ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 162
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
notorious 12:05 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because he overcame this deficits not once, not twice, but THREE times.

That's not a fluke, that's a TREND.
Not only overcame them, but completely ran the other teams out of the stadium. San Fran game was trending toward blowout territory if the comeback would have happened sooner.

The 9ers had nothing after KC got the engine revved up.
[Reply]
diqlix 12:06 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Not only overcame them, but completely ran the other teams out of the stadium. San Fran game was trending toward blowout territory if the comeback would have happened sooner.

The 9ers had nothing after KC got the engine revved up.
That was a fun game.
[Reply]
notorious 12:09 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
That was a fun game.
I disagree. It was painful to watch my team get handled. Reminded me of the AFC Champ game the previous year.

The last few minutes were fun though. Thank goodness Shanahan is an epic choker.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:11 PM 12-16-2020
I disagree. It was painful to watch my team get handled. Reminded me of the AFC Champ game the previous year.

The last few minutes were fun though. Thank goodness Shanahan is an epic choker.
That entire game was so hard to watch until the last 7 minutes.
[Reply]
diqlix 12:12 PM 12-16-2020

I suppose it's more fun when you're a impartial observer.

I enjoy comebacks.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:13 PM 12-16-2020
They have a solid run game, their line is quite good, and their defensive pass rush is nasty.

I agree, they're a sleeper team.

As far as Baker as a better passer, I'm not really sure what to say to that. Really odd opinion.

Allen has a higher completion percentage, more passing yards, more passing TDs, more passing 1st downs, more 20+ yard throws, and a higher QB rating.
Allen has the stats, no question.

And we'll skip the dumb plays both QBs have a tendency to make too regularly.

I'm talking about things like pre-snap reads, blocking adjustments, accuracy, understanding ball placement, and so forth.

Allen is a great, but still fairly raw talented QB. Kind of in the Tannehill mold, but better arm strength, arm talent, and even better runner. Where Allen falls short is mostly between his ears, and maybe to a degree absolute accuracy.

Baker obviously isn't the same kind of athlete, and doesn't have Josh's arm strength. But he is more accurate with tight window throws, exhibits better timing, and throws with more anticipation.

If all we did was look at off-schedule throws, Allen would probably win there as well due mostly to his crazy arm talent/strength, but most passing plays in the NFL are either timing/rhythm plays, or reads from the pocket, which is where Baker shows more competence, both in orchestrating his offense and throwing accurately on time and with anticipation. Though if you get some pressure on him, a lot of that goes out the window. Or up until Monday night this seemed to be mostly true.

Again, we're not talking about pure stats now, we're talking about how comfortable both QBs look from the pocket on typical passing downs.

Now, I do believe that Allen can and probably will mature into a better pure passer, so my opinion might shift next season or whatever.

This shouldn't be that much of surprise, considering their relative experience at the position from their college careers up to now. What's surprising to me is the big improvement Josh has made from last season to this one. Though having Diggs as his safety blanket has likely made the biggest difference for Allen statistically.

Anyway right now, Baker looks more like a true NFL QB than Allen does.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I literally do not remember any of the game prior to William's 4th quarter TD to go up 24-20. It's blacked out in my brain.
[Reply]
diqlix 12:20 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Allen has the stats, no question.

And we'll skip the dumb plays both QBs have a tendency to make too regularly.

I'm talking about things like pre-snap reads, blocking adjustments, accuracy, understanding ball placement, and so forth.

Allen is a great, but still fairly raw talented QB. Kind of in the Tannehill mold, but better arm strength, arm talent, and even better runner. Where Allen falls short is mostly between his ears, and maybe to a degree absolute accuracy.

Baker obviously isn't the same kind of athlete, and doesn't have Josh's arm strength. But he is more accurate with tight window throws, exhibits better timing, and throws with more anticipation.

If all we did was look at off-schedule throws, Allen would probably win there as well due mostly to his crazy arm talent/strength, but most passing plays in the NFL are either timing/rhythm plays, or reads from the pocket, which is where Baker shows more competence, both in orchestrating his offense and throwing accurately on time and with anticipation. Though if you get some pressure on him, a lot of that goes out the window. Or up until Monday night this seemed to be mostly true.

