ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2591 of 2693
« First < 1591209124912541258125872588258925902591 2592259325942595260126412691 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:31 PM 12-25-2023
i worry about patrick doing something really stupid for a lost season and hurting himself now

stop, chiefs
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:31 PM 12-25-2023
This is a long rant, because I am high, and angry, but since I decided not to kill myself, IDGAF. Mahomes has played better than every other person on the team this year, except for Butker. None of this is his fault. Period.

I think people are not understanding how bad the offensive line was today.

If any offensive lineman other than Creed or Thuney have a PFF grade over 60, it will be another nail in the PFF coffin.

Do you people not watch other games? Watch a top team, any top team, and watch their line. There is a night and day difference.

Mahomes never feels comfortable in the pocket.

MAHOMES KNOWS HE CAN'T AFFORD TO FEEL COMFORTABLE IN THE POCKET because his offensive line is always getting his ankles rolled up on, or he is getting hit low, etc.*

I don't blame him. How many times this year have you seen Mahomes wince after the line collapses and he gets hit, or a pile ends up at his feet and you think, oh shit, please don't be hurt? Too fucking many, that's how many.

Because it continues to happen over and over, he begins every play on high alert because he just expects the tackles to lose.

Then, while he is on high alert, expecting the line to break down, he looks up to see receivers doing shit they shouldn't be. Then, when they either do the right thing, or he just decides to let them make a play, they drop it, or tip it up for an interception.*

But, Mahomes has one player on offense who he is pretty sure is doing what he expects, and that person is usually a very sure ball catcher.*

HE HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO FOCUS ON KELCE. Unfortunately defenses also know he has no choice but to focus on Kelce, so they constantly double or triple him.*This leads to Kelce being exhausted all the time, and throwing helmets etc.

I think the only receivers who haven't hung Mahomes out to dry this year are James and Hardman, because they have barely played.*

Also, when some say they see people open, they are wrong. Mahomes knows the tendencies of the defenders, and he has to determine things like, hey, that LB is pretending to come up, but I know he drops on 86% of pass plays, so what we see as open, Mahomes knows they aren't actually open.

Mahomes studies hours and hours upon hours and hours of film, makes notebooks and notebooks of notes about defenders and defenses, and oh, is a 2x League MVP and SB MVP. If he doesn't throw the ball, most likely he has a really good fucking reason not to throw it, and we know Jack and Shit about why.

Mahomes has said he protects receivers. Hell, he threw an INT in the SB because he was trying to protect Hill. Maybe what we see as open, Mahomes sees as an opportunity for his player to get hurt.*

There are so many things that Mahomes has to do on every single play when we are playing great. But, when we are playing like we did today, the pressure, and the things he has to factor into every play probably double.*

Mahomes is a competitor. Or a Competitive Prick. He is getting hit all day, he scrambles and takes extra punishment because he knows he has to get the first down himself, his receivers still aren't running the correct routes or reading defenses correctly, after 15 games, and they continue to do the shit like MVS did today, and he is literally trying to put the team on his back, but his teammates keep jumping the fuck off.

He has every right to look visibly frustrated or pissed off when his teammates give the effort they did today.

Edit: Asterisks mean nothing. I am high and fat fingering my phone's keyboard.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:35 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
This is a long rant, because I am high, and angry, but since I decided not to kill myself, IDGAF. Mahomes has played better than every other person on the team this year, except for Butker. None of this is his fault. Period.

I think people are not understanding how bad the offensive line was today.

If any offensive lineman other than Creed or Thuney have a PFF grade over 60, it will be another nail in the PFF coffin.

Do you people not watch other games? Watch a top team, any top team, and watch their line. There is a night and day difference.

Mahomes never feels comfortable in the pocket.

MAHOMES KNOWS HE CAN'T AFFORD TO FEEL COMFORTABLE IN THE POCKET because his offensive line is always getting his ankles rolled up on, or he is getting hit low, etc.*

I don't blame him. How many times this year have you seen Mahomes wince after the line collapses and he gets hit, or a pile ends up at his feet and you think, oh shit, please don't be hurt? Too ****ing many, that's how many.

Because it continues to happen over and over, he begins every play on high alert because he just expects the tackles to lose.

Then, while he is on high alert, expecting the line to break down, he looks up to see receivers doing shit they shouldn't be. Then, when they either do the right thing, or he just decides to let them make a play, they drop it, or tip it up for an interception.*

But, Mahomes has one player on offense who he is pretty sure is doing what he expects, and that person is usually a very sure ball catcher.*

HE HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO FOCUS ON KELCE. Unfortunately defenses also know he has no choice but to focus on Kelce, so they constantly double or triple him.*This leads to Kelce being exhausted all the time, and throwing helmets etc.

