ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 207
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
lewdog 08:14 PM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Hey Lewdog, I have an idea: how would you like to lead a bourbon tasting for the Phoenix Meetup group? You are certainly getting into the Bourbon Connoisseur level.

Select maybe 5-7 to taste over the course of an evening and we can all meet at Bourbon and Bones in Old Town or a similar place and do a tasting with your narration.

Thoughts?
You're giving me way too much credit. I just like bourbon.

Maybe after we get through the holidays I can get out on a Saturday and join you guys somewhere. Work has been hellish lately so sometime in January will likely be best.
[Reply]
shitgoose 08:50 PM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
What's retail price of that these days? I saw a bottle of EC 18 on the shelf at a Total Wine a couple years ago and it was something like $140 or $160. I remember looking it up and seeing that that was actually a good price for it compared to the secondary pricing at most stores. I still passed on it. I later tried a pour of it somewhere and was glad I passed. It was solid - just not worth over $100 to me.
It was $160
[Reply]
Strongside 11:22 PM 12-19-2019
Scored a bottle of ORVW through a friend in Phoenix this morning - for RETAIL at Costco. According to his guy only Lexington and Phoenix got 10 bottles each. He’s not a big bourbon guy (scotch drinker), but I’m giving him a nice finders fee.

Look at this receipt.

[Reply]
shitgoose 06:42 AM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Scored a bottle of ORVW through a friend in Phoenix this morning - for RETAIL at Costco. According to his guy only Lexington and Phoenix got 10 bottles each. He’s not a big bourbon guy (scotch drinker), but I’m giving him a nice finders fee.

Look at this receipt.

Now that's a hell of a deal. Wow
[Reply]
lewdog 06:48 AM 12-20-2019

Look at this receipt.

It pays to know people in this game. Wow.
[Reply]
scho63 09:48 AM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You're giving me way too much credit. I just like bourbon.

Maybe after we get through the holidays I can get out on a Saturday and join you guys somewhere. Work has been hellish lately so sometime in January will likely be best.
That would be good.

Hopefully by then eDave will be back from being MIA or else we may need to send out the Batsignal.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:51 AM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
It was $160
What liquor store did you buy that at in Wichita?
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 12:00 PM 12-20-2019

Look at this receipt.

I've seen sweet deals at Costco but never like that. I picked up the Makers Generations of Proof gift box that Lew mentioned earlier in this thread. It's well worth the $70 price. The private selection bottle in that set is my favorite one.

On the scotch side, I saw a box that had a bottle of Glenfiddich 14 year bourbon barrel and a bottle of Glenfiddich 15 year solera for $70. I should have bought it but I was too budy stocking up on Lagavulin 16 for $65.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:16 PM 12-20-2019
The rest of us (just me) have a case of Eagle Rare in the cabinet and still stoop to trying $17.99 handle bottles of early Buffalo Trace made swill from Walmart under the name of Stedman's Select 3yr 86 proof. a bit of burn but light sour mash set in slightly charred oak.

These guys all have UTube channels...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRg966Ql_tM
[Reply]
shitgoose 12:51 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
What liquor store did you buy that at in Wichita?
Not in Wichita. Culver's in McPherson
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 02:46 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I'll be down there from the 30th to the 5th and from the 17th on. Let's make this happen.
Are you moving?
[Reply]
phisherman 02:54 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
The rest of us (just me) have a case of Eagle Rare in the cabinet and still stoop to trying $17.99 handle bottles of early Buffalo Trace made swill from Walmart under the name of Stedman's Select 3yr 86 proof. a bit of burn but light sour mash set in slightly charred oak.

These guys all have UTube channels...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRg966Ql_tM
Are you seriously humble bragging about a box of Eagle Rare? And not only that but then backing it up by humble bragging about drinking 3 year old rotgut that's being sold off by Sazerac for being off-profile and not making the cut for Buffalo Trace?

I'm confused.
[Reply]
RockChalk 03:25 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Are you seriously humble bragging about a box of Eagle Rare? And not only that but then backing it up by humble bragging about drinking 3 year old rotgut that's being sold off by Sazerac for being off-profile and not making the cut for Buffalo Trace?

I'm confused.
Nothing to be confused about, he's an annoying shithead plaguing this board. He and Ubeja are closely related
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:59 PM 12-20-2019
The last time the Wifey and me were in the Highlands of Scotland (early last year) I was served this: Aberfeldy 12 Year Old. Holy shit!!!! Wish I could find it here in the states...
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:06 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
The last time the Wifey and me were in the Highlands of Scotland (early last year) I was served this: Aberfeldy 12 Year Old. Holy shit!!!! Wish I could find it here in the states...
I think I have that. I'll check tomorrow.
[Reply]
Page 119 of 207
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169 > Last »
Up