Again, we're not talking about pure stats now, we're talking about how comfortable both QBs look from the pocket on typical passing downs.

Now, I do believe that Allen can and probably will mature into a better pure passer, so my opinion might shift next season or whatever.

This shouldn't be that much of surprise, considering their relative experience at the position from their college careers up to now. What's surprising to me is the big improvement Josh has made from last season to this one. Though having Diggs as his safety blanket has likely made the biggest difference for Allen statistically.

Anyway right now, Baker looks more like a true NFL QB than Allen does.
Ok, we will have to agree to disagree on that.

I haven't seen anything from Baker that indicates to me that he is in Allen's league.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 12:21 PM 12-16-2020
"I dont know how you can say Chiefs fans are arrogant"

Proceeds to say extremely arrogant things.

lol.

You wouldn't take anyone from the Buffalo offense?

Yeah, Diggs (league leader in receptions), would obviously ride the bench in KC :-)
I didn't say I wasn't proud of our team and have confidence, I said many Chiefs fans don't. And if you would have read my post instead of skimmed it and got in your Jimmys to respond as quick as possible I said position for position. So, no, I wouldn't take Diggs over Hill. Would I take Diggs on the team? Yes, but position for position we have Buffalo beat in every category not to mention the one that matters most, QB. And in that battle it isn't even close.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:24 PM 12-16-2020
I vividly remember being confident that entire game that we were going to win. I mean it had happened the past two weeks and we had Patrick Mahomes so of course he would bring us back again right?

And then he threw that second INT off Tyreek's fingertips and it hit me like a brick. We weren't coming back, Patrick just didn't have it that night, and we were going to come up short in the biggest game of our lives. It was a sickening feeling.

Of course the rest is history (the comeback happened so fast and so violently that I barely had time to register I was watching).

But the only time that I've ever felt like the Chiefs had NO chance to win a game in the last three years, was after that second INT.
[Reply]
notorious 12:26 PM 12-16-2020
When Kelce scored the TD to make it 17-20 my hope grew. When G missed Sanders deep on 3rd down I said “San Fran is ****ed”.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:30 PM 12-16-2020
I usually fast forward to the start of the Wasp drive.

It's all great from there on. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:30 PM 12-16-2020
When Kelce scored the TD to make it 17-20 my hope grew. When G missed Sanders deep on 3rd down I said “San Fran is ****ed”.
I can't ever remember this team getting within three points and not sealing the deal.

We have a team of bloodhounds. When they get the scent, it's over.
[Reply]
notorious 12:32 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I can't ever remember this team getting within three points and not sealing the deal.

We have a team of bloodhounds. When they get the scent, it's over.
The defense completely rejuvenated after the Kelce TD. I’ve never seen a team completely flip the game trend like they did the last 3 drives to stop SF.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:41 PM 12-16-2020
Ok, we will have to agree to disagree on that.

I haven't seen anything from Baker that indicates to me that he is in Allen's league.
Like I said, it's just my opinion.

But when i review film on these two, I still see Allen staring down receivers, being unsure of where his hot route is if Diggs isn't on the field, and just not throwing with good anticipation/timing.

Not on every passing snap, but it still happens a few times in nearly every game, that I've watched the Bills play.

Baker came into the league with a solid understanding of throwing on time/in rhythm, and throwing with anticipation. In short, Baker hits most of his receivers on time and in the breadbasket or where the defender can't do much about it. Allen is still throwing "at" receivers a lot, so sometimes the ball is located poorly, and his timing isn't consistent.

Of course, the question remains, can Baker continue to play at the level he's been performing at over the last couple games.

And let's be clear: I'm not saying that Baker is a better starting QB than Allen.

I'm taking a specific slice of QB play and ignoring (for the sake of argument) all other facets of QB play.

On the whole, Allen has been far better than Baker the last two seasons.
[Reply]
Page 108 of 162
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158 > Last »
Up