I think the only receivers who haven't hung Mahomes out to dry this year are James and Hardman, because they have barely played.*

Also, when some say they see people open, they are wrong. Mahomes knows the tendencies of the defenders, and he has to determine things like, hey, that LB is pretending to come up, but I know he drops on 86% of pass plays, so what we see as open, Mahomes knows they aren't actually open.

Mahomes studies hours and hours upon hours and hours of film, makes notebooks and notebooks of notes about defenders and defenses, and oh, is a 2x League MVP and SB MVP. If he doesn't throw the ball, most likely he has a really good ****ing reason not to throw it, and we know Jack and Shit about why.

Mahomes has said he protects receivers. Hell, he threw an INT in the SB because he was trying to protect Hill. Maybe what we see as open, Mahomes sees as an opportunity for his player to get hurt.*

There are so many things that Mahomes has to do on every single play when we are playing great. But, when we are playing like we did today, the pressure, and the things he has to factor into every play probably double.*

Mahomes is a competitor. Or a Competitive Prick. He is getting hit all day, he scrambles and takes extra punishment because he knows he has to get the first down himself, his receivers still aren't running the correct routes or reading defenses correctly, after 15 games, and they continue to do the shit like MVS did today, and he is literally trying to put the team on his back, but his teammates keep jumping the **** off.

He has every right to look visibly frustrated or pissed off when his teammates give the effort they did today.
Your obviously high as fuck... If any rational person doesn't see that Mahomes accuracy, decision making, and hesitation wasn't a big part of the problem today, then you are clueless. Again, I have more faith in him to clean this up than anyone.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:36 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i worry about patrick doing something really stupid for a lost season and hurting himself now

stop, chiefs
You need to change your user.

The Creature demands it
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:38 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
You need to change your user.

The Creature demands it
no sir

the party doesn't end for many years
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:02 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Your obviously high as fuck... If any rational person doesn't see that Mahomes accuracy, decision making, and hesitation wasn't a big part of the problem today, then you are clueless. Again, I have more faith in him to clean this up than anyone.
You are missing the entire point. If it looks like Mahomes played poorly, it's because no one else is even playing good enough to be said to be playing poorly.

Any mistake, or error Mahomes makes is because he knows he has to be the cure-all for the offense. If even one of the tackles was competent today, or Reid & Nagy didn't call such a shit game, or Nagy didn't take Rice out for extended periods, or if Kelce could have not dropped two passes etc.

Mahomes isn't perfect. No one thinks he is. But saying he had anything to do with the loss is ridiculous. Was he responsible for losing to the Bucs in the SB? Fuck no.

He cannot be held to his 2018 - 2023 standard, when his offensive team is playing like the Herm Edwards/Todd Haley/Romeo Crennel teams. What do you people expect from him.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:11 PM 12-25-2023
You are missing the entire point. If it looks like Mahomes played poorly, it's because no one else is even playing good enough to be said to be playing poorly.

Any mistake, or error Mahomes makes is because he knows he has to be the cure-all for the offense. If even one of the tackles was competent today, or Reid & Nagy didn't call such a shit game, or Nagy didn't take Rice out for extended periods, or if Kelce could have not dropped two passes etc.

Mahomes isn't perfect. No one thinks he is. But saying he had anything to do with the loss is ridiculous. Was he responsible for losing to the Bucs in the SB? **** no.

He cannot be held to his 2018 - 2023 standard, when his offensive team is playing like the Herm Edwards/Todd Haley/Romeo Crennel teams. What do you people expect from him.
He was 100% responsible for the Pick 6 today, so he definitely takes some major blame. And he was involved on the fumble TD play as well, though I think Andy Reid and the other player deserve some of the blame too. Swings in favor of Raiders:

Mahomes - Blame him for 10 of 14 points handed to Vegas
Andy/RB fumble - Blame them for 4 of 14 points handed to Vegas
Butker - Blame him for missing an easy 3 pointer for KC
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:20 PM 12-25-2023

Mahomes isn't perfect. No one thinks he is. But saying he had anything to do with the loss is ridiculous. Was he responsible for losing to the Bucs in the SB? Fuck no.

I know you followed that with "he can't be held to the previous standard", buuut... he looked like an entirely different quarterback that game.

He had no offensive line, the Bucs were blowing up the short stuff, his most reliable receivers were dropping shit and having balls go through their hands... and he was still locked in and flinging it all over the field.

