ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1873 of 2693
« First < 873137317731823186318691870187118721873 18741875187618771883192319732373 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Bowser 01:20 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Rob Nincompoop

HEY ROB CHECK THIS OUT

[Reply]
eDave 01:26 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Andoverer:
If I was Boulevard, right now this very minute I'd start developing a new light beer and call it Mahomes Magic. Then they could
Wrap a new can around Zima and call it White Claw. Wait, they did that. Maybe put it in a red can with Pat's face and number on it.

$1gazillion.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:29 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Pretty clearly a paid advertisement. Hell, if you pay me enough ****ing RC Cola will taste good.
Heh. Reminds me of the Booty Sweat in Tropic Thunder...:-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:32 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nah. He doesn’t need to worry about money from ads. He’s already repping like 10 different brands and clearly doesn’t need the money.

Tell that piss beer company to **** off and start repping Boulevard damnit!
You don't like Colorado beer so instead you want him to rep a Netherlands beer?
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:09 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
You don't like Colorado beer so instead you want him to rep a Netherlands beer?
I think it's more he doesn't like watery cheap mega beer companies, so instead he wants Pat to rep widely-distributed-higher-quality-but-not-as-popular beer companies instead.

If Pat signed a deal with New Belgium, I'm sure people would be fine with that. I don't know why Pat would, but at least the product is decent compared to Coors.

Pat has a bigger problem than Coors, I think. He needs to get out of those State Farm commercials. God, those things are horrible.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:13 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Oof. Rare L from Pat. Quit repping this trash Denver piss beer

Come on Pat, Coors Light? You can do better.
[Reply]
eDave 02:22 PM 07-09-2020

[Reply]
DaFace 03:44 PM 07-09-2020
I'm still just not convinced that Jackson will hold up physically. If you ignore that, you can TRY to make the argument that Jackson could be more dynamic (if you think the run game can open up everything else), but it's sure hard for me to ignore the injury possibilities.
[Reply]
Pants 03:46 PM 07-09-2020
Maybe things change, but as of right now, if you're given a choice of any young quarterback for a new franchise or an existing one, picking Lamar over Pat is asinine.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:48 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm still just not convinced that Jackson will hold up physically. If you ignore that, you can TRY to make the argument that Jackson could be more dynamic (if you think the run game can open up everything else), but it's sure hard for me to ignore the injury possibilities.
He doesn't get hit hard that often.

But where I'd worry as a Ravens fan is that sudden cut where the knee just doesn't hold up.

I don't think a hit will be what ultimately gives him his first major injury. It'll be some kind of non-contact thing. A foot will slip/stick while cutting and that'll be that for the year. And when that happens, he'll probably never run with the same confidence again.

He just doesn't have that compact, powerful build that RBs do that allows them to make those quick cuts relatively safely. He's longer; he's all legs and levers and he's willing to make some awfully aggressive moves to get himself into space.

As you noted - some guys are just freaks and maybe he's one of 'em. But most guys that do those kinds of unpredictable hard stabs, especially with their center of gravity a little higher like Jacksons will be, are going to be prone to that one bad step.
[Reply]
eDave 03:51 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Maybe things change, but as of right now, if you're given a choice of any young quarterback for a new franchise or an existing one, picking Lamar over Pat is asinine.
Of course. But someone always has to be the contrarian. Everyone is fucked for a long time. We'll see more of this kind of thing. We are already at the the point where Lock is going to surpass Mahomes and the best. Let that sink in for a bit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:51 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
If you think that Lamar's style will have him out of gas by 30ish, you can make a pretty strong case for Wilson over Jackson, 9 year age-difference be damned. Watson would be the other obvious candidate.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:52 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He doesn't get hit hard that often.

But where I'd worry as a Ravens fan is that sudden cut where the knee just doesn't hold up.

I don't think a hit will be what ultimately gives him his first major injury. It'll be some kind of non-contact thing. A foot will slip/stick while cutting and that'll be that for the year. And when that happens, he'll probably never run with the same confidence again.

He just doesn't have that compact, powerful build that RBs do that allows them to make those quick cuts relatively safely. He's longer; he's all legs and levers and he's willing to make some awfully aggressive moves to get himself into space.

As you noted - some guys are just freaks and maybe he's one of 'em. But most guys that do those kinds of unpredictable hard stabs, especially with their center of gravity a little higher like Jacksons will be, are going to be prone to that one bad step.
Yep, the juke moves might be a bigger threat for injury with Lamar. Deshaun Watson messed up his knee with no physical contact during practice. All it takes is one weird step to mess up an ankle or knee.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:52 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If you think that Lamar's style will have him out of gas by 30ish, you can make a pretty strong case for Wilson over Jackson, 9 year age-difference be damned. Watson would be the other obvious candidate.
I don’t want Jackson to lead my franchise because he hasn’t shown the ability to throw outside the hashes and he folds in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:59 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I don’t want Jackson to lead my franchise because he hasn’t shown the ability to throw outside the hashes and he folds in the playoffs.
There is zero chance Lamar hits Watkins in stride down 3 in the Super Bowl like Patrick did. If the Ravens ever did themselves into a hole (like they did against the Titans). They need a way to climb out - I don’t see that on their current roster (which, in a way, is how I always felt about the Alex Smith led offenses in KC).
[Reply]
Page 1873 of 2693
« First < 873137317731823186318691870187118721873 18741875187618771883192319732373 > Last »
Up