saying that it would be fun, but there are probably worse pains one can feel.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 09:47 AM 01-04-2021
I wonder if he could have been injured on a previous play with contact and tried to push through. Don't know if that's realistic but I'm just hoping for an explanation that doesn't include a scary underlying health condition.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:56 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
A pathological fracture with underlying cyst/lesion could explain it.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:06 PM 01-04-2021

Per coach Andy Reid, #Chiefs CB Deandre Baker underwent successful surgery and he can even put weight on his leg today after suffering a broken left femur.

— Sports Radio 810 WHB (@SportsRadio810) January 4, 2021

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:08 PM 01-04-2021
Nice
[Reply]
Page 40 of 43
« First < 303637383940 414243 >
Up