Today he seemed to be second guessing himself quite a bit or looking at one read and then taking off; when in the past he's looking downfield until the very last second. He was off today, regardless of what was happening around him, IMO.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:25 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I know you followed that with "he can't be held to the previous standard", buuut... he looked like an entirely different quarterback that game.

He had no offensive line, the Bucs were blowing up the short stuff, his most reliable receivers were dropping shit and having balls go through their hands... and he was still locked in and flinging it all over the field.

Today he seemed to be second guessing himself quite a bit or looking at one read and then taking off; when in the past he's looking downfield until the very last second. He was off today, regardless of what was happening around him, IMO.
He doesn't seem to trust his line or recievers at this point. I don't see how this gets fixed this season.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:30 PM 12-25-2023
Patrick was bad today. It was one of the worst games of his career (2021 Titans and Bills come to mind). We can point that out AND point out that our receivers, our line, our coaching and Butker were also god awful.

I’m beating a dead horse this season; today was a complete system failure. Patrick wasn’t the only part of that, but definitely contributed his share.

Patrick had trust issues with his tackles in 2021. He has shown he can overcome these issues before the playoffs. I do think he does get inside his own head and when that happens it’s difficult for him to snap out of in a game. I don’t quite get what triggers that. He threw 2 bad interceptions against the Niners but rocked out down 10 with WASP and that laser to Sammy in SB54, but after getting walled at the goal line against the Bengals he imploded while up 11 to lose the Championship game.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:34 PM 12-25-2023

Mahomes isn't perfect. No one thinks he is. But saying he had anything to do with the loss is ridiculous. Was he responsible for losing to the Bucs in the SB? **** no.

No, it didn't look like Mahomes played poorly, he did play poorly. In the Superbowl, he was flinging it despite the lack of talent and mistakes from other groups. Today, he was a bigger part of the problem. The good news is, I have more faith in him to get through a bad game like this than any other Chief.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:36 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He was 100% responsible for the Pick 6 today, so he definitely takes some major blame. And he was involved on the fumble TD play as well, though I think Andy Reid and the other player deserve some of the blame too. Swings in favor of Raiders:

And Patrick got incredibly lucky on the horrible decision to throw it on the interception that was overturned. Despite this, we still could have won this game. I would still never count Patrick out in the playoffs, period. Also, we seem to be playing better on the road than at home right now...
[Reply]
DRM08 10:43 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
And Patrick got incredibly lucky on the horrible decision to throw it on the interception that was overturned. Despite this, we still could have won this game. I would still never count Patrick out in the playoffs, period. Also, we seem to be playing better on the road than at home right now...
Yeah, that was a terrible play for sure. But you gotta say it kind of evens out. Last week he had a perfect throw to Toney that somehow ends up an interception. If it’s not one thing, it’s something else with these guys every week. Even Butker jumped in on the poop show action today after a perfect season.
[Reply]
ku_jhawk23 10:53 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
He ran directly at 25 and then ran step for step with him the rest of the way but according to iowahawkeyechief, that was an easy completion Mahomes and is a throw made multiple times a game around the league :-)
Iowahawkeyechief isn't wrong. Mahomes is in a funk. He missed many open throws today. I'm tired of hearing about the scrambles....maybe stop dropping back 10 on every play. Mahomes is great...one of the best in the league, but why won't anyone actually talk about the possibility that he is part of the problem? On the game today, Romo went to talk about how Mahomes scramble were because no one was open, then shows clips of the play of Kelce, Rice and MVS wide open. We can't talk about him being a superstar to thread a needle when they show Kelce waving with no one in the picture with him.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:35 PM 12-25-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:

I blame the pick 6 on Nagy, Reid, and receivers not being able to get open quickly.

Nagy, and presumably Reid, have fallen in love with plays aimed at the sidelines.

Every single game they throw consecutive passes to the sidelines. Without Kelce getting open in the middle of the field, and without Reid and Nagy running slants and crossers, Mahomes has no choice but to take quick throws to the sidelines.

Defenses watch film too. All year I have been saying the pick 6 is coming, because it almost feels like that sideline throw is now the design of the offense.

Again, WTF do you people expect from Mahomes. Maybe leading the sad bunch of receivers to a ring last year was the worse thing he has done in his career. Now, jabronis and GMs alike think Mahomes only needs practice squad caliber receivers to win.
[Reply]
Page 2591 of 2693
« First < 1591209124912541258125872588258925902591 2592259325942595260126412691 > Last »
Up