ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 37
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Media Center>Kodi Add Ons?
laser1972 10:26 AM 01-06-2016
I can do the search, but mostly its a lot of info, thought this qould be quicker..

I bought a box off the net and put Phoenix on there which I used most of the time, all other like Genesis, etc are gone.

Anyone else got some more add ons to add?.. Mostly for movies and tv shows.. Maybe NFL ticket?

Thanks to alL!
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:35 PM 05-20-2017
Fish,

I set up a firestick for a friend and after about a week, he ran into a unique problem.

It's an older firestick. Probably 2+ years old. Anyway, it worked perfectly well until this problem occurred:

The home page wouldn't load. Not a huge problem, so he went to the applications function. Except the remote wouldn't open that function. It would roll over settings.
I set it back to factory settings and started over. Same thing after a week. Home page wouldn't load and it wouldn't allow access to the applications function.

I've googled it and searched through tv Addons without a solution. It's not a huge deal, but I love solving these little issues.

In the meantime, I had him purchase a new one and loaded it for him, so all is good.

Curious if you might have some insight on this.
[Reply]
Fish 10:30 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Fish,

I set up a firestick for a friend and after about a week, he ran into a unique problem.

It's an older firestick. Probably 2+ years old. Anyway, it worked perfectly well until this problem occurred:

The home page wouldn't load. Not a huge problem, so he went to the applications function. Except the remote wouldn't open that function. It would roll over settings.
I set it back to factory settings and started over. Same thing after a week. Home page wouldn't load and it wouldn't allow access to the applications function.

I've googled it and searched through tv Addons without a solution. It's not a huge deal, but I love solving these little issues.

In the meantime, I had him purchase a new one and loaded it for him, so all is good.

Curious if you might have some insight on this.
Haven't heard of that kind of thing exactly. Which makes me suspect faulty hardware. I'd recommend complaining to Amazon and asking for a replacement.
[Reply]
wutamess 01:48 PM 05-22-2017
Fish, what do you think of the StreamSmart devices? I heard the don't use KODI but actually better as you can stream all live TV channels.
[Reply]
Fish 02:12 PM 05-22-2017
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Fish, what do you think of the StreamSmart devices? I heard the don't use KODI but actually better as you can stream all live TV channels.
Avoid that shit scam like the plague. Complete waste of money.

It's just a fully loaded KODI box. It's running a forked version of KODI, which causes all kinds of problems down the road. They steal the open source version of KODI and tweak it with their own settings, which is a great way to break things when the KODI main branch is updated. They overcharge by hundreds of dollars, and give you roughly the same hardware you'd get with a FireTV. Their claim of free lifetime live TV is bullshit. They promise free TV, but they use a paid external service called ChannelUP TV. It's a paid pirate TV stream service. You're basically paying someone who's hosting pirated streams from others. The quality is rarely better than what you'd find with other free services. They make no guarantee of performance, and have no control over the sources at all. In addition, there's no guarantee that ChannelUp TV won't be shut down tomorrow, and you sure won't get any money back if that happens. These box sellers are absolute scammers.

You will never receive all live TV channels for free. Live TV streaming is frustrating and unreliable, even with paid services like ChannelUP TV. Regardless, you can get the same ChannelUp TV on any device running KODI if you want to try that. It's not exclusive to StreamSmart devices. You can get a lifetime membership to ChannelUp for $149. Which is what you're paying for in the price of the StreamSmart devices. You're much better off just paying for your own membership to ChannelUp and buying a FireTV. But still, you'd be frustrated with the Live TV setup, I guarantee it.
[Reply]
thabear04 12:30 AM 05-23-2017
Im looking on getting an upgrade from Firestick to Firetv but I heard about this box called the standard inc box.
[Reply]
Fish 11:55 AM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by thabear04:
Im looking on getting an upgrade from Firestick to Firetv but I heard about this box called the standard inc box.
Again, that's just another android box seller that includes a subscription to paid pirate streaming service. If you want paid pirate streaming service, then purchase that separately and add it to a FireTV.

What these box sellers do is sell you a pre-loaded box and give you shared credentials for a paid pirate streaming service. Then the performance becomes dependent on the number of streamers using that. The more popular that gets, the worse the streams become. They make all kinds of promises, and then you can't find a stream for what you're looking for, and realize that there's no way to even contact the seller other than their Facebook page. And you can't update the software yourself, because it's a 3rd party fork of KODI. Live streams in KODI require constant almost daily updates, to keep up with website providers' API hosting changes. These box sellers do not keep up with that.
[Reply]
thabear04 12:06 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Again, that's just another android box seller that includes a subscription to paid pirate streaming service. If you want paid pirate streaming service, then purchase that separately and add it to a FireTV.

What these box sellers do is sell you a pre-loaded box and give you shared credentials for a paid pirate streaming service. Then the performance becomes dependent on the number of streamers using that. The more popular that gets, the worse the streams become. They make all kinds of promises, and then you can't find a stream for what you're looking for, and realize that there's no way to even contact the seller other than their Facebook page. And you can't update the software yourself, because it's a 3rd party fork of KODI. Live streams in KODI require constant almost daily updates, to keep up with website providers' API hosting changes. These box sellers do not keep up with that.
Thanks for the info Fish.
[Reply]
Sorce 01:50 PM 05-23-2017
I side loaded it onto my fire stick last night, some of the addons had no text just folders, anyone encountered this before? Wondering if uninstalling and re-installing them would work.
[Reply]
Fish 02:04 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Sorce:
I side loaded it onto my fire stick last night, some of the addons had no text just folders, anyone encountered this before? Wondering if uninstalling and re-installing them would work.
How are you adding your addons? I'd highly recommend using Indigo\Addon Installer, as it will also check for any dependencies that particular addons need in addition to the addon itself. Your issue sounds like a missing dependency.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:20 PM 05-23-2017
Has any of you heard of or tried the Entertainment Box T8 V? I read up and bought one. Paid $150 for it It came with a mini keyboard and remote. Looked like the best value for the money. This is my first time with a TV box of any kind so I wouls like some feedback and input on how to improve my experience. I am reading through this thread from the start and gaining lots of useful information. Here is a link to my box

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/t8-...pps-octa-core/
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:25 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Has any of you heard of or tried the Entertainment Box T8 V? I read up and bought one. Paid $150 for it It came with a mini keyboard and remote. Looked like the best value for the money. This is my first time with a TV box of any kind so I wouls like some feedback and input on how to improve my experience. I am reading through this thread from the start and gaining lots of useful information. Here is a link to my box

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/t8-...pps-octa-core/
Lol complete waste of money but what could anyone expect from a moron like you.
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:27 AM 05-24-2017
Anybody else lose Exodus? I don't see it listed in the Add-on installer either. Maybe it's just me. Either way...HELP! Lol!
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:30 AM 05-24-2017
Nevermind...reinstalled it from the repository
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:33 AM 05-24-2017
Fish, you seem to be the expert in this equipment. Do you have any input for me? So far, all I have are 3rd grade insults from that brain dead neanderthal that goes by Jewish Rabbi.
[Reply]
Sorce 07:39 AM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
How are you adding your addons? I'd highly recommend using Indigo\Addon Installer, as it will also check for any dependencies that particular addons need in addition to the addon itself. Your issue sounds like a missing dependency.
That's the way I've been adding them, I tried uninstalling and re-installing and no luck, the scripts may be broken right now, not sure.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 37
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up