ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 207
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
A8bil 11:49 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
That 1920 is great stuff. Well worth the price.

Is that Lagavulin 12 the really smokey stuff. I think that's what I had once at a friend's and the smoke taste was too much for me to enjoy. It was very unique though. Unlike anything I've ever tasted.
Nah...you're thinking of the 16 year, which is very peaty with lots of phenols. The 12 is a special edition that is lighter on the peat but perhaps a bit stronger on the phenols. Reminds me of a Springbank 15 year in some ways. Great dram.

And I agree, High West making some good products.
[Reply]
srvy 05:45 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
He’s going to find it as a 16 year old and use it to make whiskey Mt. Dew’s with his buds while you’re on a well deserved weekend getaway with his mom. Welcome to parenthood :-)
Old Grand Dad 100 BIB and Mello Yello is a pretty good mix even to this old man.
[Reply]
srvy 05:50 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
I know it's not a bourbon, but this was mighty tasty last night. Damn near polished off a whole 750.
I cleaned the shelf at Walmart neighborhood market last summer when Walmart culled the shelfs of upper shelf Whiskeys. It was closed out at 15 bucks a bottle. Cant beat that although Costco sells Redemption Rye at a little over 13 bucks which in my opinion for mixed drinks is no slouch.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:56 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Makers is decent bud. No judgement here. Their private select is good if you want to upgrade. Or even their cask strength.
Maker's 46 is quite tasty as well.
[Reply]
srvy 06:00 PM 05-09-2018
The popularity of small batch bourbons has made finding old favorites once plentiful a futile waste of gas and effort. I can find all the Bookers I want around town but its better brother Bakers 107 is non existent. Also Rowan's Creek and Noah's Mill has disappeared in the KC area where it used to be plentiful.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:14 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
The popularity of small batch bourbons has made finding old favorites once plentiful a futile waste of gas and effort. I can find all the Bookers I want around town but its better brother Bakers 107 is non existent. Also Rowan's Creek and Noah's Mill has disappeared in the KC area where it used to be plentiful.
I prefer Booker's over Baker's, personally.
[Reply]
srvy 06:27 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I wont push either away just have a strong preference for the latter.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:55 PM 05-09-2018
Bookers gets you pretty fucked up after just a few
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:01 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
I wont push either away just have a strong preference for the latter.
And I was by no means arguing with your taste, we like what we like.

Tonight I have decided a little Wathen's is in order. I haven't dipped into this stuff in some time.

[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:01 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Bookers gets you pretty fucked up after just a few
If you have the tolerance of a teenage girl perhaps.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:11 PM 05-09-2018
And I was by no means arguing with your taste, we like what we like.

Tonight I have decided a little Wathen's is in order. I haven't dipped into this stuff in some time.

Have you had the Wathen’s Barrel Proof?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:26 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I have not had that, assumed, pleasure.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:33 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I have and enjoyed it. Granted, I don't know shit and after reading up on Wathen's, I was a bit turned off by their lack of process disclosures and their reviews sucked, but damn if I didn't like what I've had from them. On the sweet side, imo.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:35 PM 05-09-2018
I have not had that, assumed, pleasure.
Give it a try, if you can find it. I got it as a birthday present this year (about 3 months ago) and enjoyed the shit out of it.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:36 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I have and enjoyed it. Granted, I don't know shit and after reading up on Wathen's, I was a bit turned off by their lack of process disclosures and their reviews sucked, but damn if I didn't like what I've had from them. On the sweet side, imo.
When I’m drinking, I go by the adage, Love is Blind :-)
[Reply]
Page 69 of 207
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up