ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 71
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Media Center>What Are You Spinning? Cont.
eDave 08:45 PM 02-05-2019
Rabble's thread has become extremely slow to load and post so I'm starting a new one while the other will be locked.

As rabble is no longer with us (cough), I have been authorized to post in his stead.

Perhaps we can add a full description of the video then post a direct link in an effort to forego the issues in the original thread.

Let's hear what your hearing.

Link to the original - https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314922
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:42 PM 03-11-2021
New Vektor/Cryptosis split

[Reply]
Pablo 08:53 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
New Vektor/Cryptosis split

I'm gonna buy a thrash/metal/wtfever vinyl in your honor. What do you suggest in the way of mainstream-ish shit that I can find at a record store in KC? The hunt is most of the fun after all. Keep in mind I thoroughly enjoy your "Breathe Grease" for the song alone(video is the tits though) and I do enjoy some stoner doom stuff.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:23 AM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I'm gonna buy a thrash/metal/wtfever vinyl in your honor. What do you suggest in the way of mainstream-ish shit that I can find at a record store in KC? The hunt is most of the fun after all. Keep in mind I thoroughly enjoy your "Breathe Grease" for the song alone(video is the tits though) and I do enjoy some stoner doom stuff.
I'd seek out Power Trip which shouldn't be too elusive. Both studio albums, Manifest Decimation and Nightmare Logic, are some of the best modern thrash to come out.

Other modern thrash bands you can't really go wrong with (no particular order):

Warbringer
Municipal Waste (Breathe Grease)
Iron Reagan (shares the same vocalist as Municipal Waste)
Lazarus A.D.
Toxic Holocaust
Vektor (more on the progressive metal side of thrash)
Lich King
Havok
Evile

EDIT: I should caveat this by saying I'm not sure if all these bands have releases on vinyl. Seems over the years metal was fully entrenched in releasing to CD while punk/hardcore always stayed with vinyl. Seems as little as a few years ago there were only a limited number of plants in the US even doing pressings. That's likely changed though with the resurgence in vinyl. A lot of these older metal releases are likely being reissued on vinyl if not originally.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:52 AM 03-12-2021
Thank you kindly for the thoughtful advice.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:34 PM 03-12-2021
Just want to point out, WalMart actually has some exclusive Metallica pressings of the first 5 albums on colored vinyl that are highly sought after and getting sold out and as a result are catching good prices online. I have a tub of Justice and Black Albums that I still have to sit on, as it seems more of those got pressed than the first 3...but I have sold all the copies of the first 3 and used the profits as a down payment for a fucking car...

so go to WalMart and pick up some colored Metallica vinyl. Mastered by Chirs Bellman, they sounds AMAZING and if you decide you don't want it or run into a money crunch they'll only appreciate in value (as long as they're still in great condition)
[Reply]
Pablo 12:46 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Just want to point out, WalMart actually has some exclusive Metallica pressings of the first 5 albums on colored vinyl that are highly sought after and getting sold out and as a result are catching good prices online. I have a tub of Justice and Black Albums that I still have to sit on, as it seems more of those got pressed than the first 3...but I have sold all the copies of the first 3 and used the profits as a down payment for a fucking car...

so go to WalMart and pick up some colored Metallica vinyl. Mastered by Chirs Bellman, they sounds AMAZING and if you decide you don't want it or run into a money crunch they'll only appreciate in value (as long as they're still in great condition)
I've got the regular ol And Justice and Ride already but I'll keep my eye out. Wouldn't mind stumbling across this.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:53 PM 03-12-2021
I've got the regular ol And Justice and Ride already but I'll keep my eye out. Wouldn't mind stumbling across this.
Yessir. I kept one copy of each of the first 3 albums. Master of Puppets DOMINATES on vinyl. Fucking Cliff, man...

Highly recommended.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:34 PM 03-12-2021
10 minutes into this and wanted to share, its a bit long for this place but what else are you doing for the next 45 minutes?

