ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 70 of 256
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:03 PM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
did they fix the ****ing parry system if no For honor can still **** off.
Yeah I don't understand the outrage over people not wanting to play. Ever since it was released the game has been a buggy mess. Also considering the game is called For Honor I see an awful lot of gameplay videos of people playing with hit and run away tactics.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:01 AM 12-22-2017
I think I am going to take the PSVR plunge. Anyone have experience with one?
[Reply]
bigjosh 05:42 PM 12-23-2017
New Zelda game in production!

The switch version of BOTW is amazing, albeit with some flaws. hopefully they address the issues and make this next one the end all be all of zelda games.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieba.../#744db9ed5538
[Reply]
crazycoffey 06:41 PM 12-23-2017
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
did they fix the fucking parry system if no For honor can still fuck off.
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Yeah I don't understand the outrage over people not wanting to play. Ever since it was released the game has been a buggy mess. Also considering the game is called For Honor I see an awful lot of gameplay videos of people playing with hit and run away tactics.

It was a fucking free chance to see if it got better than when you first tried it (if you even tried it) and see the improvement on a dedicated server. But you’d rather believe everything you read and let other people’s opinions dictate your gaming. That’s cool.....

LOL; But seriously, I just thought someone would give it a try. It was free. The game improved a lot after the first beta, and continued to improve since. The jump to dedicated servers takes away the glitchy and sync up pauses. It was nice.

As for the parry thing is something you just have to figure out how to fight with your character. You can start a heavy attack, hit o to cancel and come a different direction catching the opponents off their guard. Or throw them to break their guard, light attacks are usually too fast for parry.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:51 PM 12-23-2017
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
It was a ****ing free chance to see if it got better than when you first tried it (if you even tried it) and see the improvement on a dedicated server. But you’d rather believe everything you read and let other people’s opinions dictate your gaming. That’s cool.....

LOL; But seriously, I just thought someone would give it a try. It was free. The game improved a lot after the first beta, and continued to improve since. The jump to dedicated servers takes away the glitchy and sync up pauses. It was nice.

As for the parry thing is something you just have to figure out how to fight with your character. You can start a heavy attack, hit o to cancel and come a different direction catching the opponents off their guard. Or throw them to break their guard, light attacks are usually too fast for parry.
Game is already dead again, averaging 500 online aint gonna cut it.

Ubishit
[Reply]
TrickyNicky 10:39 PM 12-23-2017
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:

Crawl is another Coop/competitive game I enjoyed. Crawl is a cross between Gauntlet and smear the queer. you have 4 players (or AI stand ins) 1 player starts as the hero and the other 3 start as ghosts/monsters. the hero tries to crawl the dungeon while the other players try to kill the hero. whichever ghost/monster player kills the hero, gets to be the next hero. the hero levels up while the monsters progress into bigger baddies.

the only drawback to Crawl is that there is no online multi-p (you can find a workaround on PC) so you will have to play multi-p locally
I bought this game on a whim while looking for a good couch coop game to use with the Steam Link. Fishpicker is absolutely correct. This is a great game, and an even better concept. I've only had 2 non-AI players at one time, but you can see the definitive potential in this game. The progression trees allow for plenty of customization. If you are a fan of the Neo-8-bit graphic design games like Hotline: Miami, and appreciate lite-RPG and Rogue-like elements, mixed with party game atmospheres. This is the purchase for you.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:00 AM 12-24-2017
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Game is already dead again, averaging 500 online aint gonna cut it.

Ubishit
:-) The server beta was a test. How can it be “dead again” if online users jumped during the test? The people who tried it before, and made all the complaints in the video game complaint bible, some people can’t stop believing, came back during the beta test. People who had never tried it, because “ubishit” mantra, tried it to. For free. They didn’t have to buy the game and probably won’t, until the servers actually go into effect.

