ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 196 of 205
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
FloridaMan88 10:46 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
NFL owners have zero leverage anymore. Neither does Goodell.

It’s over
Time for a reality check...

1) The players are explicitly prohibited from striking under the terms of the new CBA.

2) If they do strike, the CBA is voided and the players will eventually be forced to accept a worse CBA and stand to lose millions $$$.

Knowing this reality, a small % of the collective union would agree to strike which would make it an epic fail.
Deberg_1990 10:49 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
A master class example of why nothing truly meaningful or productive happens during demonstrations like these. Shits not going your way, just take your ball and pout in the corner of the room.
If he truly wanted to meet with the President , federal government reps, local government reps or whoever, he absolutely could. He’s LeBron James. But instead he acts like a child with anyone who doesn’t share the same views. I hope he does attempt to get real change done instead of pouting. He absolutely could use his stardom and platform for change. I doubt he ever truly will though.
dirk digler 10:58 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
If he truly wanted to meet with the President , federal government reps, local government reps or whoever, he absolutely could. He’s LeBron James. But instead he acts like a child with anyone who doesn’t share the same views. I hope he does attempt to get real change done instead of pouting. He absolutely could use his stardom and platform for change. I doubt he ever truly will though.
This is false. He spends a ton of money in his community and has his own school for kids, pays for their education etc. Also started a huge voting drive and Mahomes is joining him.
Rams Fan 11:02 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Dirk digler responded already, but you are 100% incorrect.

LeBron funds an elementary school in Akron and any student who meet certain academic requirements is eligible to have a full ride scholarship to the University of Akron.
KC_Connection 11:03 AM 08-27-2020
So cooler heads prevailed after all. That was tens of millions of dollars that would have been losing had they not.
Deberg_1990 11:06 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
This is false. He spends a ton of money in his community and has his own school for kids, pays for their education etc. Also started a huge voting drive and Mahomes is joining him.
I think that’s wonderful.

I meant he needs to sit sown and talk with our political leadership. Not just like minded leadership. Sit down like a grownup and talk with Dems and Repubs alike. Discuss, compromise, etc. that’s how you get true change.
KC_Connection 11:06 AM 08-27-2020
We shouldn't let facts get in the way of the raging LeBron hate here. He's proven to be a hypocrite in regard to his China actions (as the entire league and all of its players similarly have been because of $$$), but there shouldn't be any doubt that he's been using his money and influence for change in his career.
eDave 11:07 AM 08-27-2020
I took his point to be that he can be a great arbitrator straight to Trump and isn't seizing the opportunity to be listened too and actually broker change. I understood and had empathy with them but they've attempted nothing other than railing. It's time to end. They lost me.
DJ's left nut 11:12 AM 08-27-2020
They used to just call that 'electioneering'.

I guess now it's inherently noble.

As to his school - it's about 80% taxpayer funded (through reallocation of money already in the district budget) and the remainder is paid by his foundation.

Not him, mind you, his charitable foundation. That's not his money - it's money donated to him for charitable purposes that he almost certainly has no direct access to anyway (yet almost certainly has some buddies on the payroll for).

Lebron's a fraud and always has been.

Now go make my sneakers, kid.
DJ's left nut 11:13 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Dirk digler responded already, but you are 100% incorrect.

LeBron funds an elementary school in Akron and any student who meet certain academic requirements is eligible to have a full ride scholarship to the University of Akron.
Paid for by the University of Akron (maybe...in a few more years). Not by his foundation and most certainly not by Lebron.
Sassy Squatch 11:15 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
We shouldn't let facts get in the way of the raging LeBron hate here. He's proven to be a hypocrite in regard to his China actions (as the entire league and all of its players similarly have been because of $$$), but there shouldn't be any doubt that he's been using his money and influence for change in his career.
Doesn't change the fact he's a completely ineffective leader who couldn't have face planted much harder regarding his role in this boycott/strike/demonstration.
htismaqe 11:15 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They used to just call that 'electioneering'.

I guess now it's inherently noble.
It's only noble if you vote for the candidates they want. Otherwise, it's racist.
PAChiefsGuy 11:17 AM 08-27-2020
Doesnt LeBron also use child slave labor via Nike to enrich himself with his shoes?
DJ's left nut 11:18 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's only noble if you vote for the candidates they want. Otherwise, it's racist.
Yeah, I'm sure Patrick will get right on that voter turnout drive in Butler County...

The shit people will try to convince themselves of...
KC_Connection 11:19 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Doesn't change the fact he's a completely ineffective leader who couldn't have face planted much harder regarding his role in this boycott/strike/demonstration.
Well that depends on if he was actually trying to effect a boycott/strike last night. His actions today suggest that wasn’t the case after all.
Page 196 of 205
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200 > Last »
Up