These guys were unreal, I'll be damned if Keenan doesn't have a uniquely intense presence about him

:-)

[Reply]
Pablo 06:19 PM 03-12-2021
Yessir. I kept one copy of each of the first 3 albums. Master of Puppets DOMINATES on vinyl. Fucking Cliff, man...

Highly recommended.
Yeah, that's the one I really want. I'd be fine with Kill Em All, but if I have the couple I have plus MOP I'll be satisfied with my Metallica collection.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:20 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
10 minutes into this and wanted to share, its a bit long for this place but what else are you doing for the next 45 minutes?

These guys were unreal, I'll be damned if Keenan doesn't have a uniquely intense presence about him

:-)

They're very good live. I'd recommend seeing them if you get the chance. Really just about seeing Danny Carey do the shit he does in person IMO.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:33 PM 03-12-2021
Yeah, that's the one I really want. I'd be fine with Kill Em All, but if I have the couple I have plus MOP I'll be satisfied with my Metallica collection.
I kept a copy of the Black Album back for myself, it sounded great - but I haven't heard it in so long, songs like "Through the Never" and "My Friend of Misery" were standouts, so I'm glad to have it (I mean...) So I have the first 5, Jump In the Fire 12" and the newest, Hardwired to Self-Destruct on red vinyl. I'd be cool with a reasonably priced Garage Days or Garage Inc, those songs were the shit. "The Wait", "Helpless", "Crash Course in Brain Surgery"...I used to slam those mother****ers.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:35 PM 03-12-2021
I kept a copy of the Black Album back for myself, it sounded great - but I haven't heard it in so long, songs like "Through the Never" and "My Friend of Misery" were standouts, so I'm glad to have it (I mean...) So I have the first 5, Jump In the Fire 12" and the newest, Hardwired to Self-Destruct on red vinyl. I'd be cool with a reasonably priced Garage Days or Garage Inc, those songs were the shit. "The Wait", "Helpless", "Crash Course in Brain Surgery"...I used to slam those mother****ers.
Black album was one of the first ones I ran thru as a 9 year old or so. Sitting in front of my dad's reciever playing that CD and Supertramp and Queensryche as loud as my little ears could take it. You have S&M on vinyl? Dunno if live albums are worth or not.

LOL I think I'm gonna purchase this for shits and grins:

https://www.target.com/p/queensryche...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:37 PM 03-12-2021
They're very good live. I'd recommend seeing them if you get the chance. Really just about seeing Danny Carey do the shit he does in person IMO.
Finished that a few minutes ago, it just kept building and building and getting more intense, spiraling further out of control by the minute

No band is ever really better than when they're just breaking out, and yes they definitely qualify as Bucket List even now
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:43 PM 03-12-2021
Black album was one of the first ones I ran thru as a 9 year old or so. Sitting in front of my dad's reciever playing that CD and Supertramp and Queensryche as loud as my little ears could take it. You have S&M on vinyl? Dunno if live albums are worth or not.

LOL I think I'm gonna purchase this for shits and grins:

https://www.target.com/p/queensryche...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
I LOVE Crime of the Century and Breakfast In America. And i don't have S&M on vinyl but I if came across it for the right price, I'd grab it - I really like 'No Leaf Clover" and that version of "Ktulu" is fantastic. Metal and symphony orchestras actually go together extremely well...
[Reply]
Pablo 07:03 PM 03-12-2021
I LOVE Crime of the Century and Breakfast In America. And i don't have S&M on vinyl but I if came across it for the right price, I'd grab it - I really like 'No Leaf Clover" and that version of "Ktulu" is fantastic. Metal and symphony orchestras actually go together extremely well...
Yeah I got an original BIA at Vinyl Undergroud at 7th Heaven for $9 a few weeks ago. Plays great, very minimal surface noise for a 45 year old record. Sadly the Jethro Tull Heavy Horses I got was trash, but for $7 it's worth the display art.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 71
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up