I don’t play it much anymore, because of the glitchy shit everyone bitches about. But I tried the server test, and noticed the difference. Now, I’m waiting to play it when the dedicated servers finally go into effect, I’ll play more.

I’m probably the only one in the whole world who fits that demographic.....

But go on regurgitating the “it’s too late to redeem the game” BS

😘
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 01:19 AM 12-25-2017
So I’m kinda disappointed with the kid games available for the PS4, is there something I’m missing or do I need to go with Nintendo for that? Is the switch the best system to get for a 6 and 8 yr old? Seems quite expensive for what it is when a new PS4 can be had with a game for around $200 and change this Christmas.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:24 AM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
So I’m kinda disappointed with the kid games available for the PS4, is there something I’m missing or do I need to go with Nintendo for that? Is the switch the best system to get for a 6 and 8 yr old? Seems quite expensive for what it is when a new PS4 can be had with a game for around $200 and change this Christmas.
Switch is definitely the way to go. 6-8 year olds are mostly playing platformers, which are going to dominate switch.

That being said, there are some PS4 games that the kids will understand. Rayman games are simple side scrollers, Maybe Little big planet. It depends on their abilities to play the games too.

My kids love Rayman and Mario. Those are both on nintendo platform.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 04:10 PM 12-30-2017
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Be nice to find a good online coop game as well if you have any suggestions.
I found another great coop game. Heliborne. its amazing. I would describe it as Battlefield:Vietnam minus the first person ground fighting. you 'member how in battlefield games people would spawn camp and take the best vehicles? now everybody gets the chopper. and you get to choose what chopper you want and what role to play. the controls are similar to the Heli's in battlefield games too but it is more forgiving.

I really like this because I can pilot my Huey and manually control the door gunner. and I can upgrade the door gunners so that they fire dual M60s

the other cool thing is this game is CTF and you need troop transports to take over the bases. you can customize soldier types that you are transporting too. you drop off infantry to CTF. you can drop off mortar teams in secluded areas to bombard enemy personnel. and you can drop off MANPAD troops to shoot down enemy choppers with stingers. or you can drop off rpg troops to stop armor and PT boats from advancing

the classes of choppers are scouts (they spot personnel and call in mortar strikes), troop transports, gunships, and gunship/transport hybrids

Heliborne is right up my alley
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:18 PM 12-30-2017
The only UBIsoft game to survive in online gameplay has been RainBow 6 Seige, that game is super fucking fun though, they did a great job with improving that game.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:44 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I think I am going to take the PSVR plunge. Anyone have experience with one?
Yes....it's fun...though hooking it up/storing it away is a pain in the rear (tons of extra cords, etc.)

That said, Rush of Blood was a blast, and there seems to be quite an uptick of VR content being released over the past several months (Fallout VR as one example).

If you're into Horror games, it's definitely worth it for the experience, and there are several quality horror VR games.

It's supposedly a tick better with the PS4 Pro (but I havent played a VR game since I got the pro, so no personal experience there).
[Reply]
RedandGold 12:18 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
Sounds like your kids are at the same ages as mine, and the Switch is the way to go. My son just turned six a couple of months ago, and he’s hooked on Splatoon 2. The ability to go seamlessly from docked to portable is a huge plus, and we’ve used tabletop mode for when they’re playing each other in Mario Kart.

I have to admit, I’m having fun with it too, and I haven’t owned a gaming system since SNES.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:47 AM 01-02-2018
I never played the South Park RPG's so I bought Fractured But Whole on the Steam Sale for $30 and got Stick of Truth free. Best purchase over the holiday break. Got through Stick of Truth, can't wait to get into Fractured.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:39 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I never played the South Park RPG's so I bought Fractured But Whole on the Steam Sale for $30 and got Stick of Truth free. Best purchase over the holiday break. Got through Stick of Truth, can't wait to get into Fractured.
I laughed really hard when the spaceship crashes and they tell the people that it's just a new Taco Bell that they are building.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 256
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Up